A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:52:02 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown building near 7th Cincinatti  (Read 3315 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« on: April 06, 2014, 05:08:41 pm »

Anyone know what is going on with the 6 story building between 7th and 8th on Cincinatti?  Noticed that they have been working on it for a while now but at first thought it was perhaps just a simple remodel of a floor or two.  However now as you drive by you can pretty much see through most every floor as if it is being entirely gutted and don't remember hearing anything about this building.   

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 08:50:24 pm »

I believe this is the bldg in question:
http://goo.gl/yajjRE

and

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/avanti-building-sold-to-first-presbyterian-church/article_3478b51a-4d7d-5f32-a31a-d3664944e70e.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:53:52 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 09:12:46 pm »

All the work I've seen is clean out so far, and I've seen no leasing signs. It could just become church offices, but I hope it becomes more.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 01:53:07 pm »

FPC has a sizable land empire in this area: two entire blocks between 7th/8th and Main/Cincinnati, the old Powerhouse Gym building on Cincinnati and now the Avanti Building. 

I heard at one time TCC was interested in purchasing this building to add classroom space for business and computer programs.  The master plan for the campus shows future buildings forming a quad at 9th & Boston where TCC owns both lots, with the east lot adjacent to the Avanti Bldg. 

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 02:16:37 pm »

Good, we didn't want any property tax from those buildings anyway.
davideinstein
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 02:28:52 pm »

Good, we didn't want any property tax from those buildings anyway.

Anything is good in my eyes. TCC brings revenue to the area for sure.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 05:20:46 pm »

Interesting.  One thought I had if that was church property is that they might lease out some of the first floor space to retail businesses.  Wonder if that is legal if the property is tax exempt as a church property or how that would work?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 08:04:07 pm »

Interesting.  One thought I had if that was church property is that they might lease out some of the first floor space to retail businesses.  Wonder if that is legal if the property is tax exempt as a church property or how that would work?

There used to be a deli along Boston in the FPC-owned Bernsen Center.  I assume they just paid rent to FPC, and the space itself is tax exempt.  So they could probably lease out the first floor retail space in the Avanti building.  That church must have some really deep pockets...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 10:38:39 am »

There used to be a deli along Boston in the FPC-owned Bernsen Center.  I assume they just paid rent to FPC, and the space itself is tax exempt.  So they could probably lease out the first floor retail space in the Avanti building.  That church must have some really deep pockets...

Boston Deli.

That originally the old Masonic Lodge building and from what I could find from Preservation Oklahoma, the Bernsen Center was dedicated in ’98, so  I’m not sure at what point FPC ended up with title to it.  I believe it also used to house Ike’s Chili.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 12:41:50 pm »

Boston Deli.

That originally the old Masonic Lodge building and from what I could find from Preservation Oklahoma, the Bernsen Center was dedicated in ’98, so  I’m not sure at what point FPC ended up with title to it.  I believe it also used to house Ike’s Chili.

Yes, Ike's was on the SW corner of 8th 7th & Boston. Did a lot of work DT in the early 90's and walked there for lunch at least once a week.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.149937,-95.987952,3a,75y,186.53h,81.58t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s05tyWtXSq3dfC3dThLkrqQ!2e0?hl=en
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:46:44 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org