A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:09:31 pm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solar and Wind Power Fees for Oklahomans  (Read 57973 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2014, 02:11:08 pm »

For you engineers out there, that was tongue in cheek. For the rest of us OMG! Why didn't I think of that!

onward...through the fog
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2014, 02:38:49 pm »

We can also put turbines on the toilets pipes of high rise buildings so when you flush it produces a little bit of energy.  
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:42:31 pm by CharlieSheen » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2014, 03:19:04 pm »

We can also put turbines on the toilets pipes of high rise buildings so when you flush it produces a little bit of energy.  

What if you got a real donkey-choker through there?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2014, 12:49:35 pm »

15%

But don't worry, waves your arms enough and eventually you'll be right.

So, YOUR company is at 15% wind generation, but you are arguing essentially that it is a non-viable approach.... sounds like someone is not acting the good "company" man....

Then the question arises, why would you stay with a company with which you have such a fundamental philosophical difference??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2014, 01:09:31 pm »

Or something..

I was all ready to complain about you deliberately misreading what has been written here, but then I saw this. You do get it after all. Or something, indeed.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2014, 01:21:38 pm »

Oklahoma has a 15% renewable energy "goal".  Other states have requiements for wind energy but ours is just a goal.
http://dsireusa.org/incentives/incentive.cfm?Incentive_Code=OK05R&re=0&ee=0
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2014, 02:42:18 pm »

Oklahoma has a 15% renewable energy "goal".  Other states have requiements for wind energy but ours is just a goal.
http://dsireusa.org/incentives/incentive.cfm?Incentive_Code=OK05R&re=0&ee=0

Good goal if they wouldn't have added all the "weasel words"....  in particular, "Energy efficiency may be used to meet up to 25% of the overall 15% renewable energy goal."

Neutered by 25% before it's even started.  But hey, 75% of 15% is better than I would have expected.  We can, and SHOULD do better!!  Even TX, the reddest of the red, besides us, has figured that one out.  Must be that whole Austin Weirding thing they got going on....

And what about the comment that the goal does not extend beyond 2015?  Does that mean they will go ahead and tear it all back down and give up??  Kind of like the Reagan White House did within 2 weeks of inauguration - solar removal?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2014, 02:44:25 pm »

Well the whole thing was "weasel words" because it wasn't binding in any way. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2014, 03:14:43 pm »

Well the whole thing was "weasel words" because it wasn't binding in any way.  

Yeah, but if you can at least get them to talk about it, and never take your eyes off them for a second, and never tire of the fight, it may happen sometime.  We already have wind farms.  Bergey seems to be very busy building "home" sized units.  There is a lot going on, just at a scale that most people here would never see.

There is hope....don't let the bass turds get you down....

And that whole Colonel Sanders thing is really freaky.... I like it!!

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2014, 08:31:48 pm »

So, YOUR company is at 15% wind generation, but you are arguing essentially that it is a non-viable approach.... sounds like someone is not acting the good "company" man....

Then the question arises, why would you stay with a company with which you have such a fundamental philosophical difference??

Never said it was non-viable as an energy source, just said it is not a replacement for base load generation in terms of grid reliability.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2014, 10:34:56 pm »

Never said it was non-viable as an energy source, just said it is not a replacement for base load generation in terms of grid reliability.

In that same sense, natural gas is not a replacement for coal, and coal is not a replacement for gas, and nuke is not a replacement for either.  And oil,...well, neither is it.  We have never had one  as a total replacement for any at any time in our history - at least since they all became replacements for whale oil.

And most importantly, as I have said before, NO one except the RWRE trying to push their nonsensical agenda of lies, dissemination, and dissipation have ever advanced the idea of wind or solar as "replacements" for base load generation.  These two are adding to the entire package of energy independence, in exactly the same manner as oil, gas, and coal started that process in the early 1800's.  But we have forgotten that as a society due to our complete lack of knowledge or sense of history!

