A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:11:15 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Presidential Campaign  (Read 140781 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2014, 01:41:24 pm »

SMH. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_sNnQU5eHM[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »

So saying that military service alone does not automatically make one the best qualified to be elected a Senator is now "attacking military service?" Wow.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2014, 10:45:21 pm »

So saying that military service alone does not automatically make one the best qualified to be elected a Senator is now "attacking military service?" Wow.

Not sure where you heard any what you just posted in the video. Let's allow these rabid right wingers to explain to you (at least as far as Pryor--apparently not entitled son of a former Arkansas governor) your premise:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_nkNrUysvc[/youtube]

Nate with a splinter?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:54:33 pm by guido911 » Logged

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2014, 11:00:07 pm »

Cotton is a ...heel despite his military service. If you want to be offended on behalf of someone, you can choose much more wisely. Grin

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2014, 11:15:52 pm »

Whatever you say (now).

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2014, 11:24:06 pm »

Whatever you say (now).

You have a strange conception of backpedaling. My dictionary says that it has something to do with changing one's position, which I have not done.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2014, 12:09:54 am »

You have a strange conception of backpedaling. My dictionary says that it has something to do with changing one's position, which I have not done.

No but it was a perceived perfect spot to illustrate his point with a cute audio/visual aid.

Too predictable.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2014, 12:49:26 pm »

Give me the link to your dictionary definition, and I will help you. Here's one definition to get you started: Backpedaling means to "Reverse one’s previous action or opinion". 

I think you had a bad night, and you need to look no further than the parrot having joined your side--doing only what he knows.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2014, 01:41:47 pm »

Give me the link to your dictionary definition, and I will help you. Here's one definition to get you started: Backpedaling means to "Reverse one’s previous action or opinion".  

I think you had a bad night, and you need to look no further than the parrot having joined your side--doing only what he knows.

And yet again, the clueless counselor takes a swipe thinking I give two squirts of pee about his opinion of me.

New flash, Tony...I don't.   Cheesy

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2014, 06:06:19 pm »

Still not sure how the two comments are in any way inconsistent with each other.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2014, 02:33:46 pm »

Gotta love individual state political ads...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Y24MFOfFU[/youtube]

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2014, 06:11:00 pm »

And yet again, the clueless counselor takes a swipe thinking I give two squirts of pee about his opinion of me.

New flash, Tony...I don't.   Cheesy

After your two squirts, please put the toilet seat back up in the men's room as a courtesy for the next guy.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2014, 09:57:30 pm »

Not that I really care about Iowa, this is pretty funny (even Slate covered it):

Iowa is a farm state, and it's never a good idea to disparage one of the state's chief occupations. Next, it’s particularly not a good idea to demean your state when you’re somewhere else: In this case, Braley was speaking in Texas. Next, Braley, a trial lawyer, was making his pitch to a room full of trial lawyers at a private fundraiser (which is why he didn’t think he was being recorded). Trial lawyers are perhaps the most unpopular constituency among Republican base voters—besides Obama administration officials. Since midterm elections are all about motivating your base, Braley has given his opponent a turnout gift. Next, look where Braley is standing: If you’re going to talk down to Iowa farmers, at least don't do it next to a table of booze. It makes for amusing viewing and that reinforces the idea for voters that you're not one of them.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/03/bruce_braley_s_gaffe_the_iowa_democrat_who_attacked_chuck_grassley_and_iowa.html

When will these dumba$$ed lawyers from Iowa learn?  ducking/donning Kevlar...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:59:50 pm by guido911 » Logged

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2014, 09:19:18 am »

I met a farmer from Iowa at a wedding a couple years ago. Very smart businessman with strong views on corn being used for fuel and farming in general. Of course I disagreed with him but HE was the farmer, I'm just the consumer so we laughed it off. It seems to me that professionals often carry a load of argumentative, superiority just below the surface that can erupt at the wrong times. Don't see it much at the farmer level.

At the bottom of that story, Sen Mitch McConnell adding an applause track to his speeches was pretty funny too. Miss that one?

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2014, 01:26:43 pm »

I met a farmer from Iowa at a wedding a couple years ago. Very smart businessman with strong views on corn being used for fuel and farming in general. Of course I disagreed with him but HE was the farmer, I'm just the consumer so we laughed it off. It seems to me that professionals often carry a load of argumentative, superiority just below the surface that can erupt at the wrong times. Don't see it much at the farmer level.

At the bottom of that story, Sen Mitch McConnell adding an applause track to his speeches was pretty funny too. Miss that one?

Well, you got me curious - I am betting he was in favor of corn as fuel - especially since the associated subsidies are keeping him afloat...

Was he in favor of corn for fuel?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org