A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:59:22 pm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bengazi!!!  (Read 92608 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2015, 10:24:27 pm »

And you don't find it disturbing that he wasn't?  For doing as much if not more??

Instead, he was rewarded, wasn't he...?
Goes to the same intellectual dishonesty so often manifest in the right wing extremists.

And don't worry about any "apparent" bias on my behalf toward the right wing - I'm getting wound up to go after Blobama again over his latest attempts at co-opting the US Constitution through his 'running dogs' in the BATF.  Just waiting to see if this "do nothing" Republican congress has the co-jones to actually do something about the overreach and power grabbing by the BATF.  So far, they have failed...as expected.  But we will see, won't we?

Please don't tell me you're speaking of the proposed ban on certain armor-piercing 5.56mm/.223 ammo...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2015, 10:07:29 am »

Please don't tell me you're speaking of the proposed ban on certain armor-piercing 5.56mm/.223 ammo...

Why, yes!  That is it exactly!  How good of you to bring it up!!!  Shall we get started.....

Specifically, the green tipped cartridge made by Federal Cartridge (company, not government).  And probably others, but this is the one I know a little about and have used.  This round has been procured by the US military since probably the late 80's - one specific intended target during the 90's was the enemy in Afghanistan and Iraq who wore so called "body armor" - they wanted it to be "armor piercing" with the addition of a small steel sabot insert into the bullet.  Turns out, it wasn't - didn't penetrate the body armor well enough to be called armor piercing, but the nomenclature has stuck and now we see great wailing, moaning, and gnashing of teeth over a really non-event.  But from the opposite side one normally associates with whiners of this type - hint; not the RWRE!

It does make a really good target round, though, and the brass can be easily reloaded to a hunting round if desired.  Since the Fed's (govt, not company) finally have exhausted all ideas and the requisite decade or so to make a decision had elapsed, they stopped buying from Federal (company), leaving an apparent stock of at least hundreds of millions of rounds that have been sold for the last 8 - 10 years or so as near as I can tell - the first ones I saw were probably 6 - 8 years ago.  Great for plinking!!  But for hunting or defense, I definitely would not be interested - wildly inadequate for either/both.

That is what the LWRE's are whining about today...

Oh, and complaining that it can be used as a pistol round...  Ok... So??  An idiot would use it in a pistol.  Someone serious about a pistol would use a .40 or .45.

The reality is, for overall military use, the M-16 - and the AR-15 platform with .223/5.56 in general is marginal as a war weapon.  Yeah, I know...we have killed lots of people with them over the decades, so yes, they are deadly.  Good for us.

The AR-10 platform, in particular the .308/7.62 x 51 NATO round is much better overall, all time, all temperature, all environments.  It is even a better round that used in the weapon of our enemy - the AK-47, 7.62 x 39.  I have heard of AK's being fitted to 7.62 NATO, and THAT would be the best of all possible worlds - both for warfare AND for hunting!!  Someday when I get rich, I may buy one!

In the meantime, the M1A  MA9106 with black composite stock is really nice!!  It's on my Christmas wish list!  The kids just can't quite get it together yet....

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/standard-m1a/

Now accepting Comments, questions, inquiries, cash, coin, stamps, and negotiable securities....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2015, 12:59:48 pm »

Really? You think using a personal e-mail account is the deal-breaker?
You don't think that every Senator, Congressman, Governor, etc. doesn't have a private gmail, yahoo account and sometimes uses it?
You guys are gasping at straws. Create all the outrage you want. Dress like Sean Hannity for all I care.
Yes. Using a personal e-mail CAN be a way to hide conversations. But if you release them, what are you hiding?

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/aw30vw/dirty-rodham-scandal

The short version for those who dont have the time (for facts):
http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/0nhhwt/moment-of-zen---wow

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2015, 02:57:38 pm »

You wanna know how bad this email controversy really is? I mean, with all due respect to Jon Stewart and those that complain incessantly about abusive government authority (except when they do not).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DCwmYHr-_M[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2015, 03:12:20 pm »

I don't have access to this sort of information, but I bet there are a bunch of email addresses set up like this for people who have power that wish to remain in power.

It's not like these folks give a rat fart about whether we see what they are doing or not.

Conservative/Liberal/Moderate...they will have secrets they will refuse to share.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2015, 03:25:39 pm »

Really? You think using a personal e-mail account is the deal-breaker?
You don't think that every Senator, Congressman, Governor, etc. doesn't have a private gmail, yahoo account and sometimes uses it?
You guys are gasping at straws. Create all the outrage you want. Dress like Sean Hannity for all I care.
Yes. Using a personal e-mail CAN be a way to hide conversations. But if you release them, what are you hiding?

Yeah, but it still looks bad.  I'm obviously not a Hillary basher, but I can't understand how they let this happen.  Even if she chose to use a personal account for connectivity or ease (and the security issues could be worked out), it's still not a hard thing to auto-copy those over to the official server.