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2014, 11:04:40 pm »

From the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE)

Net metering has been available in Oklahoma since 1988 under Oklahoma Corporation Commission (OCC) Order 326195. The OCC's rules require investor-owned utilities and electric cooperatives under the commission's jurisdiction* to file net-metering tariffs for customer-owned renewable-energy systems and combined-heat-and-power (CHP) facilities up to 100 kilowatts (kW) in capacity. Net metering is available to all customer classes. There is no limit on the amount of aggregate net-metered capacity.

Utilities are not allowed to impose extra charges for customers signed up for net metering, nor are they allowed to require new liability insurance as a condition for interconnection. Utilities are also not required to purchase net excess generation (NEG) from customers. However, a customer may request that the utility purchase NEG. If the utility agrees, then NEG will be purchased at the utility's avoided-cost rate.
O.A.C. § 165:40-9

State:    Oklahoma
Incentive Type: Net Metering
Eligible Renewable/Other Technologies:    Solar Thermal Electric, Photovoltaics, Wind, Biomass, Hydroelectric, Geothermal Electric, Municipal Solid Waste, CHP/Cogeneration, Small Hydroelectric
Applicable Sectors:    Commercial, Industrial, Residential, General Public/Consumer, Schools, Local Government, State Government, Fed. Government
Applicable Utilities:   Investor-owned utilities, regulated electric cooperatives
System Capacity Limit:   100 kW or 25,000 kWh/year (whichever is less)
Aggregate Capacity Limit:   No limit specified
Net Excess Generation:   Credited to customer's next bill or granted to utility monthly (varies by utility)
REC Ownership:   Not addressed
Meter Aggregation:   Not addressed

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2014, 08:22:17 am »

From the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE)

Net metering has been available in Oklahoma since 1988 under Oklahoma Corporation Commission (OCC) Order 326195. The OCC's rules require investor-owned utilities and electric cooperatives under the commission's jurisdiction* to file net-metering tariffs for customer-owned renewable-energy systems and combined-heat-and-power (CHP) facilities up to 100 kilowatts (kW) in capacity. Net metering is available to all customer classes. There is no limit on the amount of aggregate net-metered capacity.

Utilities are not allowed to impose extra charges for customers signed up for net metering, nor are they allowed to require new liability insurance as a condition for interconnection. Utilities are also not required to purchase net excess generation (NEG) from customers. However, a customer may request that the utility purchase NEG. If the utility agrees, then NEG will be purchased at the utility's avoided-cost rate.
O.A.C. § 165:40-9

State:    Oklahoma
Incentive Type: Net Metering
Eligible Renewable/Other Technologies:    Solar Thermal Electric, Photovoltaics, Wind, Biomass, Hydroelectric, Geothermal Electric, Municipal Solid Waste, CHP/Cogeneration, Small Hydroelectric
Applicable Sectors:    Commercial, Industrial, Residential, General Public/Consumer, Schools, Local Government, State Government, Fed. Government
Applicable Utilities:   Investor-owned utilities, regulated electric cooperatives
System Capacity Limit:   100 kW or 25,000 kWh/year (whichever is less)
Aggregate Capacity Limit:   No limit specified
Net Excess Generation:   Credited to customer's next bill or granted to utility monthly (varies by utility)
REC Ownership:   Not addressed
Meter Aggregation:   Not addressed

Until now....

It might not be quite as bad if these clowns were just motivated by stupid - I could deal with that a lot better.  But this is much more nefarious - it is the ongoing, continuous "raping and pillaging" that Oklahoma politics indulges in always!  At least Chicago machine politics doesn't try to piss down my back and tell me it's raining - while hiding themselves behind the Cross at the same time!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:25:51 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2014, 09:45:59 am »

Cheer up- The Obama EPA just won it's case against Oklahoma power companies- expect out electric bills to go up 25%. I guess the EPA believes that C02 is a toxic polluting  gas. The power companies have to install scrubbers that cost half a billion dollars. Obama's policies really help the poor working class folks. C02 a toxic gas- indeed!

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2014, 09:57:43 am »

Just for you, rotting cabbage: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1083623/Two-French-wine-makers-suffocated-carbon-dioxide-fumes-grapes-treading.html

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org