A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:21:00 am
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iraq Reverts  (Read 128365 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #270 on: September 03, 2014, 11:09:56 am »

I wonder if Piers is in favor of using guns to take on ISIS?

I doubt he’s thought it through yet. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: September 03, 2014, 11:24:59 am »

rebound is my new favorite poster on TulsaNow.

Sorry Townsend. You had a good run.

We could use some more Rebound posts in politics.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #272 on: September 03, 2014, 11:29:11 am »

Al Frankin has now written a strongly worded letter to AG Holder concerning the President's lack of strategy.  What the hell does he think Holder is going to do?

“I was troubled by the President’s recent suggestion that the Administration has not yet developed a comprehensive strategy to address the growing threat of ISIL’s activities in Syria,” Franken wrote to Holder. “One American who went to high school in Minnesota has been confirmed to have been killed in Syria while fighting with ISIL, and others have traveled there to fight with ISIL as well. We must act diligently and responsibly to prevent Americans from taking up arms with ISIL, or from reentering if they do.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/al-franken-obama-isil-strategy-110557.html#ixzz3CH4Nij5w

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #273 on: September 03, 2014, 11:43:44 am »

. . .and now Joe Biden gives the only appropriate response so far from the administration.

“When people harm Americans we don’t retreat, and we don’t forget,” he said. “They should know, we will follow them to the gates of hell until they are brought to justice, because hell is where they will reside! Hell is where they will reside!”

Perhaps he is gearing up to exercise Section 4 of the 25th amendment?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #274 on: September 03, 2014, 05:16:05 pm »

Al Frankin has now written a strongly worded letter to AG Holder concerning the President's lack of strategy.  What the hell does he think Holder is going to do?

“I was troubled by the President’s recent suggestion that the Administration has not yet developed a comprehensive strategy to address the growing threat of ISIL’s activities in Syria,” Franken wrote to Holder. “One American who went to high school in Minnesota has been confirmed to have been killed in Syria while fighting with ISIL, and others have traveled there to fight with ISIL as well. We must act diligently and responsibly to prevent Americans from taking up arms with ISIL, or from reentering if they do.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/al-franken-obama-isil-strategy-110557.html#ixzz3CH4Nij5w

Get more no-knock search warrants from the World Court, I mean, after we get a coalition of attorneys general together and on the same page. Franken is facing a potential tough reelection, so he wants to appear tough. He also wants to also treat the televising of chopping off of American heads as a criminal matter.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #275 on: September 04, 2014, 06:13:48 am »

Get more no-knock search warrants from the World Court, I mean, after we get a coalition of attorneys general together and on the same page. Franken is facing a potential tough reelection, so he wants to appear tough. He also wants to also treat the televising of chopping off of American heads as a criminal matter.

I think he's good enough, and smart enough to win, and dogonit, people like him!

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #276 on: September 04, 2014, 09:08:21 am »

Does anyone really take "Stuart Smalley" seriously? But then again. Doggonit! people like him.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #277 on: September 04, 2014, 09:22:19 am »

Does anyone really take "Stuart Smalley" seriously? But then again. Doggonit! people like him.

He still polls really strong, so apparently so.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #278 on: September 04, 2014, 09:42:56 am »

Real quick question. Since ISIS has come around. Has the Taliban went out of business?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #279 on: September 04, 2014, 10:05:12 am »

Real quick question. Since ISIS has come around. Has the Taliban went out of business?

Talaban is regional (Afghanistan).  Taliban is more of a tribal islamic organization compared to ISIS which is more like a global corporation.  The Taliban are fundamentalists who believe in Shira law, but are not nearly as extremist or consumed with domination thorough creation of the caliphate as ISIS is.

