A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:45:28 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Renaissance Brewery 12th & Lewis  (Read 18081 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: April 11, 2014, 12:39:11 pm »

Thought I originally saw a beer garden in the plans, but that would make it too much a Smoot magnet.
http://www.tmapc.org/Documents/Agendas/04-16-14/PUD-810.pdf

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:00:24 pm »

Cool, and the design and site plan look great.  I'd like to see more development of the Lewis corridor and this is a step in the right direction.

Speaking of new breweries, saw this in the TW about Dead Armadillo and their search for space downtown:
They said they currently are negotiating to acquire a building on the edge of downtown and hope to have positive news on that soon.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/scene/restaurantguide/tulsa-brewers-dead-armadillo-bursting-at-seams-ready-for-craft/article_a9e34d23-4c48-55aa-aa9f-d295dd7bce7c.html?mode=jqm

I still think the old vacant building at 1st & Elgin would be perfect for conversion to a microbrewery. 

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:13:59 am »

The building design is really nice...I'd like to see something like this in Downtown or in the Pearl.

Great to see someone building in an empty lot.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 12:49:26 pm »

Do we know who the actual proprietor of the brewery is?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 01:00:24 pm »

I'm asking
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 01:03:13 pm »

Roklahoma?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 01:23:57 pm »

Roklahoma?

If you are referring to the festival, it’s a different spelling.  I already tried that route.  I can’t even find anywhere who the organizers are of Rocklahoma.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 01:33:51 pm »

Doing a search on Renaissance has turned up nothing, but it did manage to bring up Pi Pizzeria, the place the Smootboots busted last year for making and selling alcohol rather than non-intoxicating beverage.  I guess that put them out of business.  Nothing on their FB page since right after that little shenanigan.

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 02:25:33 pm »

It's not Dead Armadillo. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 02:45:53 pm »

It's not Dead Armadillo. 

Well Duh, “Renaissance”  Tongue

Have you heard anything about the brewery in Stillwater?  Their license is filed but I’ve heard nothing from them since last October when I went to look over the site for a boiler system.  None of my Stilly friends seem to know anything.  Seems like if that were moving along, they’d at least be creating a buzz via social media.

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 03:04:34 pm »

Well Duh, “Renaissance”  Tongue

Have you heard anything about the brewery in Stillwater?  Their license is filed but I’ve heard nothing from them since last October when I went to look over the site for a boiler system.  None of my Stilly friends seem to know anything.  Seems like if that were moving along, they’d at least be creating a buzz via social media.

Who knows somebody might have been building a brewery and letting Dead Armadillo use it for a fee.  A cooperative brewery... Anyway
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:09:02 pm by CharlieSheen » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 03:26:27 pm »

Who knows somebody might have been building a brewery and letting Dead Armadillo use it for a fee.  A cooperative brewery... Anyway

Co-op breweries are a great idea as it could help incubate several start-ups with out the heavy start-up costs for a new brand. 

At some point though, one has to wonder when the point of saturation hits for microbrew?  More breweries are splitting a shrinking beer market.  Wine and spirits are pretty stiff competition.  With the trend for big beers means many drinkers might simply have one rather than several in a session considering some Imperials are 9-10% ABV, that’s a LOT of calories, especially in magnums or bombers.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/08/why-are-american-drinkers-turning-against-beer/278370/

I can’t remember where I was the other day, but they still had quite a bit of Marshall’s El CuCuy on the shelf.  Hell, even Bomb and Bible Belt aren’t exactly difficult to find now.  Bomb isn’t something I’d sit and drink three or four of over the course of an evening.  That’s a once in a while nightcap for me.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 04:03:29 pm »

There is a new distillery in Moore Oklahoma that will offer Oklahoma made spirits on May 1st.

Scissortial Distillery   https://www.facebook.com/Scissortaildistillery

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 05:56:17 pm »

Hell, even Bomb and Bible Belt aren’t exactly difficult to find now.  Bomb isn’t something I’d sit and drink three or four of over the course of an evening.  That’s a once in a while nightcap for me.

Prairie wants too much $ for them to be a regular beer for me.  When they had the Standard in 6-packs for under $9, I bought it on a regular basis.  When they went to just under $9 for a 4-pack of the same beer, I said "no".  I bought a bottle of Bomb to try it.  I liked it but at $5+ for a 12 oz bottle, I'm not going to buy it more than a couple of times a year.

The price of bomber bottles from just about everyone is silly.  The same beer in 11.2 or 12 oz 6-packs is considerably less per oz.

As a point of reference: $8 for a 22 oz bottle is the equivalent of $26.18 for a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles (or cans for you wise guys).  That really needs to be a pretty special beer at that price.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 06:42:45 pm »

Prairie wants too much $ for them to be a regular beer for me.  When they had the Standard in 6-packs for under $9, I bought it on a regular basis.  When they went to just under $9 for a 4-pack of the same beer, I said "no".  I bought a bottle of Bomb to try it.  I liked it but at $5+ for a 12 oz bottle, I'm not going to buy it more than a couple of times a year.

The price of bomber bottles from just about everyone is silly.  The same beer in 11.2 or 12 oz 6-packs is considerably less per oz.

As a point of reference: $8 for a 22 oz bottle is the equivalent of $26.18 for a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles (or cans for you wise guys).  That really needs to be a pretty special beer at that price.

There’s precious few bombers that I buy anymore (with the exception of Marshall’s specials) and it’s usually something MC and I end up splitting unless it’s something like a really dank double IPA which she won’t touch.

Have you picked up a six of any of the Founder’s varieties yet? Really great from what I’ve tried so far.  There again, one more entry into a pretty crowded market.  It’s amazing how many beers Oklahoma still does not get.  With new ones arriving all the time, it’s easy for me to forget about some of the beers I’ve tried in the past.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org