A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:28:26 pm
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Presidential Campaign  (Read 138693 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2015, 08:34:55 pm »

Dude at least you are in Oregon.  And Washington is a relatively short drive once the hops quit drowning out the noise. 

Where’s that doobie smoking emoji when you need one?

I tried some pretty good brews while in Tennessee this weekend.  Two of the Yazoo offerings and Hap & Harry's (essentially, Jack Daniels beer).  Both of the Yazoos were good.  The Hap & Harry's was not very memorable.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2015, 09:14:48 pm »

Dude at least you are in Oregon.  And Washington is a relatively short drive once the hops quit drowning out the noise.  

Where’s that doobie smoking emoji when you need one?

Yeah, plenty of brews around and now one local microw brew that makes a good porter is filling growlers. As for the doobieage, I can't, a couple of prospetive jobs in other states don't care if it's legal here, they test and it will be a guaranteed fail.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2015, 09:54:28 pm »

Yeah, plenty of brews around and now one local microw brew that makes a good porter is filling growlers. As for the doobieage, I can't, a couple of prospetive jobs in other states don't care if it's legal here, they test and it will be a guaranteed fail.

Yeah, me either, but occasionally I do channel memories of my younger days for a good contact high.  Wink

And speaking of micros, I seem to have cloned a near perfect rip off on Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA.  Deschutes is a lot like Odell, I have not had one of their beers I did not like a a lot.

Oh, to keep this on topic- Romney isn’t running, therefore Palin won’t be his running mate. 

G’night all!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #303 on: March 24, 2015, 07:31:52 am »

Oh, to keep this on topic- Romney isn’t running, therefore Palin won’t be his running mate. 

G’night all!

Hey, she’s still going to be around. She and Trump will flirt with running right up until they would have to file income disclosures. Looking like she’s running makes her “PAC” money.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2015, 08:49:17 am »

Hey, she’s still going to be around. She and Trump will flirt with running right up until they would have to file income disclosures. Looking like she’s running makes her “PAC” money.

Man, she found her money ticket and rode that carnival ride like a 8 year old that just made the height requirement didn't she?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2015, 09:27:44 am »

I considered voting for Palin. I try to vote by looks.

Then she spoke.

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #306 on: March 24, 2015, 10:38:25 am »

I have a problem with how far Right Cruz is, he says wants to appeal to concervatives but I don't fall in line with the Falwell/Robertson/700 Club conservatives. (Or can I call them Looney's?)

Also he's going for the bait and switch saying he will repeal every word of ACA, which he has to know can't be done, and then will say well it's more difficult than we thought.

As for Palin, hasn't she passed her expiration date by a couple of years, to the point where she's like the left overs in the fridge at work that no one claims, and no one can identify?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2015, 10:47:15 am »

As for Palin, hasn't she passed her expiration date by a couple of years, to the point where she's like the left overs in the fridge at work that no one claims, and no one can identify?

Yeah but even after you throw it out you can’t get past that lingering, annoying odor.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #308 on: March 24, 2015, 10:54:19 am »

Yeah but even after you throw it out you can’t get past that lingering, annoying odor.

True, very true.

One thing I forgot about Cruz, is that he is a no compromise person, and unfortunately if he gets in, nothing will change, it will just be the same bickering, stalemates, threats of shutdowns, and  orange face mcboozy pants telling reporters to kiss his donkey.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #309 on: March 24, 2015, 12:50:54 pm »

Not to worry. The American electorate will not suddenly become a majority of far-right zealots. Cruz doesn't have a realistic chance of attaining the oval office, though some think his true aim is the VP slot. A more moderate Republican with wider appeal could use him to rope in the right fringe. The question is, would Cruz' ego play along?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2015, 01:16:14 pm »

Not to worry. The American electorate will not suddenly become a majority of far-right zealots. Cruz doesn't have a realistic chance of attaining the oval office, though some think his true aim is the VP slot. A more moderate Republican with wider appeal could use him to rope in the right fringe. The question is, would Cruz' ego play along?

