A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:21:35 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Restaurants in the World  (Read 17106 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: April 28, 2014, 05:13:41 pm »

Here's the list, and NO, Del Taco didn't make the cut.

http://www.theworlds50best.com/list/1-50-winners

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 05:32:19 pm »

No Del Taco...!!!???  Well, we can tell that's not serious!

Is there a DT in Tulsa?  Found the new one in Moore a few weeks ago...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:54:57 pm »

Del Taco what is that?  Never heard of it. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 10:21:40 pm »

Del Taco what is that?  Never heard of it.  

I'm going to pretend you didn't mean that. Here's a pic of what I know should be world class food art. I give you, the Macho Combo in all its glory:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:04:26 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 07:04:53 am »

I used to go to the Del Taco in Kansas City. They have the greatest value menu in the world.

The mini bacon quesadillas are only 75 cents and the tostadas and chicken tacos sell for $1. A full lunch for only $2.50!

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 07:46:37 am »

Momofuku?  Shocked

Do the chefs have to be eccentric-looking to make the list?  Lots of crazy eyes on there.

I’m not putting much credence in this list, especially since Village Inn didn’t make it. I mean really...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 10:46:44 am »

Have you tried the strawberry rhubarb pie from Village Inn? Yummy.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 03:27:14 pm »

Del Taco what is that?  Never heard of it. 

Ya gotta get out more!!!  It's a chain like Bell and Bueno only noticeably better food than either.  Their sauces taste a LOT like Taco Bell, though, so maybe someone told someone something somewhere along the line....  Most of them I have run across have been in the west - Las Wages, Los Angeles,  I think I ate at one in San Diego but so long ago, I may be mistaken.  Nothing particularly special about them other than I hear occasional references on TV shows.  I think Hollywood/TV stars must like them in LA area....

I ate at the one in Moore just about 3 hours ago.  Value Taco and Crunchtada Tostada, 'cause I wasn't very hungry - just a quick 'drive-by' lunch.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 03:27:41 pm »

Have you tried the strawberry rhubarb pie from Village Inn? Yummy.

Long time ago...so I guess it's still pretty good, then??

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org