A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:07:58 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Soccer Fans Apparently...  (Read 37879 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2014, 09:55:06 am »

And I think probably the best of all.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=725281440894141&fref=nf

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2014, 04:39:36 pm »

And I think probably the best of all.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=725281440894141&fref=nf

Have you seen the one with the sniper from the movie Saving Private Ryan?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2014, 10:45:00 am »

Have you seen the one with the sniper from the movie Saving Private Ryan?

Yeah....that's what he gets for being left-handed!!   And trying to shoot a bolt action rifle backwards!  Shouldn't somebody do something about that?  Maybe make a government bureau, if not a full blown agency??!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2014, 03:02:21 am »

Words fail.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbmnhusvWTc[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2014, 10:33:44 am »

Words fail.

There is no place in a civilized society for an sport that requires the use of a ball in any configuration.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2014, 12:12:32 pm »

There is no place in a civilized society for an sport that requires the use of a ball in any configuration.

You do realize that is the only definition of "Sport" That and keeping score.

I watch NASCAR and have tried to explain to other fans it is not a sport. It's a skill.  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2014, 12:15:00 pm »

I watch NASCAR and have tried to explain to other fans it is not a sport. It's a skill.  Roll Eyes

I consider the legacy Olympic sports - as in Grecian times - to be sports.  Anything with a ball is just an attempt at redefinition and political correctness.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2014, 12:30:50 pm »

I consider the legacy Olympic sports - as in Grecian times - to be sports.  Anything with a ball is just an attempt at redefinition and political correctness.

There is a difference between Sport and Athletic Competition.  Depending upon the definition, an activity can be both or neither.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2014, 01:19:15 pm »

Also my definition of a sport includes the ability for any Joe blow to be able to participate. So there again. Some skilled activities do not apply as being a sport.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2014, 01:19:50 pm »

And I forgot earlier, on NASCAR.....

"Gggoooollllyyyyy....I sure wished I could turns left for 500 hunnerd miles..."

If I haven't before, that should piss off about 103% of the population....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2014, 01:20:34 pm »

Also my definition of a sport includes the ability for any Joe blow to be able to participate. So there again. Some skilled activities do not apply as being a sport.

Now THAT is something I can be actively on board with!!

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2014, 01:23:51 pm »

And I forgot earlier, on NASCAR.....

"Gggoooollllyyyyy....I sure wished I could turns left for 500 hunnerd miles..."

If I haven't before, that should piss off about 103% of the population....

Nah. Kind of like Pro Wrestling. It's all about how you enjoy "your" entertainment.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2014, 01:25:41 pm »

I'm having trouble thinking of an activity, even a highly skilled one, where a person could not participate at some level.  Obviously not everyone can participate at the highest end of any sport or activity, but at some level there is room for participation in just about everything.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2014, 01:34:07 pm »

Nah. Kind of like Pro Wrestling. It's all about how you enjoy "your" entertainment.

I have a grand nephew who was part of the longest reigning WWE Tag Team Champions of all time....

Last I heard, he was in overseas wrestling....getting too old for the "Big Show" here in the states!

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2014, 08:20:17 am »

Starting this morning..... Manchester United has lost their season opener... and I'm a big fan........ (of any team that's playing against ManU, that is).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=iRqypM7jb5Y[/youtube]

And this afternoon, at Tulsa Athletics Soccer Stadium. Starting at 2pm...

http://www.tulsabuffaloes.com/

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:49:57 am by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org