A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:58:03 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zanmai Japanese Restaurant  (Read 19478 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 08:16:35 am »

More focus on the batter than the fish.  They do however still have one of the best sirloins in town for a ridiculously low price!

More focus on the batter? Even the batter is out of the galley on the FAIL! boat.  I could swear it was a whole lot better a few years back.

Best I’ve had locally lately is at The Alley.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 08:46:16 am »

Visited Zanmai this weekend.  Attended a birthday party in the hibachi area.  I'm not a big fan of hibachis in general, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.  I'm not normally turned off by loud noise, but this was over the top.  The food was generally good, the hibachi chef's show was solid.  My beef was well cooked.  Next time I'll be sure to sit on the other side to enjoy the view.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 09:09:00 am »

I really enjoy the hibachi style cooked dinner. I love Osaka. My favorite location was at 51st and Harvard. The new one at 81st is fine but just not the same feel as the older location. The partitioned Shogun at 71st and Memorial has no atmosphere at all in my opinion as well as the Asahi at 41st and Memorial. That is why I am excited to try out Zanmai one evening.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 09:28:04 am »

I really enjoy the hibachi style cooked dinner. I love Osaka. My favorite location was at 51st and Harvard. The new one at 81st is fine but just not the same feel as the older location. The partitioned Shogun at 71st and Memorial has no atmosphere at all in my opinion as well as the Asahi at 41st and Memorial. That is why I am excited to try out Zanmai one evening.

The only thing that bothered me about the hibachi room as we were walking around the restaurant is that your view is of Whataburger next door.  There again, I wasn’t there on a crowded night to experience the sound splash.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 11:59:32 am »

The only thing that bothered me about the hibachi room as we were walking around the restaurant is that your view is of Whataburger next door.  There again, I wasn’t there on a crowded night to experience the sound splash.

Yeah, the owner commented on how proud he was of the view of the old rusty Whataburger sign.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 09:26:40 am »

Zanmai Modern Japanese Cuisine closes

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/restaurants/table-talk-zanmai-modern-japanese-cuisine-closes/article_c9a92bd4-a41d-5d80-ace8-4741485b2f1a.html

Apparently grossly mismanaged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 10:55:47 am »

That is too bad.  We ate there last week for one of my daughter's birthdays.  It had become a special occasion place for us.

It did seem slower than usual for a Tuesday night.  I can't remember ever going there and thinking the place was crowded.  The food was still great from the menu as of last week and service was really good, so I don't think those were issues, there again, I've not checked YELP or any of the other sites to see what others have said lately.

I think the place was under-promoted. It is a great location and the view was fantastic, at least from the northwest side of the building.  It does not have the walkability connection to Cherry St. Nor like other places down on Brookside, but parking was no issue, it may have gotten slightly forgotten about because it was not in the middle of a denser area. 

I doubt this will sit idle for very long.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 11:23:07 am »

I think the place was under-promoted. It is a great location and the view was fantastic, at least from the northwest side of the building.  It does not have the walkability connection to Cherry St. Nor like other places down on Brookside, but parking was no issue, it may have gotten slightly forgotten about because it was not in the middle of a denser area. 

Those were my thoughts as well.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 04:40:21 pm »

Just ate there for the first time last Sunday on our 41st anniversary and the meal (steaks) were so good, we were looking forward to adding it to our rotation...but...another one bites the dust.  It's such a beautiful facility, I hope someone can turn it into a destination.  I agree that if it were somehow better connected to Cherry Street...oh well...

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2016, 10:24:33 pm »

Just ate there for the first time last Sunday on our 41st anniversary and the meal (steaks) were so good, we were looking forward to adding it to our rotation...but...another one bites the dust.  It's such a beautiful facility, I hope someone can turn it into a destination.  I agree that if it were somehow better connected to Cherry Street...oh well...

41 years.  Congratulations!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org