Basically the Taliban is a Geo Metro, and ISIS is a much larger vehicle.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #280 on: September 04, 2014, 11:32:52 am »

You should probably look elsewhere for reliable information on Isis v Taliban
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #281 on: September 04, 2014, 11:34:01 am »

You should probably look elsewhere for reliable information on Isis v Taliban

Oh. There you are.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #282 on: September 04, 2014, 11:41:00 am »

Oh. There you are.

Always around. 

Our national/international politics section is a mess.  It's not the best place to get reliable information.

I'm sure you're well aware, little car v big car guy.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #283 on: September 07, 2014, 07:44:15 pm »

ISIS really isn't that big....probably less than 10,000 total - and I suspect that is high.  They are an ongoing evolution of radical Islamists...like al Qaeda, etc.  More of the same - we are not looking at a 'whole new organization' - this is the ongoing of what we have been fighting for a long, long time.  Radicals from Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, especially Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and the US and UK.  So, it is really pretty silly to try to 'parse' this into something that shouldn't have a response until they do something - they have been doing something.

Appropriate response - and I just bet that Obama doesn't have the co-jones to do it;

Mobilize the entire US military in the gulf/middle east.  Use every satellite, ground, drone, resource available to get the best location data possible on these forces across Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and anywhere else they are to be found.  Get everybody ready to fire whatever missile, JDAM, drone, cruise missile, artillery - anything and everything it takes.

Start at 8:45 am this coming Thursday.  Target each and every person involved in ISIS, al Qaeda, and whatever little bunch of stuff is in Pakistan in their northwest sector, be it a siege around a mountain, a city, or just a convoy of our stolen equipment running around in the desert.  Kill everything.  Spend any and all time required to destroy them.  Follow them, track them, let none get away.  We destroyed about 150,000 Iraqi soldiers in Desert Storm in 100 hours.  Surely we can kill a few thousand in a few weeks.  If not, why not??

And tell Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria if they don't get on board and show some real interest in helping any way they can, they might just be next.  It is WAY past time for all these so-called moderate Muslims who "don't believe" in what the radicals are doing to make a stand - either with the compassion and human decency as they claim, or not!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:46:36 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2014, 08:08:43 am »

ISIS really isn't that big....probably less than 10,000 total - and I suspect that is high.  They are an ongoing evolution of radical Islamists...like al Qaeda, etc.  More of the same - we are not looking at a 'whole new organization' - this is the ongoing of what we have been fighting for a long, long time.  Radicals from Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, especially Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and the US and UK.  So, it is really pretty silly to try to 'parse' this into something that shouldn't have a response until they do something - they have been doing something.

Appropriate response - and I just bet that Obama doesn't have the co-jones to do it;

Mobilize the entire US military in the gulf/middle east.  Use every satellite, ground, drone, resource available to get the best location data possible on these forces across Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and anywhere else they are to be found.  Get everybody ready to fire whatever missile, JDAM, drone, cruise missile, artillery - anything and everything it takes.

Start at 8:45 am this coming Thursday.  Target each and every person involved in ISIS, al Qaeda, and whatever little bunch of stuff is in Pakistan in their northwest sector, be it a siege around a mountain, a city, or just a convoy of our stolen equipment running around in the desert.  Kill everything.  Spend any and all time required to destroy them.  Follow them, track them, let none get away.  We destroyed about 150,000 Iraqi soldiers in Desert Storm in 100 hours.  Surely we can kill a few thousand in a few weeks.  If not, why not??

And tell Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria if they don't get on board and show some real interest in helping any way they can, they might just be next.  It is WAY past time for all these so-called moderate Muslims who "don't believe" in what the radicals are doing to make a stand - either with the compassion and human decency as they claim, or not!

Rather bad idea to minimize a threat for the sake of politics.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/isis-iraq-numbers_n_5659239.html
http://rt.com/news/183048-isis-grow-expand-jihadist/
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/08/islamic-state-50000-fighters-syria-2014819184258421392.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amb-marc-ginsberg/a-field-guide-to-the-isla_b_5733062.html

Your JV team is ready for the pros.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org