A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2018, 03:22:28 pm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Passenger Rail Set To Connect OKC, Tulsa  (Read 31647 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2018, 05:03:46 pm »

Way past due.   Finally someone is giving some serious thought to practical, affordable transport.

Republican buddies big oil and auto are really gonna hate this....

9 minutes - going up the country...

18:30 min - linear motor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19Z_i1bR0w

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:10:32 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I donít share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2018, 07:34:55 pm »

Philmont depends on the SW Chief which goes from Chicago to LA to get thousands of scouts and others to and from the ranch every year as well as other businesses around NE NM.  Looks like Amtrak is trying to shirk track maintenance costs and start running buses between Dodge City, Ks. and Albuquerque.  It's got our part of the state up in arms.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1193271/southwest-chief-rail-line-a-canary-in-the-coal-mine-ex-amtraks-decision-to-pull-back-from-agreement-to-back-northern-nm-service-may-signal-its-end.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the firstĒ -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2018, 12:54:46 pm »

Philmont depends on the SW Chief which goes from Chicago to LA to get thousands of scouts and others to and from the ranch every year as well as other businesses around NE NM.  Looks like Amtrak is trying to shirk track maintenance costs and start running buses between Dodge City, Ks. and Albuquerque.  It's got our part of the state up in arms.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1193271/southwest-chief-rail-line-a-canary-in-the-coal-mine-ex-amtraks-decision-to-pull-back-from-agreement-to-back-northern-nm-service-may-signal-its-end.html

There are winners and losers in every funding event.   If they fix that, what goes lacking??   We know this goes lacking since they are putting money elsewhere.  Couple of direct cause/effect moments here - 1, Congress making them do something.  2, Congress not funding it.

But hey, at least the richest got yet another big tax cut - and that is the important thing, after all.!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I donít share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org