A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:46:08 pm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Presidential Campaign  (Read 138742 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2015, 11:49:11 am »

I'm hoping your "beyond reproach" means you know this article is more FOX news than NPR.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2015, 03:04:32 pm »

Please remember, World Nut Daily is much like the sadly defunct Weekly World News without the gravitas and respectability of Bat Boy.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2015, 07:14:55 pm »

Weekly World News without the gravitas and respectability of Bat Boy...

Bat Boy is alive and being held against his will. I have set up a Bat Boy legal defense fund to accept donations to free him.

PM me for details.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2015, 07:20:15 pm »

Bat Boy is alive and being held against his will. I have set up a Bat Boy legal defense fund to accept donations to free him.

PM me for details.
I love bat boy.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #274 on: March 18, 2015, 09:20:57 am »

Never cite WND as a credible source. Today they have this story linking Friday's solar eclipse to support for Israel.

http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/03/coming-solar-eclipse-seen-as-judgment/

Ed

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #275 on: March 18, 2015, 09:08:12 pm »

Never cite WND as a credible source. Today they have this story linking Friday's solar eclipse to support for Israel.

http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/03/coming-solar-eclipse-seen-as-judgment/

"It will happen both on the first day of spring and on the first day of the Jewish religious calendar, the beginning of the month of Nisan.

Such an astronomical event only takes place once every 100,000 years, experts said."

Wow, just how long has this Jewish religious calendar been around?

"In an exclusive interview with WND, Root Source co-founder Bob O’Dell pointed to the significance of an eclipse visible from the North Pole at this particular time.

“The North Pole can’t really be called the territory of any particular nation or people,” O’Dell said. “This is likely a message from God to the entire world.”

Huh
Wow.

Wow.

I am almost 50 and I remember as a little boy running across those folk each week on TV passionately talking about this or that happening in the news or rare astronomical alignment as a "sign" of imminent doom. Amazing.  

Wonder if they realize that some of us see those comments about the eclipse as more indicative of imminent doom than the eclipse itself.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:16:35 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #276 on: March 19, 2015, 07:28:06 am »

We had Katherine Kuhlman on the radio every morning, insisting that the world would end in 1972 or 1973.  I remember thinking, "I hope I get laid before then."

Ed

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #277 on: March 19, 2015, 01:05:04 pm »

Month of ?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #278 on: March 19, 2015, 01:53:14 pm »

Month of ?

Altimas?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #279 on: March 19, 2015, 02:12:45 pm »

Altimas?

William had posted a quote about the Hebrew month of Nisan.  I was wondering if some ad exec for Nissan had ever thought of...

eh, nevermind.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #280 on: March 19, 2015, 02:26:47 pm »

William had posted a quote about the Hebrew month of Nisan.  I was wondering if some ad exec for Nissan had ever thought of...

eh, nevermind.

It would offend Lankford.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #281 on: March 19, 2015, 02:42:17 pm »

It would offend Lankford.

Wow.  It burns...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #282 on: March 19, 2015, 07:36:05 pm »

I liked both Lankford and Connie Johnson last election, so it was hard to decide.
Knowing this would have made the decision much easier:

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — U.S. Senator James Lankford has returned from a visit to the Guantanamo Bay detention facility that he took with four fellow freshman Republican senators.
Lankford said in a news release after returning that he believes the facility where suspected terrorists have been held is important and should remain open.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #283 on: March 20, 2015, 11:05:27 am »

Hillary's husband's ex-girlfriend is out giving TED talks now.
http://www.fastcoexist.com/3044038/at-ted-monica-lewinsky-talks-cyberbullying-and-how-she-almost-lost-her-life

Coincidence?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #284 on: March 20, 2015, 12:48:58 pm »

Hillary's husband's ex-girlfriend is out giving TED talks now.
http://www.fastcoexist.com/3044038/at-ted-monica-lewinsky-talks-cyberbullying-and-how-she-almost-lost-her-life

Coincidence?

What do you expect?  President Clinton obviously left a bad taste in her mouth.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org