A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:51:44 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TCC Downtown  (Read 24675 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2014, 08:43:47 pm »

Face it, those in charge of zoning in Tulsa have pretty well gotten it wrong since the 1950s.

Minimum parking is stupid.  From TPS tearing out playgrounds to add parking, to forcing Cherry Street to tear out the neighborhood, to TCC adding a parking lot to an area that was just humiliated as th worst example of a parking desert in the nation. 

Add in constant developments set back with massive fronted parking lots.

Zero building requirements for quality or form.  If you want to build it, come on!

Name an area WITH charector developed in Tulsa in the last 50 years.

I'd bet big that for the foreseeable future TCC downtown maintains a "no urban development" policy.

Prove me wrong TCC.

P.S.  too bad we have half donkey OSU, OU, NSU, RSU, and Langston instead of one REAL 4 year D1 state college in Tulsa.  But from a small gubment perspective it males sense to have 5 colleges try to do the job...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2014, 07:54:27 am »

TCC's behaviour in downtown makes me regret that I fund them with my property taxes.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2014, 08:17:19 am »

P.S.  too bad we have half donkey OSU, OU, NSU, RSU, and Langston instead of one REAL 4 year D1 state college University in Tulsa.  But from a small gubment perspective it males sense to have 5 colleges try to do the job...

Sorry....just couldn't let that go!  Had to fix it for you.

It's worse than "too bad" - it is ignorance at it's peak of performance. 

And... No one can name an area WITH character developed in Tulsa in the last 50 years because there has been none!    Well, except maybe for the Woodland Hills mall area.... LOL!!  (Sometimes I crack myself up!!)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2014, 11:08:40 am »

Minimum parking is stupid.  From TPS tearing out playgrounds to add parking, to forcing Cherry Street to tear out the neighborhood, to TCC adding a parking lot to an area that was just humiliated as th worst example of a parking desert in the nation. 

Downtown TCC has no parking requirement. They could make the whole thing a water park and comply with zoning.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2014, 01:46:20 pm »

That's why I picked on TCC with my development rant.  TCC is in a district exempt from parking and government run... But it perpetrates the same crimes.  It is a great reflection of our overall lack of development theory.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2014, 01:56:43 pm »

Does anyone know what enrollment at TCC's downtown campus would have to be to realistic use all the parking it currently has available?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2014, 03:52:46 pm »

Does anyone know what enrollment at TCC's downtown campus would have to be to realistic use all the parking it currently has available?

How much is available? 

And how many of the 20,000 enrolled go downtown?  (They wouldn't tell me on a quick check of their web site).  Has to be several thousand at least.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org