A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:59:36 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F5 Storm Shelters  (Read 68938 times)
Btlsooner
Citizen

« on: June 09, 2014, 07:45:20 pm »

Hello everybody. I'm with F5 storm shelters and we just recently opened up a store in the S. Tulsa area. I wanted to reach out to everybody on this site and offer you a 10% discount off all our products. We sell underground garage shelters, above ground safe rooms, and outdoor cellars. You can check out our website for more info at www.f5stormsheltersok.com. Call us if you have any questions, would love to help some of y'all protect your families. Thanks.

Blake
(918) 970-4770
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:39:17 pm by Admin » Logged
Btlsooner
Citizen

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 02:32:40 pm »

It's been a few months and I wanted to go ahead and bump this up. We sold a few to people from this board and just wanted to re-post it from time to time.
Btlsooner
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 01:45:11 pm »

Hey guys, it Blake with F5 Storm Shelters of Tulsa. Just wanted to let you know that we are doing a storm shelter giveaway this month. We have done a lot of work for members on this board and thought there may be some more people out there that have been interested in getting a shelter installed but never followed through with it. This is your chance. Follow the link to our page for more info on what you need to do to register (registration take 5 seconds). Let me know if you have any questions. We would love if one of the people on the board was selected as the winner!

http://f5stormsheltersok.com/who-wants-a-free-storm-shelter/
Btlsooner
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 05:31:35 pm »

Last day to register for our free storm shelter giveaway is this Friday, November 14th. Find out how to sign up at our website. Here is the link one more time. http://f5stormsheltersok.com/who-wants-a-free-storm-shelter/
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 01:18:58 pm »

With the cost of storm shelters so high, one could make their own with 4" channel steel and plate steel from a salvage yard, weld or bolt it together for a fraction of the cost, can even make them stronger than shelters advertised. Build them in place or bolt it down inside your garage. No flying lumber and other junk in a twister  can go thru plate steel.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
rebound
City Father

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 01:41:03 pm »

With the cost of storm shelters so high, one could make their own with 4" channel steel and plate steel from a salvage yard, weld or bolt it together for a fraction of the cost, can even make them stronger than shelters advertised. Build them in place or bolt it down inside your garage. No flying lumber and other junk in a twister  can go thru plate steel.

As an engineer who could easily draw the plans, and farm boy (and ex VP of my Ag chapter in HS...) who is very confident in my welding abilities,  it is not worth it to build your own.  At least not for the vast majority of people.  I bought one a few years back, and it  is currently bolted to the floor of my garage.  Best money (at least from a security standpoint) I have ever spent.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 01:47:43 pm »

As an engineer who could easily draw the plans, and farm boy (and ex VP of my Ag chapter in HS...) who is very confident in my welding abilities,  it is not worth it to build your own.  At least not for the vast majority of people.  I bought one a few years back, and it  is currently bolted to the floor of my garage.  Best money (at least from a security standpoint) I have ever spent.

You're forgetting that you a dealing with someone who reroofed his single wide with tarps from Home Depot.  Wink
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 09:09:55 pm »

Could be a fun project, but I think I will build one from reinforced concrete.   More like a pillbox...  Or a bunker.... 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Btlsooner
Citizen

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 04:36:45 pm »

You also have to make sure to build it to certain FEMA guidelines and you have to pay to have it tested. Nobody has ever been killed in a storm shelter or safe room that has a passing grade at Texas Tech's Wind institute in Lubbock.

A guy that built his own saferoom, that was never tested, died just last year in a tornado that hit in Arkansas. Be careful.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 06:16:38 pm »

You also have to make sure to build it to certain FEMA guidelines and you have to pay to have it tested. Nobody has ever been killed in a storm shelter or safe room that has a passing grade at Texas Tech's Wind institute in Lubbock.

A guy that built his own saferoom, that was never tested, died just last year in a tornado that hit in Arkansas. Be careful.

Building one is not for everyone, that's for sure.  It is a big project that would definitely be out of the realm of reality for most.  Plus, buying installed is probably cheaper.  I have started "pricing" what I plan to make and it is not cheap - lots of concrete and steel.  Concrete pillbox style...

FEMA also has some very good guidelines for emergency supply kits.

Good information even if you don't "build your own" - can use as a reference when looking at something built/installed by someone else.
FEMA P-320

https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/2009?id=1536

Construction guidelines - for the truly adventurous amongst us;

https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/26215?id=5788

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Btlsooner
Citizen

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 02:55:13 pm »

It's getting pretty close to storm season. Just wanted to bump this just in case any board members are in the market for a storm shelter. Call us if you have any questions. Mention your a member on Tulsa now and I'll give you a discount!

F5 Storm Shelters of Tulsa
(918) 970-4770 Stay Alive, Call F5!
http://www.f5stormsheltersok.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org