A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:32:18 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: zoning change at 21st and Boston  (Read 21284 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 11:14:07 am »

What on earth needs to be built there that can't be done on the vacant lot on the other side of the intersection?

Its probably one of these reasons.  Maybe the spot building on it is $300,000 and they want $3 million for an empty lot across the street (seen a few of these recently).  Cause all that no building makes it worth 10x more, they don't want to sell that land, or want too much for it.  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:19:03 am by CharlieSheen » Logged
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 11:51:16 am »

Its a perfectly awful spot for a shopping center. Its an uphill left turn from Riverside. Its a downhill entry from Lee school at a practically blind corner on Boston. Unless they purchase the half million dollar property immediately to the east or the offices to the north, its no more than a strip center at best. If they do purchase those properties, the pedestrian path crosses right through them.

It may explain why the traffic signal went from a user operated stop light for pedestrians to an automatic interval traffic light which no one asked for. Because of another traffic signal at Cincinnati a block away, it causes traffic to back up in both directions. Traffic from Riverside now waits uphill for no particular reason.

I have lived near Lee for nearly 38 years and now have to go around Boulder park to 18th to avoid a suburban style traffic jam at rush hour. We had hoped to see the old Louisiane torn down and a nice shopping area added from there southward where it belongs. Really dumb to ignore existing vacant land to increase traffic and diminish the 'hood. But we seem to do a lot of that.

onward...through the fog
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 12:11:33 pm »

Where did you see this, on the TMAPC agenda or is there a sign up for the zoning change?  The neighborhood should fight this.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 12:18:02 pm »

Sign just popped up in front of the property this week. Hard to see. I jog past it. Hearing on June 5 iirc.

Its not part of Maple Ridge but they should certainly be involved.

onward...through the fog
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 12:27:41 pm »

Sign just popped up in front of the property this week. Hard to see. I jog past it. Hearing on June 5 iirc.

Its not part of Maple Ridge but they should certainly be involved.

Out of town all week, if you could post any more details I'll relay to those I know living in Maple Ridge.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 12:41:56 pm »

Out of town all week, if you could post any more details I'll relay to those I know living in Maple Ridge.
Thanks. It's Wednesday June 4th.

onward...through the fog
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 02:24:50 pm »

I just checked the TMAPC website, it looks like this is the northwest corner of 21st & Boston not the red-tile roof apartments across the street.  I'd be interested in what retail is planned, and their site plan.  It could be okay if it fronts 21st and Boston, or if a restaurant, has outdoor seating facing the park with parking to the north.

davideinstein
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 02:55:20 pm »

Its bad enough the city added a new traffic light at 21st and the Pedestrian path that was unnecessary and causes traffic to back up twice in a one block space.

Have you ever tried crossing that path during peak hours? I would assume not. I ran that trail for years and it was awful to cross.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 02:56:01 pm »

Have you ever tried crossing that path during peak hours? I would assume not. I ran that trail for years and it was awful to cross.

Good for raising the heart rate?
davideinstein
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 02:56:49 pm »

Good for raising the heart rate?

Pretty much.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 03:00:03 pm »

I just checked the TMAPC website, it looks like this is the northwest corner of 21st & Boston not the red-tile roof apartments across the street.  I'd be interested in what retail is planned, and their site plan.  It could be okay if it fronts 21st and Boston, or if a restaurant, has outdoor seating facing the park with parking to the north.
Gosh I hope you're right. The sign is in front of the apartments.I agree that location would be better.

onward...through the fog
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 03:03:12 pm »

About three times per week. I didn't mind the pedestrian actuated lights for those with strollers or kids but the automatic interval traffic light is overkill and counter productive.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 03:10:49 pm »

About three times per week. I didn't mind the pedestrian actuated lights for those with strollers or kids but the automatic interval traffic light is overkill and counter productive.

The light seems redundantly redundant.  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 03:18:36 pm »

Abundantly so.

onward...through the fog
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 03:39:06 pm »

That would make more sense.  There is a small building there that has been some different things but nothing noteworthy that I can tell as far as architecture or history.  I think it'd be nice for a restaurant there with a patio view of Veterans Park. 

Also, I run the trail quite often and I like the light.  I drive by there a lot and rarely have experienced a backup of traffic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org