A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:08:12 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun Control Bill Dies in the Senate  (Read 30885 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2014, 03:12:57 pm »

California Special:

It comes with a backpack full of lollypops.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2014, 12:59:05 pm »

Survivors recount scenes of terror dubbed 'China's 9/11' by state media
Chinese leaders vow 'iron-fisted' response after knife-wielding attackers bring carnage to a tranquil southwestern city, killing at least 29 people

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10671498/Survivors-recount-scenes-of-terror-dubbed-Chinas-911-by-state-media.html

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03/02/separatists-behind-bloody-machete-terrorist-attack-that-left-33-dead-and-143-injured-in-china-officials-say/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2014, 03:27:34 pm »

Survivors recount scenes of terror dubbed 'China's 9/11' by state media
Chinese leaders vow 'iron-fisted' response after knife-wielding attackers bring carnage to a tranquil southwestern city, killing at least 29 people

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10671498/Survivors-recount-scenes-of-terror-dubbed-Chinas-911-by-state-media.html

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03/02/separatists-behind-bloody-machete-terrorist-attack-that-left-33-dead-and-143-injured-in-china-officials-say/

It all goes back 4,000 years ago when people first started making the shift to iron from bronze....we can blame all this carnage on those people of that time who somehow thought unchecked economic growth and expansion and enhanced tools would somehow be good for the world.  And now we see how this ill-conceived proliferation of iron has inevitably led to the massacre of these people... 

One might question whether in fact it was the fault of the knife or the person wielding the device.  Well, there can be no doubt whatsoever - the mere existence of the knife must be the proximate cause of this massacre!  And steps must be taken at once to ensure this can never happen again!!  All knives must be outlawed and collected for destruction at once!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2014, 03:46:30 pm »

Somehow I suspect that had they been carrying firearms, 10 attackers would have managed to kill far more than 33.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2014, 04:17:05 pm »

Somehow I suspect that had they been carrying firearms, 10 attackers would have managed to kill far more than 33.

Perhaps.  Depends on the guns.

But the implicit - no, actually, the explicit thought behind that statement is that the lives of 33 are worth less than the lives of 34 or more would be....

The problem goes to the inherent violent tendencies present in the human animal regardless of the weapon used.  I received a link to some nut-case right wing extremist web site where the guy was "making the case" that upon review of the backgrounds of all the people involved in the most heinous school massacres - they were all found to be from liberal, permissive, Democrat families or backgrounds.  Leading to the conclusion the being Democrat is a mental illness that should result in institutionalization for the duration. 

Which is almost as absurd as the extreme left assertions that somehow guns are the problem.  Looking at the "facts", it would naturally lead us to the concept that Democrats must be denied gun ownership, and Republicans must be required to own guns.

Found it -

http://www.youtube.com/embed/FeTCkoXslsE?rel=0

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org