A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:54:33 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Tough!  (Read 15267 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: June 02, 2014, 05:30:30 pm »

Where else can you see some of the best bicycle racing the country has to offer, and you get to watch it for free! Three days of shoulder to shoulder sprints, high speed chases, and the sublime chaos of Cry Baby Hill await you.

This was in Sand Springs a couple of weeks ago:

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:53:29 am »

As popular as this event is getting. Is there enough room for all the people to show up at Cry Baby Hill? and what time is the best time to get there? I'm really thinking about checking this thing out.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 04:51:51 pm »

Cry Baby Hill is crowded. Last year, volunteer gendarmes and centurions controlled the street by using long poles to form a corridor for the racers. The system worked well. If you go, remember that it's probably not a good place to take the children.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ed

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 05:18:59 pm »

Where else can you see some of the best bicycle racing the country has to offer, and you get to watch it for free! Three days of shoulder to shoulder sprints, high speed chases, and the sublime chaos of Cry Baby Hill await you.

Nice rack.

Bike rack that is.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 08:24:59 pm »

I get to drive the pace car for the 8am Men’s masters and the race just following at 8:35 the Cat 5 35+ men’s race in Riverview Sunday.  I also get to ride shotgun for one race in the Brady on Saturday at 10am and drive the car for the 12:10 race.  I don’t think I’d care to drive it later in the day on Sunday with the crowds.

Friday in the Blue Dome would be fun, hopefully I’ll get a shot at it next year.

Hey, it’s the only chance I’ve got to lead a crit race at my age Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 08:46:50 pm »

Hey, it’s the only chance I’ve got to lead a crit race at my age Wink

If that's true, by the time you get to my age you will be in a wheel chair.  You are just a young guy.   Grin

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 08:57:18 pm »

If that's true, by the time you get to my age you will be in a wheel chair.  You are just a young guy.   Grin

Grin

Hey, I even get to drive a Kraut car!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 09:02:09 pm »

Grin

I thought he drove an old 60s Ford pickup...wait, nevermind...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 09:37:48 pm »

Grin

Can you be a bit more specific?  There are a bunch of interesting cars from Deutschland.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 07:28:45 am »

davideinstein
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 02:23:58 pm »

Should be a great weekend.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 04:36:39 pm »

Well this pretty much covers all my questions.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage3/five-things-to-bring-to-cry-baby-hill-and-five/article_fba4e965-01db-56ec-9f5b-c25cd159b5f8.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 05:42:35 pm »

I posted some of my photos over on G+, including some of the madness on the hill. I left at about 1PM as it was getting very crowded.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114874700548780474647/albums/6022703589360625585

Ed

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 07:24:45 pm »

Nice shot of the Giff.  Too bad we missed you.  I think we came back about 1/2 hour after you left.  As always a raucous party.  And yes Guido, cyclists rode in the middle of the street!  We unfortunately saw many things which cannot be unseen.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:28:46 pm by Conan71 » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 08:54:52 pm »

I drove by the corner of highways 20 and 11 today and saw some tables with bike support 'stuff'.  Turning right (north), I drove about 1/2 mile before going by the first of about 60 or 70 bikes I passed between there and Avant.  Very cool seeing a bunch of bikes out riding that road.  Even if it was raining....  SWMBO commented that looked miserable - I said, "not so much..."

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org