A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:57:51 am
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Presidential Campaign  (Read 138762 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #345 on: April 13, 2015, 03:38:42 pm »

I am curious though as to when the meek and downtrodden going to realize they still are not better off due to on and off Democrat control of the White House and alternating control of the Senate and House over the last couple of decades.  The Democrat party is no more interested in the plight of the underclasses than the Republicans are.

NPR discussed that this morning - one of the particular items was job creation - since that seems to be the "big thing" for Republicans.  Job creation under Democrats is double that of Republican administrations.  ( On Point)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2015, 03:43:00 pm »

I am curious though as to when the meek and downtrodden going to realize they still are not better off due to on and off Democrat control of the White House and alternating control of the Senate and House over the last couple of decades.  The Democrat party is no more interested in the plight of the underclasses than the Republicans are.

Subsidization always leads to expansion.  Any party, who's platform includes subsidization as a remedy for poverty, will only be effective in producing more poverty.

The promise of subsidy is only effective in buying votes, not buying bread.

The same goes for other social issues.  Last week Biden said he wanted to make community college free, and that sounds exciting.  The issue is that when you make something free, you ultimately destroy its value and quality.  Currently, an associates degree from a community college is representative of an individual who has not only cultivated targeted job skills, but done so by making an investment (personal sacrifice) in her/his future.  To an employer, this has value.  Remove the sacrifice and an associates degree will be no more valuable to an employer than a high-school degree.  Because, under Biden's plan, the Community Colleges will no longer be required to compete on value and price, they will have no incentive to innovate and develop their product.

The important result though, is an effective purchase of votes for the politician involved.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2015, 11:04:27 pm »

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #348 on: April 14, 2015, 08:28:45 am »

NPR discussed that this morning - one of the particular items was job creation - since that seems to be the "big thing" for Republicans.  Job creation under Democrats is double that of Republican administrations.  ( On Point)

Lol...Wut.....Huh

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #349 on: April 14, 2015, 01:05:37 pm »

Lol...Wut.....Huh

You wouldn't understand....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2015, 02:16:10 pm »

You wouldn't understand....

I usually don't understand stand things that are pulled out of your a$$......

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2015, 03:18:25 pm »

What the hell have your eyes seen?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2015, 07:09:00 pm »

Or very many other things....

Townsend, you don't wanna know!  Far, far below the deepest delving of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he.  From Kazad-Dum....

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #353 on: April 17, 2015, 11:32:31 am »

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #354 on: April 26, 2015, 08:08:17 am »

Finally a politician I can support whole heartedly.... WILL be contributing to the campaign (to get more of these made).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz_V4lRdtjo

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

Re:
« Reply #355 on: May 04, 2015, 12:00:44 pm »

Cain was immediately branded a racist, who engaged in slave labor.  As he neared the primary, he was far worse.

If he makes the mistake and runs, Carson will be kin to a modern Hitler by primary season.  All of the might of the liberal media is bent on proving that unicorns are make believe.

And the count down begins........

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/04/politics/ben-carson-2016-presidential-announcement/index.html
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

Re:
« Reply #356 on: May 04, 2015, 12:04:50 pm »

Carson demanded another "wave election" this cycle, not of Republicans (who already control both chambers of Congress), but rather to elect "people with common sense who actually love our nation, and are willing to work for our nation, and are more concerned about the next generation than the next election."

That leaves him out then...

Isn't this the same guy that said prison rape proves that homosexuality is a choice?

Isn't this guy a neurosurgeon?

Maybe he's been self-experimenting?

J/S.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #357 on: May 04, 2015, 09:28:56 pm »

It just keeps getting better every day....  the clown show just keeps on rolling!!

Carly Fiorina is now running for President.  The CEO who ran Hewlett Packard into the ground !!   Bill and Dave just gotta be soooo proud - she can do to the country what she did to their company!!  Can hardly wait....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #358 on: May 04, 2015, 09:46:05 pm »

It just keeps getting better every day....  the clown show just keeps on rolling!!

Carly Fiorina is now running for President.  The CEO who ran Hewlett Packard into the ground !!   Bill and Dave just gotta be soooo proud - she can do to the country what she did to their company!!  Can hardly wait....

Total random fringe figure.  You have to wonder what she hopes to gain. No chance of nomination nor running mate position, so what does she expect to add to the platform?  Isn’t that the point when you know you have no chance in Hell of winning, you just want to help form the platform?

Or, again, maybe she suffers from a narcissistic disorder and wants to be able to frame a “Florina For President” sign to be hung in the back of her garage...or in her dining room.  You know, standard Sara Palin stuff.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #359 on: May 05, 2015, 06:49:35 pm »

I get the impression she's another one percent elitist like Trump or Romney, and that having that much wealth makes her a better candidate - in her own estimation.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org