A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:27:30 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 13th and Utica  (Read 7457 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« on: April 01, 2014, 01:48:25 pm »

I noticed that every house, duplex and apartment between 13th St and 13th Pl and Utica to Troost is boarded up.

Is this due to the Lutheran Church and their ancient plans to build a retirement community here?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 03:13:04 pm »

They sold those properties recently

onward...through the fog
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 04:02:31 pm »

And then across the highway you have the big empty lot at 14th & Utica.  Are there bigger plans for these parcels?  Bumgarner was at one time involved in the empty lots proposing an office building a few years back.  Both would be great for mixed-use office and residential with high visibility.

davideinstein
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 07:58:21 pm »

And then across the highway you have the big empty lot at 14th & Utica.  Are there bigger plans for these parcels?  Bumgarner was at one time involved in the empty lots proposing an office building a few years back.  Both would be great for mixed-use office and residential with high visibility.

Absolutely no reason for this to sit there like it is.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 09:49:07 pm »

How much space does the new QT design need?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 06:32:43 am »

I was told that there was a lot of objection when he tried to build there. Still his property I believe.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 12:36:38 pm »

They sold those properties recently

Lemme guess: HillCrest?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 01:32:13 pm »

I don't think so. They had wanted it. I'll ask around.

onward...through the fog
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 03:03:48 pm »

I think that 14th would be perfect for a hotel/mixed use to add on to the Cherry Street area.  How is it that one of our city's main entertainment districts has no hotels anywhere nearby while South Tulsa has an abundance of hotels in the middle of nowhere, including under highway entrance ramps?

As for boarded up homes on 13th, I noticed them too.  I'm guessing Hillcrest bought them.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:05:23 pm by DowntownDan » Logged
davideinstein
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 03:34:28 pm »

How much space does the new QT design need?

Already one at 11th and Utica.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 03:46:52 pm »

Already one at 11th and Utica.

Sure, but different traffic.  I was kidding anyway.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 04:40:13 pm »

...city's main entertainment districts has no hotels anywhere nearby while South Tulsa has an abundance of hotels in the middle of nowhere, including under highway entrance ramps?

Where is the one under the highway entrance ramps?  Just curious as I cannot think of it.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 08:59:10 pm »

I think that 14th would be perfect for a hotel/mixed use to add on to the Cherry Street area.  How is it that one of our city's main entertainment districts has no hotels anywhere nearby while South Tulsa has an abundance of hotels in the middle of nowhere, including under highway entrance ramps?

I wonder the same thing.  This area would make the most sense, proximity to St John/Hillcrest and Utica Square/Cherry Street.  It would be nice to have a Westin in Tulsa.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 02:14:03 pm »

Where is the one under the highway entrance ramps?  Just curious as I cannot think of it.

The one in particular I'm thinking of is by Saint Francis South, 91st and Hwy 169.  There is a hotel there by the ramp.  It may not be literally underneath but its at a minimum a few yards away from the ramp.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 05:08:18 pm »

The one in particular I'm thinking of is by Saint Francis South, 91st and Hwy 169.  There is a hotel there by the ramp.  It may not be literally underneath but its at a minimum a few yards away from the ramp.

It is pretty close but I forgot about it since the entrance is just a bit away.
http://goo.gl/maps/on0Ti

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org