A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:17:36 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sand Springs RiverWest Development  (Read 38643 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 06:50:42 pm »

Sounds like you want an edition, not a larger house.

edition?

I think I am missing something here.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 08:07:01 pm »

For starters, the wife and I have children, and also our professions require us to have lots of "stuff" related to our jobs. We also enjoy entertaining family, and love having guests.  We also have parents that are aging, and we want to be able to take care of them in their later years on our terms including housing. Nursing homes or the like are strictly out of the question. I also need exercise space, a movie room, a library, office, etc--all while paying less in property taxes. We also have several cars, etc. 

You just missed out on a fantastic buy on an 11 acre estate out in Kellyville a few weeks ago that belonged to my Aunt Ruth Hellen.  I wish I would have known you were looking for something.  Had two guest residences on the property.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 09:02:27 pm »

edition?

I think I am missing something here.

While it makes no sense, I typo homonyms often (I meant Addition)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 10:12:06 pm »

While it makes no sense, I typo homonyms often (I meant Addition)

We probably all depend on spell checker a bit too much.  Unfortunately, it isn't a grammar checker.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 10:22:22 pm »

You just missed out on a fantastic buy on an 11 acre estate out in Kellyville a few weeks ago that belonged to my Aunt Ruth Hellen.  I wish I would have known you were looking for something.  Had two guest residences on the property.

I didn't know I was looking until yesterday...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 10:27:41 pm »

Sounds like you want an edition, not a larger house.

Not begrudging you the movie room and office, however.

In a perfect world, we would would love to physically pick up our current home and move it to another location. That said, both my wife and I have never lived in the same dwelling for too long. Where I live now is my longest singular period of residence since I was living at my childhood home in the 80s.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 10:36:34 pm »

We probably all depend on spell checker a bit too much.  Unfortunately, it isn't a grammar checker.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 08:31:07 pm »

That said, both my wife and I have never lived in the same dwelling for too long.

How can you ever expect to collect stuff you will never need again if you don't stay in one place very long?

Grin

My (younger) sister says that when mom and I are both gone, she will arrange for a BIG dumpster before she even arrives at our place.

Grin

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 09:22:18 pm »

How can you ever expect to collect stuff you will never need again if you don't stay in one place very long?

Grin

My (younger) sister says that when mom and I are both gone, she will arrange for a BIG dumpster before she even arrives at our place.

Grin

You've met my wife. Do you think she would allow me to keep stuff?  Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2014, 09:51:44 pm »

You've met my wife. Do you think she would allow me to keep stuff?  Grin

Probably not.  But.... one never knows until one tries.

Grin

Carmichael's has several varieties of insanely hot peppers this year.  They should be available for sale this weekend.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 04:43:27 pm »

Grin

Grin

My brother and I used to lament the day that we would have to deal with Mom’s house.  She’s not a hoarder but she has far more taste for knickknacks and bric-a-brac than I do.

A few days after my brother passed, I had a moment of levity and thought to myself: “Kevin is getting one hell of a laugh right now knowing I’m stuck dealing with Mom’s house some day."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
roscoe
Citizen

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 12:25:58 pm »

Here comes Stabucks!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 12:43:41 pm »

Here comes Stabucks!

And how about a T-Mobile and California Nails!?!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 01:31:43 pm »

Just today I started thinking about relocating out towards Sand Springs or perhaps Sapulpa. More house for the money out that way...

Several years ago, part of family started emigrating to Sapulpa area.  It's not bad....they have modest houses with big yards for the gardens they want.  More than enough infrastructure for their needs.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 02:21:12 pm »

Several years ago, part of family started emigrating to Sapulpa area.  It's not bad....they have modest houses with big yards for the gardens they want.  More than enough infrastructure for their needs.

If I'm moving, I'm thinking more along the lines of Skiatook/Skiatook Lake.  Have a friend that lives up there on about 8 acres of land north and west of the town.  Great area.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org