A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:29:23 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Did The 2014 Polar Bear  (Read 3497 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: January 03, 2014, 01:48:23 pm »

http://tatur.org/PolarPlunge.html  - I did the 2014 Polar Bear Plunge and it was much more easy than the one I did in 2013. Anyone here do the Polar Bear? Starts off with a 2 mile run then you jump into 3 icy pools spread apart.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 03:01:15 pm »

I didn't do the polar bear.

I am attracted to women.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 03:05:30 pm »

I didn't do the polar bear.

I am attracted to women.

That’s really polar phobic, RM.  You should be ashamed.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 10:26:26 am »

http://www.newson6.com/story/24343278/tulsans-continue-icy-tradition-with-polar-bear-plunge   I took part in Tulsa's tridition in 2013 & 2014.

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 10:34:55 am »

The Polar Bear event takes place at the west park, we had a ton of snacks and even free beer after the race. I warmed up by one of the fire pits as I enjoyed the snacks and mingled with the ladies. I signed up on race day so I had to get there early before it was sold out, I arrived around 10:45am. The girl at the registration desk said she only got a few hours sleep last night because on December 31st at 11:45pm she helped out with the New years Eve 5K race, she & the crew  had to stick around til all the runners finished the race then clean up the area and lock up the tent, Then on January 1st at 10:am she had to help set up for the Polar Bear event. It's alot of working doing a event like that. The first heat started at 1:PM and the 2nd heat at 1:30pm. I was in the 2nd heat~ IMO the two mile run is too short, they should make it a 5K and then you dive into the icy pools. I was told that before 2012 the Polar Bear Plunge was just a quick dip in the Arkansas River and it was over with. I guess Tatur Racing wanted to make the event longer and add some more thrills to the race so with the apartment complex pools and a jogging trail near by they put the two together and made a bigger event out of the Plunge. Lips sealed
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:41:06 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org