Having said that, I also don't get how no one immediately (when they reviewed the other official emails) saw that she must have an external account?  I have both personal and work emails set up on my PC and phone.  Occasionally, on purpose or by accident, I mix the emails.  But it's obvious where my email came from. (i.e., if I send to a work recipient - who is on a work server - my personal account is stamped on the inbound message, and vice-versa.) So the only way these emails would have been "secret" is if they were between her and another person who was also not on the official govt email system.  Given that the vast majority of her emails would have been to other govt officials, all of those emails should already be in the released set.  Of course it's possible there is some huge plan to cover this all up, but my understanding is that this was a gmail account she was using, so again I can't believe that she/they did this with an honest attempt to cover up anything.  

Although, again, given the stupidity of this whole debacle, anything is possible.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2015, 04:11:26 pm »

Why now?

What I read said the emails were requested and delivered in 2014...it has been a done deal for at least 3 months or so.  And maybe longer?

Oh, yeah...for the SAME reason it's valid for us to question Baby Bush lousy record as "Liar in Chief" !!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2015, 04:15:53 pm »

I don't have access to this sort of information, but I bet there are a bunch of email addresses set up like this for people who have power that wish to remain in power.

It's not like these folks give a rat fart about whether we see what they are doing or not.

Conservative/Liberal/Moderate...they will have secrets they will refuse to share.

Got no problem with that point, but if you start b!tching about one side doing it, then you do it yourself, then there is the problem. That's what is it at issue--I mean apart from Hillary's "what difference does it make". Or this could just be another vast right wing conspiracy [sir Edmund] Hillary has complained about. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:18:06 pm by guido911 » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2015, 05:15:28 pm »

Well, if you want to get really picky, Colin Powell did pretty much the same thing.  No one's busting his chops for it.  Yet.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/secretary-of-state-colin-powell-also-used-personal-email-account/

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2015, 05:50:34 pm »

Well, if you want to get really picky, Colin Powell did pretty much the same thing.  No one's busting his chops for it.  Yet.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/secretary-of-state-colin-powell-also-used-personal-email-account/

True, but Clinton was using a personal email server that was in her residence, not Yahoo or GMail,  meaning one of the Clinton Foundation employees was in charge of the archiving and service.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2015, 06:30:53 pm »

True, but Clinton was using a personal email server that was in her residence, not Yahoo or GMail,  meaning one of the Clinton Foundation employees was in charge of the archiving and service.
Just stop it. Since Powell did something similar, whatever Hillary did is a-okay. Even when she was screeching about how gawd-awful baby Bush's secret emails were, the fact she did the same or worse is just not newsworthy.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2015, 06:54:54 pm »

Oh, yeah...for the SAME reason it's valid for us to question Baby Bush lousy record as "Liar in Chief" !!

Bwahahaha....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vACQP8IBqH4[/youtube]

The "why now" is that I thought this was learned during the Benghazi investigation.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2015, 08:14:57 pm »

Bwahahaha....

The "why now" is that I thought this was learned during the Benghazi investigation.

And as has been noted repeatedly in the last several days....nothing illegal happened and even the timing issues were pretty mundane.  How many did Baby Bush deliver when asked?

It's all about perspective again.  And how low the bar was set for improper behaviour by the previous regime.  The RWRE is frothing at the mouth over pretty much a non-event.  It was even a non-event when Hillary mentioned it in the previous video about Bush - and she understood the relative importance - not very - by the position in the list quoted.  Note how the official "The Script" analysis skips right over those two things!

Secret wiretaps
Secret tribunals
Extraordinary rendition
Torture
Lying to justify fake war - killing thousands of our kids and costing trillions, held off budget so no one knew the true scope.

Yeah...it's emails Hillary and Colin waited until asked for that are the most important things....

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2015, 11:22:26 pm »

Hillary using a personal e-mail was not against the law. President Obama signed an executive order last year making it so, but Hillary had left the job as Secretary of State a year before. Hoss points out that Colin Powell did the same thing. No one said a word.

Bottom line is that Hillary has had a lifetime of republicans taking shots at her on everything she has ever done. If you believe that this is the first time that she has been asked by the media to produce e-mails, you are as naive as sauerkraut.

It is easy to suggest that the reason she did this was to hide from scrutiny. She was asked to provide these e-mails and complied. Now the government has these e-mails and the public has a right to see them. She is correct to demand they be released.

If guido911 is upset and thinks that she is hiding something but then is supporting the government hiding them as well, then he is a hypocrite.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2015, 11:38:41 pm »

Hillary using a personal e-mail was not against the law. President Obama signed an executive order last year making it so, but Hillary had left the job as Secretary of State a year before. Hoss points out that Colin Powell did the same thing. No one said a word.

Bottom line is that Hillary has had a lifetime of republicans taking shots at her on everything she has ever done. If you believe that this is the first time that she has been asked by the media to produce e-mails, you are as naive as sauerkraut.

It is easy to suggest that the reason she did this was to hide from scrutiny. She was asked to provide these e-mails and complied. Now the government has these e-mails and the public has a right to see them. She is correct to demand they be released.

If guido911 is upset and thinks that she is hiding something but then is supporting the government hiding them as well, then he is a hypocrite.

Maybe Guido is hoping Hilary is concealing nude photos of herself and they will be revealed with a new email dump?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org