A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:24:52 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is Bad  (Read 46668 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: April 30, 2014, 12:48:52 am »

Although the news is reporting the execution was "botched", which is disputable since the inmate died and there was apparent (and common) IV infiltrate, this could be a signal for the end of the death penalty as we know it.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state/execution-botched-before-inmate-dies-of-heart-attack-second-execution/article_80cc060a-cff2-11e3-967c-0017a43b2370.html

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:47:36 am »

What's bad is that his death ended up being hyper political.  He said the drugs being used may not be the correct cocktail to lead to a human death.  He said the cocktail mail result in cruel and unusual punishment.

IMHO, that was never actually reviewed.  The political decision wasade to move forward as fast as possible. A "double execution tonight only!" was scheduled to grab media attention.  We look like blood thirsty revenge driven idiots who cant even execute our own citizens properly.

Maybe it wasn't the drugs, but I've never seen an animal being put to sleep react as described here.  Something went wrong. The State of Oklahoma had absolute control.  Ergo... the State seriously f#¢ked up.

Suppose the next guy gets to review that cocktail now?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:25:41 am »

If you can't do something right, don't do it.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:55:09 am »

What's bad is that his death ended up being hyper political.  He said the drugs being used may not be the correct cocktail to lead to a human death.  He said the cocktail mail result in cruel and unusual punishment.

IMHO, that was never actually reviewed.  The political decision wasade to move forward as fast as possible. A "double execution tonight only!" was scheduled to grab media attention.  We look like blood thirsty revenge driven idiots who cant even execute our own citizens properly.

Maybe it wasn't the drugs, but I've never seen an animal being put to sleep react as described here.  Something went wrong. The State of Oklahoma had absolute control.  Ergo... the State seriously f#¢ked up.

Suppose the next guy gets to review that cocktail now?

We know we belong to the land (yo-ho)
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say
Yeeow! Aye-yip-aye-yo-ee-ay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma O.K.!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:13:19 am »

Yet again MY state is all over the national media, headline story in the news cycle.  And yet again, it isn't for something good.  This story is international.

A personal disaster for some, massive PR disaster for Oklahoma.  Is THIS good for business? Tourism?

Idiots.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 07:23:29 am »

I wonder how the impeachment of the Oklahoma Supreme Court justices that tried to stop this from happening is going to work now.  Hey Rep Mike Christian, who’s showing “incompetence” and “personal bias” now?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 07:29:15 am »

And yet, the LWRE is once again glossing over the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT part of this case.... not even glossing over, but ignoring it completely!  Would one suppose that maybe Stephanie would have had just a little bit of  "breathing heavily, writhing, clenching his (her) teeth and straining to lift his (her) head off the pillow (dirt being piled around her head to suffocate her"  ??  I bet it was MUCH more - and went on for a much longer time!!  Oh, yeah

"A four-time felon, Lockett was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Neiman and watching as two accomplices buried her alive in rural Kay County in 1999. Neiman and a friend had interrupted the men as they robbed a home."

Yep, it's a really bad PR thing for this state - as I have noted repeatedly, we have our idiots we keep electing running things.  BUT the LWRE response to this is just as bad as the "birthers" nonsense about a birth certificate!!

And as for Warner - well anyone who would rape and murder an 11 month old is not human!  And deserves NO human considerations!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 07:29:26 am »

The BS began to flow almost immediately... "bad vein" (there were IVs in each arm) and any candystriper can see if you have a bad venipuncture.
They used him as a Guinea pig for new drugs, and hid behind secrecy.  Here are the results.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 07:49:56 am »

Heir:

Is ANYONE arguing that the sentence was unfair?  Is anyone arguing that he did not commit a horrible crime?  No. 

But the fact is we are better than he is.  Criminals torture people to death on dispicable ways.  Going back to the founding of our country, those condemned to die by the power of the State were executed in as "clean" a manner as was practicle.  Nazis. Saddam Hussein. Arnold west outlaws.

When We the People decide to kill a fellow citizen, we are doing it because we are better than them.  The fact that the condemned is a bad person should be a given.  That does NOT enable us to emulate his behavior, rather it requires us to set ourselves apart.

