A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:01:04 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Soccer Fans Apparently...  (Read 38224 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2014, 01:02:25 pm »

You guys find me and I will buy you a beer.

Power is nothing till you use it.
davideinstein
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 09:30:38 pm »

Last minute opted for Fassler. Insane environment.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 03:02:41 am »

No better to place this story on the flopping going on at the World Cup (of wusses)

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-world-rankings-of-flopping-1403660175

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2014, 07:07:49 am »

Now you're just trolling...

USA!  USA!  USA!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyaU_vMhGt0[/youtube]

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 07:53:39 am »

No better to place this story on the flopping going on at the World Cup (of wusses)

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-world-rankings-of-flopping-1403660175

You know. I've seen punters do that in Football. You do like Football? Right?  Huh

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 08:02:56 am »

So much pain and suffering to be endured by the players....how can we allow this much torture and torment to happen in this day and age?

They flop more than the NBA!!  That has always seemed to be the "gold standard" of flopping until now.

Oh, yeah...they have more kindergarten level "biters" than other sports, too!  Do their parents teach them nothing in childhood??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 10:01:29 am »

I hope the USA team scores an early touchdown. That would be a real home run.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2014, 04:09:45 pm »

You know. I've seen punters do that in Football. You do like Football? Right?  Huh

Yep. Saw that in basketball too. And those folks get rightly called out as well. Not my fault that a story was done on this subject. I mean seriously, it's not as if people are biting each other or demanding they get paid cash or they will not play.

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2014, 07:05:56 pm »

Not my fault that a story was done on this subject.

Actually it is kinda your fault.
Political conservatives trot this crap out every four years...
And anytime the conservative media can find a convenient scapegoat, lemmings like you lap it up....

Here's a nice saucer full of steaming crap for ya, brought to you by the shameless Ann Coulter... lap it up, sucker!  Cheesy

Coulter: Any growing interest in soccer a sign of nation's moral decay
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opinion/columnists/2014/06/25/coulter-growing-interest-soccer-sign-nations-moral-decay/11372137/
Soccer is like the metric system, which liberals also adore because it's European. Naturally, the metric system emerged from the French Revolution, during the brief intervals when they weren't committing mass murder by guillotine.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:27:16 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2014, 07:56:06 pm »

Actually it is kinda your fault.
When the conservative media finds a scapegoat, you dupes lap it up like flies on... well....

Here's nice saucer of steaming crap for ya, brought to you by the shameless Ann Coulter... lap it up, sucker!  Cheesy

Coulter: Any growing interest in soccer a sign of nation's moral decay
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opinion/columnists/2014/06/25/coulter-growing-interest-soccer-sign-nations-moral-decay/11372137/

You give Coulter WAY too much credence - and credit....anyone with even just half a brain knows what kind of low-life she is....she takes a germ of truth and spins it into a sticky, smelly, swamp sludge with the most obnoxious odor imaginable.  The germ of truth here is that relatively few people in this country really follow soccer. 

The rest of her story is the glorification of football as some kind of Holy Grail of sports....and hockey??  Well, they pretty much all appeal to our baser natures for blood sport.  (Ever sit in the stands and here the phrase "kill 'em" being shouted?) Those two, plus basketball, and the "ring fighter" things like UFC.  Soccer has way to much violence, but it stems from fans rather than the game - but it does seem like the game is trying to "catch up" with the fans....can't let the fans get out in front of the game!

The 1975 version of "Rollerball" showed the path - our society has skipped down it merrily, merrily, merrily,.....life is but a dream...!

About the only sports left that haven't devolved into blood-letting and mayhem are the shooting sports!  All sanctioned team and organized individual shooting sports are played with inanimate objects as target.  Hunting is an individual, unorganized, non-team sport that does not go after other people.   Perhaps a day will come when the childhood games will make the transition to adult level....Cowboys and Indians... Cops and Robbers - we are getting close on that one.  That day is not today.

There really is no such thing as a sanctioned, institutionalized, organized version of "The Running Man".  That could change as UFC evolves to allow hand held weapons....   We are heading to a time when we will have come full circle - back to Roman Coliseum gladiator games!  It's been a long time since the lions got to wantonly kill the man, instead of the man wantonly killing the lion!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 08:26:20 pm »

Wait...do you mean to say that Coulter is some kind of political commentator? All this time I thought she was a failed stand up comedian.

I learn something new here every day.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
davideinstein
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2014, 12:06:28 am »

Anyway...

Fassler was a great spot again today. Belgium will be tough and waiting if we win is Argentina? Yikes.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2014, 08:06:30 pm »

Triumph getting into it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXFNrcsXPCQ[/youtube]

On a positive note, I am actually watching some of these games. And I do hope the U.S. does well.

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 07:31:32 pm »

USA showed some grit today, after going 2-0 down during the 30 minute overtime following scoreless regulation... so close to tying it up...

and now, for a final parting shot at the turdblossom Englishman who wrote the hack piece for the WSJ... 

Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2014, 08:50:06 pm »

Wait...do you mean to say that Coulter is some kind of political commentator? All this time I thought she was a failed stand up comedian.

I learn something new here every day.

Naw....just a failed human being!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org