A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:46:34 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is Bad  (Read 46216 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2014, 07:49:53 am »

The Hello Kitty motif is a nice touch.  Very humane.

Love the trundle bed so they can do a twofer.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2014, 02:23:46 pm »

The Hello Kitty motif is a nice touch.  Very humane.

Love the trundle bed so they can do a twofer.

Why not just get rid of lethal injection, gas chambers and anything else that is not 100% idiot-proof.

We should institute the VACUUM CHAMBER! 
100% effective
No environmental hazards
No expensive drugs
No need for windows
No vital sign monitoring equipment required
Soundproof (sound does not travel in a vacuum)
Low carbon footprint (Can run on stored solar or wind power Cheesy)
Easy cleanup with a hose and mop

Conan, I believe your company could respond to such an RFP with some minor retooling.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2014, 02:49:35 pm »

Why not just get rid of lethal injection, gas chambers and anything else that is not 100% idiot-proof.

We should institute the VACUUM CHAMBER! 
100% effective
No environmental hazards
No expensive drugs
No need for windows
No vital sign monitoring equipment required
Soundproof (sound does not travel in a vacuum)
Low carbon footprint (Can run on stored solar or wind power Cheesy)
Easy cleanup with a hose and mop

Conan, I believe your company could respond to such an RFP with some minor retooling.

Yes, why yes we could!  Pressure vessel is a pressure vessel.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2014, 04:22:37 pm »

Can you make that with the Hello Kitty upholstery inside?  Easy clean vinyl, of course....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2014, 01:14:00 pm »

Although the news is reporting the execution was "botched", which is disputable since the inmate died and there was apparent (and common) IV infiltrate, this could be a signal for the end of the death penalty as we know it.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state/execution-botched-before-inmate-dies-of-heart-attack-second-execution/article_80cc060a-cff2-11e3-967c-0017a43b2370.html

The death penalty could end anytime killers stop killing innocent people. If you don't kill there is no death penalty. People don't get on death row for being boy scouts and helping old ladies across the street. I think of the victims not the cold blooded killers. I'm no fan of injection it's slow & becoming problematic - but it's still better than having no death penalty.  I would favor replacing injection with a firing squad or hanging, faster and painless. With hanging the rope can used over and over. If it's not allowed in Oklahoma the law in Oklahoma needs to be changed to allow it. I understand the state of TN now allows firing squad.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2014, 06:58:02 pm »

A federal lawsuit to be filed Tuesday by the family of Clayton Lockett identifies a McAlester physician as the doctor who carried out the execution, records show.

The lawsuit by relatives of Lockett names Johnny Zellmer, a McAlester emergency room physician, as the doctor who carried out Lockett’s botched April 29 execution.

A state investigation into Lockett’s 43-minute execution concluded that a failed IV line was largely responsible for the problems. The investigation also cited a lack of training among participants in the execution.

The doctor that night was filling in for another physician who normally oversees executions at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/lawsuit-names-mcalester-er-physician-as-execution-doctor/article_7615331d-76b5-59ae-a700-f69a6bae6699.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2014, 07:32:36 pm »

I wonder if Stephanie Nieman’s family sued Lockett over her botched and painful execution.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2014, 10:20:39 pm »

I wonder if Stephanie Nieman’s family sued Lockett over her botched and painful execution.

Hopefully, when "the government is exercising its greatest authority" it is doing so while being held to a higher standard than that of a common thug.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2014, 08:57:54 am »

Hopefully, when "the government is exercising its greatest authority" it is doing so while being held to a higher standard than that of a common thug.

Government (all agencies, departments, bureaucracies, and individuals) have a set hierarchy of purpose that does not change.
1. Self preservation & insulation from public/political/market forces
2. Expansion

Any "standard" would come tertiary to these foundational principals, and would be subject to them.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2021, 03:00:43 pm »

Doctors question sedative dose used in Oklahoma execution

While medical experts say it’s unclear why an Oklahoma inmate began convulsing and vomiting after the first of three drugs used to execute him was administered, all agree the dosage was massive compared with what’s standard in surgeries — with one doctor calling it “insane.”

“It’s just an insane dose and there’s probably no data on what that could cause,” said Jonathan Groner, an Ohio State University medical school surgery professor and lethal injection expert.
“There’s a reason these drugs are given by anesthesiologists and not prison guards,” he said.

The state almost surely will face new lawsuits over its execution protocols, said Robert Denham, executive director of the Death Penalty Information Center, a capital punishment clearing house that opposes the death penalty. The Corrections Department’s statement indicating that the execution wasn’t botched could provide proof of the protocols’ unconstitutionality, said Denham.

“Either they lied to the public and they can’t be trusted or they told the truth and the protocol can’t be trusted,” Denham said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/doctors-question-sedative-dose-used-oklahoma-execution-n1282765

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org