A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:28:00 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freebirds World Burrito  (Read 11388 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 02:13:35 pm »

I saw last night that Del Taco is making its way into Oklahoma. The "Macho Combo" is coming!!!

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:52 pm »

I saw last night that Del Taco is making its way into Oklahoma. The "Macho Combo" is coming!!!

Last time I was in Phoenix, should have gone to Del Taco instead of Chipotle. I liked Chipotle until this last trip and the food was so blah I realized how much I hate the noise inside.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 12:07:25 am »

I realized how much I hate the noise inside.

Another acoustic annoyance convert!!!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 02:28:57 pm »

Well - we went and concur with the tolerate it or hate it opinion. My burrito was pretty good (the carnitas were actually seasoned well) but my wife's burrito was bland (which is impressive as my wife isn't a fan of spicey food). The prices were fine until we made the burritos into combos ($3 more) which gave us a drink (Pepsi products? srsly?) and a small amount of salty chips and even smaller portion of quac and queso. The music choices were actually really good but too damn loud - you couldn't even talk to the person next to you without yelling. The little Justin Biebers working there were quick and courteous, bad hairstyles and sideways hats notwithstanding. All-in-all a great place to pay $20 for a $10 meal.
saintnicster
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 08:12:47 pm »

Well - we went and concur with the tolerate it or hate it opinion. My burrito was pretty good (the carnitas were actually seasoned well) but my wife's burrito was bland (which is impressive as my wife isn't a fan of spicey food). The prices were fine until we made the burritos into combos ($3 more) which gave us a drink (Pepsi products? srsly?) and a small amount of salty chips and even smaller portion of quac and queso. The music choices were actually really good but too damn loud - you couldn't even talk to the person next to you without yelling. The little Justin Biebers working there were quick and courteous, bad hairstyles and sideways hats notwithstanding. All-in-all a great place to pay $20 for a $10 meal.

What exactly did you order that one meal was $20?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 08:23:15 pm »

What exactly did you order that one meal was $20?

At Chipotle burritos are ~$6.50 ad $1.50 for guac, drinks $1.60 for regular size, $3.00 for chips and guac, and then tax.

2 burritos with guac $16.00
2 drinks $3.20
Chips & guac $3.00

total minus tax - $22.20

http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/chipotle-prices/

Freebirds prices

http://www.yelp.com/menu/freebirds-world-burrito-austin
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:07:14 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 03:12:36 am »

Yea - it was two meals. Both my wife and I got a Freebird combo. $8.98 each as a combo plus tax and you end up just a touch under $20. For $20 we can eat at Taco Cabana, get lots better food (seems like they make everything from scratch there - no packaged tortillas), and leave with more than 50 cents change and some ringing in our ears.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org