One heartbeat away from all out cra cra.  While I think his thing is an act, I fear the people who follow him.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

Re:
« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2015, 01:30:45 pm »

That's an interesting take. Cruise neither has the aesthetic or message to be the president, but he does pull quite a bit of Tea Party influence with his anti-entitlement stance. However I think this is still an exercise in nurturing the message.  There is no way any candidate, Republican, Democrat, or Martian can mount a resistance to the Clinton machine, so I think this is all an effort to show some momentum with experimental candidates.  I think we will see Trump, Huckabee, and Paul (of course), all emerge to draw fire from different directions.

Ultimately, Scott Walker will be the candidate but it will all be in preparation for 2020 (or for the off chance that Hillary stumbles).  I personally like Ben Carson, but he's not a politician and hasn't lived his life in a way that would allow him to transition into that pit of fire and lies. I actually like him so much that I would rather not see him run, because I think it would be destructive to him.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #312 on: March 24, 2015, 02:43:37 pm »

I personally like Ben Carson, but he's not a politician and hasn't lived his life in a way that would allow him to transition into that pit of fire and lies. I actually like him so much that I would rather not see him run, because I think it would be destructive to him.

Ben Carson huh?

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/20/ben_carsons_fresh_foreign_policy_just_sort_of_slip_palestinians_down_to_egypt/
“We need to look at fresh ideas,” said Carson. “I don’t have any problem with the Palestinians having a state, but does it need to be within the confines of Israeli territory? Is that necessary, or can you sort of slip that area down into Egypt? Right below Israel, they have some amount of territory, and it can be adjacent. They can benefit from the many agricultural advances that were made by Israel, because if you fly over that area, you can easily see the demarcation between Egypt and Israel, in terms of one being desert and one being verdant. Technology could transform that area. So why does it need to be in an area where there’s going to be temptation for Hamas to continue firing missiles at relatively close range to Israel?”

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201504/ben-carson-tea-party?currentPage=2
On several occasions, I tried to get Carson to concede that his analogy likening the U.S. to Nazi Germany was out of line (he's said that Americans under Obama are as intimidated and afraid to criticize their government as Germans under the Third Reich). But he refused to give any ground. Our longest discussion about the matter came in Jerusalem, in the cafeteria of the Holocaust museum at Yad Vashem. We'd spent the previous ninety minutes touring the museum, followed by Carson entering Yad Vashem's Hall of Remembrance and, black kippah atop his head, laying a wreath made of red, pink, and orange poppies that read "Courage and Truth Will Win: In loving memory the 6 million." Given all this, I asked Carson, did it make him reconsider his analogy?

"Not at all," he said. "It makes it even stronger."

Appearing on CNN’s “New Day,” the potential GOP presidential candidate told host Chris Cuomo that the fight for marriage equality bore no resemblance to the civil rights struggle in part because people have “no control” of their race. That prompted Cuomo to ask whether Carson believed homosexuality is a choice.

“Absolutely,” Carson replied. “Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight — and when they come out, they’re gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question,” he added.

He's a science denying young earth creationist. Yeah, he's just great.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

Re:
« Reply #313 on: March 24, 2015, 02:56:37 pm »

It's crazy.  I have a good friend of mine who honestly suggested to me while at McNellie's one day (might have been part of it) that Carson would be a good President.  He called him doctor.

I asked him to stop drinking immediately.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

Re:
« Reply #314 on: March 24, 2015, 03:03:08 pm »

Don't worry your little head. Much like Herman Cain (a man I've actually met), the left decided Carson's fate long before he could ever mount any challenge. He represents everything that the left reviles.

He is America; hard-working, successful, morally conservative, religious, and independent of thought.  As I said above, he is not a politician so he is prone to speak his mind, his faith, and openly defend his philosophies.  To the left he is a unicorn. An anomaly that should not exist.

Your response was perfect.  Wink

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org