But not to worry.  These ones are sub human.  As history as taught us, I this perfectly fine to brand some things sub human.  Never leads to a problem.

He was sentenced to die for his crimes.  He has died.  He served his sentence.

I guess in that light, a successful execution,

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 08:03:59 am »

And yet, the LWRE is once again glossing over the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT part of this case.... not even glossing over, but ignoring it completely!  Would one suppose that maybe Stephanie would have had just a little bit of  "breathing heavily, writhing, clenching his (her) teeth and straining to lift his (her) head off the pillow (dirt being piled around her head to suffocate her"  ??  I bet it was MUCH more - and went on for a much longer time!!  Oh, yeah

"A four-time felon, Lockett was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Neiman and watching as two accomplices buried her alive in rural Kay County in 1999. Neiman and a friend had interrupted the men as they robbed a home."

Yep, it's a really bad PR thing for this state - as I have noted repeatedly, we have our idiots we keep electing running things.  BUT the LWRE response to this is just as bad as the "birthers" nonsense about a birth certificate!!

And as for Warner - well anyone who would rape and murder an 11 month old is not human!  And deserves NO human considerations!

It’s not about the crime. I am anti death penalty, but not because I don’t think that there are people that deserve to die, there certainly are. But because I think locking someone up forever is the greater punishment, the death penalty is a very poor crime deterrent, it costs less to lock them up than to put them to death, and because mistakes are made by the courts. A report came out this week that said that as many as 5% of death row inmates are innocent. We can’t undo killing someone.

Most of all, short of unavoidable war to protect people, I don’t want our government to take part in the barbaric practice of killing people for the sport of revenge. I certainly don’t want the government to be torturing people as pay back for crimes. Even if this guy was a monster, and it certainly sounds like he was, do we as a people have to descend to his barbaric level? What does it say about the mouth breathing posters on the World site that so many are happy this happened?

I don’t know if it’s small penis syndrome or what, but this obsession we have in general with guns and killing and our bloodlust for criminals is more than a little sick.

Do you think that just maybe a bloodthirsty society breads bloodthirsty criminals?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:06:38 am by swake » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 08:17:26 am »

Heir:

Is ANYONE arguing that the sentence was unfair?  Is anyone arguing that he did not commit a horrible crime?  No. 

But the fact is we are better than he is.  Criminals torture people to death on dispicable ways.  Going back to the founding of our country, those condemned to die by the power of the State were executed in as "clean" a manner as was practicle.  Nazis. Saddam Hussein. Arnold west outlaws.

When We the People decide to kill a fellow citizen, we are doing it because we are better than them.  The fact that the condemned is a bad person should be a given.  That does NOT enable us to emulate his behavior, rather it requires us to set ourselves apart.

But not to worry.  These ones are sub human.  As history as taught us, I this perfectly fine to brand some things sub human.  Never leads to a problem.

He was sentenced to die for his crimes.  He has died.  He served his sentence.

I guess in that light, a successful execution,

A head shot would have been cleaner, but we are foolish to continue to think that capital punishment is some sort of deterrent or “justice".  It’s an archaic way of meting out punishment and terribly expensive from the time the prisoner enters death row vs. general population or solitary.  For the worst in society like Clayton Locket, lock them up in solitary for the rest of their miserable life.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 08:33:46 am »

Florida uses Midazolam in their executions but they administer 500 milligrams. Oklahoma used 100 milligrams instead.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 08:55:34 am »

Yet again MY state is all over the national media, headline story in the news cycle.  And yet again, it isn't for something good.  This story is international.

A personal disaster for some, massive PR disaster for Oklahoma.  Is THIS good for business? Tourism?

Idiots.

Flordia is still tops for idiots in the news department
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 09:13:45 am »

Still.....ironic. It took 45 minutes for him to die.

I saw the Yahoo article that described over 300 death row inmates over the last few years that had been found innocent. Unacceptable. Even for the Murrah murderer.

onward...through the fog
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 09:55:49 am »

Still.....ironic. It took 45 minutes for him to die.

I saw the Yahoo article that described over 300 death row inmates over the last few years that had been found innocent. Unacceptable. Even for the Murrah murderer.

Timothy Mcveigh practically begged to be executed. And look how long it took for that to happen.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org