A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:32:26 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ike's Chili on 11th Street  (Read 4636 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: February 16, 2014, 06:57:47 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 1503 E. 11th Street (Two blocks east of Peoria)

Date/Time of Visit: Sunday 3pm (official opening is Monday)

Quality of Food (1-5): 5

Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4

Quality of Service (1-5): 5

Atmosphere (1-5): 4

Overall Rating (1-5): 4

Price ($-$$$$$): $

What makes this restaurant unique:

Ike's has been around Tulsa for over 100 years. This is a new building they purchased and renovated. The official grand opening is tomorrow, but I was lucky enough to be invited to the pre-opening party.

Tell us about your experience:

I really like their chili with beans. A large bowl is $7 and fills me up nicely. The spice is just right, but you can add crackers or hot sauce to your liking. My son has the chili cheese burger and waffle fries ($8) and said it was the best he ever had.

The new place holds 80 people with nice sturdy chairs and tables. Buckets of crackers are on each table and they have a very large bucket of extras by the door. The walls are decorated with vintage pictures of Tulsa the high ceilings help keep the noise down a little. This was a pre-opening so it was a little crazy, but we ordered and were served in less than ten minutes. I like that they give you large drink glasses (root beer for me) so I don't outdrink the busy wait staff.

The restaurant fronts 11th street, but most of the customers come in the real door from the parking lot behind to the north. I like the big picture windows facing 11th street and believe that they are part of a real revival of the neighborhood.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 09:11:43 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 1503 E. 11th Street (Two blocks east of Peoria)

Date/Time of Visit: Sunday 3pm (official opening is Monday)

Quality of Food (1-5): 5

Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4

Quality of Service (1-5): 5

Atmosphere (1-5): 4

Overall Rating (1-5): 4

Price ($-$$$$$): $

What makes this restaurant unique:

Ike's has been around Tulsa for over 100 years. This is a new building they purchased and renovated. The official grand opening is tomorrow, but I was lucky enough to be invited to the pre-opening party.

Tell us about your experience:

I really like their chili with beans. A large bowl is $7 and fills me up nicely. The spice is just right, but you can add crackers or hot sauce to your liking. My son has the chili cheese burger and waffle fries ($8) and said it was the best he ever had.

The new place holds 80 people with nice sturdy chairs and tables. Buckets of crackers are on each table and they have a very large bucket of extras by the door. The walls are decorated with vintage pictures of Tulsa the high ceilings help keep the noise down a little. This was a pre-opening so it was a little crazy, but we ordered and were served in less than ten minutes. I like that they give you large drink glasses (root beer for me) so I don't outdrink the busy wait staff.

The restaurant fronts 11th street, but most of the customers come in the real door from the parking lot behind to the north. I like the big picture windows facing 11th street and believe that they are part of a real revival of the neighborhood.

Good to hear this RM.  Some co-workers of mine and me went there (old location) last Monday.  No hamburgers (grill had already been moved over there) but food was still good.  Hate that I will have to drive a little further yet again (Burnco is another moving further away from my work) but good to see they'll have more parking.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 10:25:21 pm »

I know I am gonna have to go try it....

Sounds like you are you saying the chili doesn't taste like sawdust anymore??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org