A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:44:13 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thai Cuisine  (Read 7561 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: May 24, 2014, 12:29:05 pm »

Thai Cuisine (formerly Thai Siam) has new owners who've remodeled the space and simplified the menu. They're serving Thai, Chinese, and Vietnamese food, and they're in the process of adding a Korean grill in the back dining room.

I stopped there for lunch, curious about the new look, and I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. They offer a half-portion for lunch accompanied by a spring roll. I had fried dumplings as an appetizer and Pad Thai for the main course. It was moderately spiced with enough sauce to coat the rice noodles without drowning them. Half the plate held plain white rice also. It was certainly enough food for my lunch, but being a greedy old man, I wanted more, of course.

Location(s) Being Reviewed:
Date/Time of Visit: 11AM Saturday, 24MAY2014
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 3 (the menu is simplified from the previous one) 
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 5 (faint odor of fresh paint, to be expected)
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $$
What makes this restaurant unique: Good food, though I can't speak to it's authenticity. Fine service.

Website with link to menu:

http://www.thaicuisinetulsa.com/#!about/c42f

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 05:19:57 pm »

I thought I read somewhere that these were the children of the original Thai Siam folk.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 06:48:23 pm »

I seem to recall that Paul's daughter opened the Thai Kitchen, but I could be wrong.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 07:39:15 am »

I seem to recall that Paul's daughter opened the Thai Kitchen, but I could be wrong.

I think hers is called My Thai?  It’s over by Akins at 31st & Harvard.  Angie B knows for sure.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 08:07:31 am »

I think hers is called My Thai?  It’s over by Akins at 31st & Harvard.  Angie B knows for sure.

Yes, daughter of original Thai Siam owners opened up My Thai Kitchen. They work there with her. Tiny place, but so, so good. I have to go with girlfriends at lunch because my DH doesn't like "eating in a closet". LOL

Had lunch there Friday as a matter of fact!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 02:46:12 pm »

Yes, daughter of original Thai Siam owners opened up My Thai Kitchen. They work there with her. Tiny place, but so, so good. I have to go with girlfriends at lunch because my DH doesn't like "eating in a closet". LOL

Had lunch there Friday as a matter of fact!

That is a tiny space.  We’ve eaten there once.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 07:13:31 am »

Sure would be nice to have good Thai restaurant in downtown.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 07:20:32 am »

Sure would be nice to have good Thai restaurant in downtown.

How about a Thai place with a great cocktail bar: Thai Wan Anh

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org