A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:28:31 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: zoning change at 21st and Boston  (Read 21348 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 05:08:40 pm »

Go by there at 5:05 to 5:30 pm. Its hilarious. Cars backed up for two blocks each way and no one crossing the street. Then, another light a block further. You can almost see people mouthing the words, "pancakes?" I can't turn left on Boston or Detroit to get to my area.

But its not the light, its that they have made it automatic rather than pedestrian actuated.

note: not actually pancakes but the normally accepted txt version of dismay and irritation. Wink

onward...through the fog
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 07:39:25 am »

Go by there at 5:05 to 5:30 pm. Its hilarious. Cars backed up for two blocks each way and no one crossing the street. Then, another light a block further. You can almost see people mouthing the words, "pancakes?" I can't turn left on Boston or Detroit to get to my area.

But its not the light, its that they have made it automatic rather than pedestrian actuated.

note: not actually pancakes but the normally accepted txt version of dismay and irritation. Wink

If that's true, I'd agree that the joggers should have to activate it only when necessary.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 07:55:33 am »

About three times per week. I didn't mind the pedestrian actuated lights for those with strollers or kids but the automatic interval traffic light is overkill and counter productive.
Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you're saying, but that light is not automatic. You have to push the button. Sometimes it may look like it's automatic because the light lasts much longer than the time needed to cross.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 08:14:54 am »

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you're saying, but that light is not automatic. You have to push the button. Sometimes it may look like it's automatic because the light lasts much longer than the time needed to cross.

They changed it last week. Now it changes by itself and still lasts too long. You can interrupt the cycle by pushing the button but even when no one is around it will cycle.

onward...through the fog
rdj
City Father

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 08:26:02 am »

The NW corner is three seperate parcels totaling about 24,000 sq ft or a little more than half an acre.  They are owned by an LLC whose registered agent also owns the single family home to the north of this land.  Adding that dirt would up it to almost 3/4 of an acre.  I know of the ownership group, not sure what their plans are.  They have owned and developed many properties in midtown and operated businesses and restaurants in midtown over the years.  I would expect something good to come from this change.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2014, 09:36:10 am »

Glad to hear that. Maybe it will stimulate some action on the other vacant lots nearby.

onward...through the fog
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 12:07:57 pm »

Glad to hear that. Maybe it will stimulate some action on the other vacant lots nearby.

Are the lots across 21st still for sale?  I really liked Paul Coury's latest plans for the rowhouses similar to what he still building on the hill above along 22nd.  It is pretty close to being built out with the last couple under construction.  Rowhouses on 22nd are probably an easier sell than busy 21st but at least you'd be across from the park. 

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 12:51:13 pm »

They changed it last week. Now it changes by itself and still lasts too long. You can interrupt the cycle by pushing the button but even when no one is around it will cycle.

Who's the genius that decided that was a good idea?  Angry
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 01:07:00 pm »

Yes, it is horrible now. Totally pointless.
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2014, 02:36:41 pm »

They could at least sync it up with the other light right up the road, but it's not. 

I agree, terrible idea.
davideinstein
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 10:50:52 pm »

Why would they change that light from the push-button?

More brilliance from the city.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2014, 06:03:13 am »

Perhaps a path user made the request? Vandals have almost ripped the push button unit off the post.

onward...through the fog
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2014, 07:55:09 pm »

ahem... building

Hearing the sign has now been moved and is now by an office building next door and not the apartments....
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2014, 08:36:39 pm »

I noticed that. Good news and my views are now on the record as to the apartment building!

I wonder if it affected the actual notice period required.

onward...through the fog
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2014, 09:37:56 am »

I ran through 21st street crosswalk this morning.  The push buttons have been replaced and are working again.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org