A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:49:37 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gray Snail / Slow Duck Space Leased!  (Read 2412 times)
Susansooner
Citizen

« on: March 13, 2017, 08:36:36 am »

Heard great news that the owner of Kilkenny's leased the old Gray Snail / Slow Duck space and is going to do a New Orleans themed restaurant. He is bringing back some of the old Bourbon Street crew. They are going to gut it and build out the patio space as well. I think they will do great!
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 05:51:05 pm »

I know where some of the Bourbon Street recipes are.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 09:43:33 pm »

I know where some of the Bourbon Street recipes are.....

How about their bread pudding recipe?  I don’t usually do dessert, but that is one I always made an exception for.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 07:20:17 am »

How about their bread pudding recipe?  I don’t usually do dessert, but that is one I always made an exception for.

I will see if I can find it.....May not have that one....

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 07:25:37 am »

How about their bread pudding recipe?  I don’t usually do dessert, but that is one I always made an exception for.

Try this one....got it from a guy I work with from Breaux Bridge, LA. He says the original recipe was his Grandmothers, his Dad took it and tweaked it a bit until arriving at this version:

Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
Servings: 10

INGREDIENTS:

1 - 16 ounce loaf stale French bread
1 cup golden raisins
5 cups milk
6 eggs, beaten
1 stick melted unsalted butter
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar

DIRECTIONS:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes, place in large bowl, cover with towel and let sit on counter    overnight.
3.  Use a couple of tablespoons of the melted butter to grease a 9" x 14" baking dish
4.  In a separate bowl, whisk together beaten eggs then whisk in milk, vanilla, raisins, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt
5.  Place bread in mixing bowl and cover with milk mixture, letting soak for 20 minutes
6.  Stir bread mixture so that all bread is soaked
7.  Pour into the buttered baking dish and drizzle with remaining melted butter.
8.  bake for 45 minutes or until browned on top and set in center
9.  Remove from heat and let sit 20 minutes.

Serve with Bourbon Whiskey Sauce (recipe follows)

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
3 tablespoons Jack Daniels (I use Woodford Reserve Bourbon and find it works better. Don't try Maker's Mark, I find that the sweetness of the wheat in it throws the taste off/makes the sauce too sweet)

Cream butter and sugar.  Add vanilla.  Slowly stir in 1 egg.  Heat over low heat, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.  Remove from heat and add whiskey.  Serve warm over bread pudding.

I normally make it every Christmas and it never fails to get rave reviews.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 07:31:44 am by Ibanez » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org