A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:05:21 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freebirds World Burrito  (Read 11392 times)
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« on: January 13, 2014, 12:07:09 pm »

I haven't heard anything outstanding about this place but some friends want to go there this week. Anyone been there?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:17:49 pm »

I have eaten at one in Allen Texas. I ordered the spinach tortilla and about 10 different ingredients and liked it.

My son ordered the super monster burrito. It weighed over six pounds and was the size of a football.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:13:30 pm »

Dang! 6lbs.  Did he name it?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 01:33:32 pm »

I'm a fan, but it's no longer convenient for me.

My ranking of big-ol-burrito joints:
Freebirds
Chipotle
Baja-Jack's Burrito Shack
Qdoba
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »

The big burrito chains are all the same- they will all make a turd.

Freebirds is okay.  I liked the one I used to go to in Norman with my daughter as the atmosphere was neat.  I don’t care much for the decor at the one in Tulsa Hills, it’s a little over-done for my liking.  Obviously, the food isn’t much of a draw for me either since I only work five minutes away and have not been back since I went there just after it opened.

I see Chipotle is going in on the NW corner of 61st & Yale where the Shell station was.  My only beef (or bean) with them is their total lack of concern for interior acoustics. 

Bad acoustics to me is what bad lighting is to patric.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 03:55:35 pm »

The big burrito chains are all the same- they will all make a turd.

Freebirds is okay.  I liked the one I used to go to in Norman with my daughter as the atmosphere was neat.  I don’t care much for the decor at the one in Tulsa Hills, it’s a little over-done for my liking.  Obviously, the food isn’t much of a draw for me either since I only work five minutes away and have not been back since I went there just after it opened.

I see Chipotle is going in on the NW corner of 61st & Yale where the Shell station was.  My only beef (or bean) with them is their total lack of concern for interior acoustics. 

Bad acoustics to me is what bad lighting is to patric.

I'm always concerned with how I'm going to get the . . .

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »

My only beef (or bean) with them is their total lack of concern for interior acoustics. 

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 05:34:28 pm »

My only beef (or bean) with them is their total lack of concern for interior acoustics. 

Speak up, I can't hear you.

Grin

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 07:00:42 pm »

I haven't heard anything outstanding about this place but some friends want to go there this week. Anyone been there?

The acoustics were fine for Conan but there seemed to be a complete lack of seasoning. Like nothing was marinated or seasoned at all. I ordered their hottest sauces and stuff and I've had white bread that was spicier. I'm not one of those people were everything is mild, jalapeños are about my speed on most things. I figured this place was just yankee mexican.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 07:01:50 pm »

That's the fact that they use almost entirely steel, plywood and other reusable materials. Theoretically you can dismantle a chipotle and build something else with it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 07:13:34 pm »

I figured this place was just yankee wimpy okie mexican.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 07:42:22 pm »

That's the fact that they use almost entirely steel, plywood and other reusable materials. Theoretically you can dismantle a chipotle and build something else with it.

You could still do that even with some spray in insulation or cloth attenuation panels.  Cool

But hey that's just me.  Sound splash is like chewing on a swatch of velvet or fingernails on a chalk board to others...or acorn lights to patric.

I agree with your assessment in the other post about lack of seasoning.  I think most places tone it down as they think the American palate is too sensitive to handle serious heat.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 07:21:13 am »

My husband and I set foot inside the door and promptly turned around and left. The music was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. I didn't want a burrito bad enough to endure it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 08:58:20 am »

My husband and I set foot inside the door and promptly turned around and left. The music was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. I didn't want a burrito bad enough to endure it.

You know it’s bad when a musician leaves because the music is too loud.  I think we are creeping into old fartism.

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 12:24:46 pm »

You know it’s bad when a musician leaves because the music is too loud.  I think we are creeping into old fartism.

Depends on the music.   Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org