A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:35:59 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 15824 times)
Stone
Activist

« on: May 29, 2014, 11:42:30 am »

As a big time Pearl Jam fan I'm stoked to see this show come thru the BOK. Wasn't expecting that especially since they just played OKC last November. I think Eddie Vedder was impressed with Tulsa when he played the Brady in '12 ( two nights btw). Katy Perry and Pearl Jam in the same week. That's big time!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 11:47:03 am »

As a big time Pearl Jam fan I'm stoked to see this show come thru the BOK. Wasn't expecting that especially since they just played OKC last November. I think Eddie Vedder was impressed with Tulsa when he played the Brady in '12 ( two nights btw). Katy Perry and Pearl Jam in the same week. That's big time!

Yeah, that BOK Center/CrashShip/DuctTapeRoll won't do the city any good...  Wink

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 09:31:34 am »

Good grief, tickets are moving fast for this show!  I logged in right at 10a and got section 314.  I didn't want nosebleed, so I just kept trying.  Apparently, they sold out the original allotment of seats, because after getting section 306 (the very, very back section), I got section 119 (a slight "side view").  I jumped on those! I honestly thought that I would never get to see Pearl Jam play Tulsa.  This is going to be great!

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 10:48:06 am »

Good grief, tickets are moving fast for this show!  I logged in right at 10a and got section 314.  I didn't want nosebleed, so I just kept trying.  Apparently, they sold out the original allotment of seats, because after getting section 306 (the very, very back section), I got section 119 (a slight "side view").  I jumped on those! I honestly thought that I would never get to see Pearl Jam play Tulsa.  This is going to be great!

People are already complaining that StubHub already has about 1000 tickets on sale for this concert.  Yeah, I guess that scalping enforcement is really working.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 11:02:14 am »

People are already complaining that StubHub already has about 1000 tickets on sale for this concert.  Yeah, I guess that scalping enforcement is really working.

That is just ridiculous.  I hate that a person has to fight scalpers for tickets.  I had to buy tickets from StubHub for a PJ show in KC in 2010 and the OKC show last fall.  Both of those were mainly my fault, since I decided to go so close to the actual show date.  I ended up paying close to face value for the tickets because I did wait so long, though.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 12:38:06 pm »

That is just ridiculous.  I hate that a person has to fight scalpers for tickets.  I had to buy tickets from StubHub for a PJ show in KC in 2010 and the OKC show last fall.  Both of those were mainly my fault, since I decided to go so close to the actual show date.  I ended up paying close to face value for the tickets because I did wait so long, though.

Of course if you were in the fan club for a while you would get in the first few rows.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 12:38:36 pm »

That's part of the reason the ex and I quit going to concerts. One was prices were getting high, and the other that Ticketmaster was almost a useless site for decent seats, unless you are a member of something like American Express or some other credit card that gives you access to tickets before they go for public sale.
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 12:59:12 pm »

Of course if you were in the fan club for a while you would get in the first few rows.

I was in the Ten Club for awhile.  It got me really good seats for the 2003 OKC show and the Eddie Vedder show at the Brady, and got me field tickets for the Wrigley show last summer.  I let it go at the end of last summer, though.  I finally decided that the yearly membership wasn't worth it.  I kinda wish I would have kept it, now.  Whoops!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:04:00 pm by dioscorides » Logged

Stone
Activist

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 11:21:18 am »

Yeah, ticket disaster is the reason I had four tickets to this concert instead of the "just two" I intended on getting.
I purchased tickets right out of the gate and got what I thought were good tickets (lower level section 107). 5-10 minutes later they open up the sections to the side of the stage. Much better seats, so I decide to buy those thinking I could get a refund on my first purchase. After calling their 1-800# you surely can get refunded but not in full. I decided to keep them and have already unloaded them on someone else.
All that being said, I'm pumped up for the show. The OKC show was killer and I've since grown to love the new album. It's certainly not Ten, Vs or vitalogy but it's cracked the top 5 PJ albums for me. Love the art work on it too!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 12:01:11 pm »

Yeah, ticket disaster is the reason I had four tickets to this concert instead of the "just two" I intended on getting.
I purchased tickets right out of the gate and got what I thought were good tickets (lower level section 107). 5-10 minutes later they open up the sections to the side of the stage. Much better seats, so I decide to buy those thinking I could get a refund on my first purchase. After calling their 1-800# you surely can get refunded but not in full. I decided to keep them and have already unloaded them on someone else.
All that being said, I'm pumped up for the show. The OKC show was killer and I've since grown to love the new album. It's certainly not Ten, Vs or vitalogy but it's cracked the top 5 PJ albums for me. Love the art work on it too!

I liked PJ, however never got into their music near as much as guys like AiC (the harmonies Layne and Jerry pulled off are awesome) and STP.  The guy now singing with AiC is good, but he's no Layne.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 01:33:01 pm »

Yeah, that BOK Center/CrashShip/DuctTapeRoll won't do the city any good...  Wink

Are you crazy??  We couldn't survive as a civilized society without CrashShip!!

I love it when I see the results of trying to get into peoples heads - Yay, CrashShip!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 01:35:51 pm »

It is one of the purest expressions of free enterprise we have in this country - law of supply and demand!!  How can one complain about that?  Economic activity at it's most elementary level.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org