A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:06:52 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iraq Reverts  (Read 128288 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2014, 09:27:25 am »

Didn’t E.F. Hutton go bankrupt?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2014, 11:25:50 am »

Didn’t E.F. Hutton go bankrupt?

Not enough people listened
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2014, 01:49:06 pm »

Not enough people listened

I listened... they were idiots!

Did just the opposite and cleaned up!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2014, 12:39:20 pm »

The Pope weighs in (according to the media)...

ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE (AP) — Pope Francis on Monday endorsed the use of force to stop Islamic militants from attacking religious minorities in Iraq but said the international community — and not just one country — should decide how to intervene.

Francis also said he and his advisers were considering whether he might go to northern Iraq himself to show solidarity with persecuted Christians. But he said he was holding off for now on a decision.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/pope-oks-protecting-iraq-minorities-wants-un-ok

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2014, 04:57:10 pm »

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2014, 01:32:57 pm »

Ok, the NYT posted this article right after the president's press conference at 12:45.
Obama, Outraged Over Beheading, Vows to Stay on Course
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/21/us/politics/james-foley-beheading-isis-video-authentic-obama.html?_r=0

The presidential travel log then reported: "POTUS, the president arrived at Vineyard Golf Club at 1:05 p.m., following statement on James Foley and ISIS.

This is the most accurate headline the NYT has posted in almost 20 years!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2014, 03:14:08 pm »

They changed the headline to "Obama, ‘Appalled’ by Beheading, Will Continue Airstrikes" after realizing the irony.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2014, 03:32:16 pm »

They changed the headline to "Obama, ‘Appalled’ by Beheading, Will Continue Airstrikes" after realizing the irony.

Don’t you know some intern or cub editor was laughing his or her arse off when they wrote the original headline?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2014, 04:41:51 pm »

I am very angry about this brutality. As I wrote earlier, I am looking for more than words. I am looking for obscene retribution of a magnitude that would demonstrate power in its rawest form to the world.

Not quite like this, though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ft7kkXO98c[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:47:45 pm by guido911 » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2014, 08:06:17 pm »

I am very angry about this brutality. As I wrote earlier, I am looking for more than words. I am looking for obscene retribution of a magnitude that would demonstrate power in its rawest form to the world.

Not quite like this, though.

Yes.  Quite like that.  And more.

They know we 'have' the power - the whole world knows we have the power.  They also know we do not have the will to use it in what would be the only effective manner.  The only thing that will actually stop this conflict is the elimination of the enemy.  Which no civilized nation has the will to pursue - in particular, I don't believe WE currently have the will to pursue a goal of extermination again.  While they, on the other hand, are pursuing that goal to the degree they are able - killing as many as possible, as brutally as possible as object lesson.  It does not matter what response we have - be it restraint or no restraint.  They are motivated by a religious belief that glorifies death for the cause, while we don't, to that degree.  This will continue, as it has for many years.

This link shows the Israeli/Palestinian situation as template of what has happened in the area in a slightly different venue.  The political will does not exist to do what Rwanda, Uganda, Congo, etc had happen.  And for all the disparity between casualties, they are no closer to resolution.  We will in all likelihood have similar results - except we will kill many times more of them than they will of us....we see those results in Iraq death tolls to date.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/casualtiestotal.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2014, 10:21:57 pm »

Yes.  Quite like that.  And more.

How's this? 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugVorF6TayU#t=23[/youtube]

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2014, 12:39:35 am »

How's this?  

Don't need all that extreme, 'cause what we've been doing has worked so well.....

But yeah, he is right.  Him and the goat he rode in on....

Better ideas anyone?  Since we blew every other chance we had before reaching this point, I'm betting somebody in DC would love to have some help that would actually work at this point!!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:41:42 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2014, 08:08:51 am »

Don’t you know some intern or cub editor was laughing his or her arse off when they wrote the original headline?

Holy Cow!
He's lost the NY Daily!
Yesterday it was Ezra Kline at MSNBC, now the NY Daily.
Making things worse, David Cameron canceled his vacation and returned to London yesterday.
“U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron cut short his summer vacation to return to London and chair urgent meetings on the threat posed by ISIS in Iraq and Syria, calling the video ‘shocking and depraved.’”

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2014, 08:16:52 am »

Holy Cow!
He's lost the NY Daily!
Yesterday it was Ezra Kline at MSNBC, now the NY Daily.
Making things worse, David Cameron canceled his vacation and returned to London yesterday.
“U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron cut short his summer vacation to return to London and chair urgent meetings on the threat posed by ISIS in Iraq and Syria, calling the video ‘shocking and depraved.’”

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2014, 03:00:47 pm »

It seems the president is now at odds with hid Secretary of Defense.  Obama says they are the "JV Team" and Hagel says they are 'beyond anything we've seen'
http://news.yahoo.com/hagel-islamic-state-beyond-anything-weve-seen-202140920.html

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org