A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:36:17 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Table Community Cafe (Owasso)  (Read 9734 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: July 03, 2014, 03:21:49 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Open Table Community Cafe,12650 N. 86th Place North in Owasso in the space formerly occupied by Tavins.

Date/Time of Visit: 11:30AM, 3JUL2014

Quality of Food (1-5): 4

Menu/Food Options (1-5): 2 - menu is very limited

Quality of Service (1-5): 5

Atmosphere (1-5): 4 - clean, well lit, and efficient.

Overall Rating (1-5): 4

Price ($-$$$$$): $

What makes this restaurant unique: This is a pay-as-you-can restaurant, with suggested donations for each item. Since it's a charitable outreach effort, paying a little more helps offset the costs for those who cannot afford to pay much.

Tell us about your experience:

I had lunch at the Open OpenTable Community Cafe after reading about it in Owassoisms. It's in the space formerly occupied by Tavins, 12650 N. 86th Place North. At present, hours are 8AM - 2PM Monday through Friday, with plans to expand into evening hours.

The cafe runs on a pay-what-you-can basis, with suggested donations posted for each item. This is a joint outreach effort involving the First Presbyterian Church and United Church of Christ, and is organized as a 501c3 non-profit. It relies on both paid staff and volunteers. Only 2 paid staff were on premises during my visit today.

Each day's menu is available through the cafe's Facebook page. As you can see from the photo, it's limited. I had today's special, chicken and pepperoni on flatbread, essentially a pizza. It was crispy and probably had more cheese than I should eat due to my diet restrictions, but it tasted good and disappeared quickly. I'll hurt tomorrow, but I truly enjoyed lunch today. It was accompanied by fresh fruit and iced tea.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 10:15:59 pm »

It looks really good.  Wish I had read about this earlier....now I have to wait a few days!  Is it open on Saturday??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 07:01:30 am »

Currently they're open from 8-2 M-F. Check their FB page for the days menu.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org