A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:33:30 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oilers fan sees a Barons game  (Read 2458 times)
puckbag
Citizen

« on: January 20, 2014, 04:11:18 pm »

I saw my first Barons game yesterday in OKC. It was a very entertaining game and we had an enjoyable time. You can certainly tell the difference in player quality and size.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011692

Official attendance was 3032. Compare with Tulsa's 4728 average and 4587 for the last Sunday game against Allen. I must say the attendance "feel" was equivalent if not better than what I've been observing in Tulsa. Could be the difference in arena size/layout or better audience interaction or both. Would love to know our gate numbers...

* Barons face-off at 4pm, Thunder tip-off at 6pm.
* I enjoyed the organ playing throughout the game breaks.
* The arena really felt like the Baron's home. Large banners around the arena between the levels and throughout the concourse. Fan shop is an actual retail store rather than a booth.
* Energy FC was promoted fairly well.
* It was a bit amusing to consider all the Blue & Orange with a mascot named Derrick...
* Former Tulsa Oiler Jack Combs had a really good game with first star accolades in his second game with the Barons.
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:14:49 pm »

I saw my first Barons game yesterday in OKC. It was a very entertaining game and we had an enjoyable time. You can certainly tell the difference in player quality and size.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011692

Official attendance was 3032. Compare with Tulsa's 4728 average and 4587 for the last Sunday game against Allen. I must say the attendance "feel" was equivalent if not better than what I've been observing in Tulsa. Could be the difference in arena size/layout or better audience interaction or both. Would love to know our gate numbers...

* Barons face-off at 4pm, Thunder tip-off at 6pm.
* I enjoyed the organ playing throughout the game breaks.
* The arena really felt like the Baron's home. Large banners around the arena between the levels and throughout the concourse. Fan shop is an actual retail store rather than a booth.
* Energy FC was promoted fairly well.
* It was a bit amusing to consider all the Blue & Orange with a mascot named Derrick...
* Former Tulsa Oiler Jack Combs had a really good game with first star accolades in his second game with the Barons.
In addtion to player quality and size, did you notice any difference in the speed?

puckbag
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:34:34 pm »

yes, overall the speed was faster. they we're faster and harder into both body and stick checks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org