A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:40:44 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My wife is running for City Council  (Read 12985 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 04:29:45 pm »

If you don't vote for my wife you would be anti-America.

If I do vote for her, I'll be arrested for voter fraud.  I don't live in your precinct.

Cheesy

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 04:40:23 pm »

A safe-for-work version of the theme song to Team America must be acquired for this campaign.

For anyone who doesn't know it and wants to (NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8

Second choice, 1970's Captain America:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzE4Hv6Z-yk
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 05:03:57 pm »

I'd likely be labeled as 'smart' if I don't.

Whether you are smart or not is irrelevant in this case.  The label of "smart" is not likely to be used regardless of your vote.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 05:14:00 pm »

Whether you are smart or not is irrelevant in this case.  The label of "smart" is not likely to be used regardless of your vote in any of Hoss's posts.

fixed that

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 05:40:56 pm »

fixed that

I am not presently in an antagonistic mode.

Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 06:10:14 pm »

fixed that

I see the internet stalker is afoot...got nothing better to do, counselor?  Maybe chase some ambulances?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 02:22:55 pm »

She did pretty well and got 45% of the vote. She beat the incumbent by 17% and now faces her in a two way race on November 4th.

Every other incumbent got at least 60% of the vote and Moore got 28%. That means that 72% of the voters want change.

Anna ran a clean race while her opponents did not. In particular was a smear video attacking her that used the name Obama three times in the first eighteen words. Clearly, the opponent was unable to tout their own qualifications.

Anna also tried to not have any illegal yard signs (but some volunteers did put out a dozen or so), while her opponents had hundreds of signs in the rights-of-ways.

The campaign well be back in full swing late this summer. If anybody wants to help out as a volunteer, please let me know.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 02:35:23 pm »

This was the cut-and-paste for every GOP campaign I saw or heard this year:

-Oponent is owned by Obama
-"I’m fighting (or will fight) to repeal Obamacare
-Keystone Pipeline
-“I’m the most deficit-cuttinist SOB you ever met”
-Pro-Life
-Pro-Gun
-Family man/woman

Of course none of that would be relevant to the corporation commission, city council, or insurance commissioner.  But hey, whatever it takes to get the minions out to vote.

And congratulations to Anna, I think she will be a credit to the city council.  I’d love to help out with the campaign.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 02:50:09 pm »

This was the cut-and-paste for every GOP campaign I saw or heard this year:

-Oponent is owned by Obama
-"I’m fighting (or will fight) to repeal Obamacare
-Keystone Pipeline
-“I’m the most deficit-cuttinist SOB you ever met”
-Pro-Life
-Pro-Gun
-Family man/woman

Of course none of that would be relevant to the corporation commission, city council, or insurance commissioner.  But hey, whatever it takes to get the minions out to vote.

And congratulations to Anna, I think she will be a credit to the city council.  I’d love to help out with the campaign.

I think someone should trademark the phrase "Lifelong member of the NRA", you could make good money licencing it to Republican candidates.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 02:54:33 pm »

I think someone should trademark the phrase "Lifelong member of the NRA", you could make good money licencing it to Republican candidates.

I think it is already....

Regards,
Lifetime Member of the NRA.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2014, 03:16:15 pm »

I think it is already....

Regards,
Lifetime Member of the NRA.

I'm pro 2A, but vehemently anti-NRA.  What a worthless organization it's become.  It's no more than a fundraising arm for gun manufacturers.  They don't give a squat about the regular gun owner.  If I were a lifetime member of them, I'd tear up my card and mail it back to them.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 05:55:45 pm »

I'm pro 2A, but vehemently anti-NRA.  What a worthless organization it's become.  It's no more than a fundraising arm for gun manufacturers.  They don't give a squat about the regular gun owner.  If I were a lifetime member of them, I'd tear up my card and mail it back to them.

Actually more a cheerleader section for gun manufacturers - the makers have been willing to concede more than the NRA.  When you get past the political arm (ILA), they are all about hunting, shooting sports, gun handling safety, and training for people from kids to adults.  I get American Rifleman for a while, and then when I get too tired of the politics, I switch over to American Hunter - excellent shooting sports magazine.  Still some editorial content but very much mostly about hunting!   I guess I could pay a little and get both....!!

And that shows the whole point about the mainstream media that the RWRE rants about - no matter what, they are gonna blast the NRA, just about like the RWRE blasts Obama and all things Democratic.  It is only the last 40 or so years that they have become so polarized - in response to a huge threat to the 2nd.   Quid pro quo....

You must have noticed how many people are talking about "common sense" gun control, then talk about getting machine guns off the streets, et al.  Well, machine guns have been outlawed for general consumption since the 30's.  There are NO stores, gun shows, or mail order where you can just walk in and out with a machine gun - there are many hoops to jump through, plus large fees, plus the fact that you no longer have the protection of requiring a warrant to search your place.  ATF has the right to demand that you let them inspect the gun, and the place you keep it, any time, day or night - and you have to agree to that to get the permit.  

As for worthless, well, you still have the right to own a firearm.  Check out Canada, Australia, UK....

And if you have kids, or ever get them, and want them to have good training on gun handling and safety - realistically, NRA based materials and are the only reasonable solution.

George H W Bush did that - tore up his card and resigned his membership.  Showed a wishy-washy mentality with a lack of commitment to his ideals, in exchange for some political expediency.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:57:16 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 06:33:55 am »

And how did this topic turn into a discussion about guns?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 06:39:44 am »

Maybe because we were commenting on all the attack ads (in general) from the Republicans; one stated that he was 'a lifetime member of the NRA'.

Ok, so thread drift.  If we're drifting, here it is.

Sue me.

Wink

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 08:10:36 am »

swake was commenting on the main topics of discussion for the election - none of which have anything to do with local governance.

This thread just followed the path set down by years of election campaign history - we are staying true to the finest traditions of our country!!

And - Congratulations to your wife!  I hope she wins her election!!!  Would be nice to see some sanity in local government....  (trying to drift back in the right direction at least a little bit!)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org