A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:08:53 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White Flag  (Read 40806 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 04:16:21 pm »

Whiteflag got tagged last night I think.

Related?

No. That was from my followers. I don't blame them for wanting to honor me with paint.

Power is nothing till you use it.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 12:46:57 pm »

I had the "failure to communicate" and while I liked all of the ingredients that were listed on the menu, I did not like the way the "melded" on the burger. Other than my poor choice of toppings, the sandwich was good. 

My friend ordered a different burger and really enjoyed it. The curly fries were very good and the choices of Marshall's beer on tap was the biggest in town due to the recent Marshall's take over.

Service was good
I spoke to the chef* for several minutes and I could tell he was passionate about making a good sandwich and making the place successful.

Overall it was a good experience, but it wasn't good enough to steal me away from Fat Guy's for my rare burger fix (unless FG is closed).
I have to say that I love the fact that there are now at least 3 good burger offerings in downtown when ten years ago there were zero.  

*not sure what you call the chef in a hamburger joint.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 01:19:56 pm »

*not sure what you call the chef in a hamburger joint.

Chief burger flipper, I think.

What’s the third good burger place downtown?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 02:06:20 pm »

Ron's or Billy's?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »

Not that I would condone it regardless of style, but that has got to be some of the laziest graffiti I have seen anyone bother with in a long time.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 07:38:55 pm »

Ron's or Billy's?

Ron's isn't really downtown, and Billy's really isn't good. I'm going with The Tavern? The burger there is awesome. It's $15, but worth it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 08:58:36 pm »

Ron's isn't really downtown, and Billy's really isn't good. I'm going with The Tavern? The burger there is awesome. It's $15, but worth it.
It would have to be r-e-a-l-l-y awesome for me to want to spend $15 on a burger.  If that included a couple of Marshall's beers, then maybe.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 09:31:40 pm »

It would have to be r-e-a-l-l-y awesome for me to want to spend $15 on a burger.  If that included a couple of Marshall's beers, then maybe.

Kobe Beef, stilton cheese, cognac sauce. It's pretty damn strong.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2014, 08:11:50 am »

Sorry, can't buy into the Kobe beef lie:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2012/04/12/foods-biggest-scam-the-great-kobe-beef-lie/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2014/01/07/the-new-truth-about-kobe-beef-2/
saintnicster
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 08:15:36 am »

It's $13 normally and half price everyday after 9pm.
It isn't kobe/wagu beef.  They do their own grind from short rib and brisket, listed on their website.  The Stilton/Mushroom Cream Sauce is awesome, and it's all on a made in-house Challah bun.  Shoestring fries with salt, garlic, oil, and rosemary to round it out.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 08:37:23 am »

It's $13 normally and half price everyday after 9pm.It isn't kobe/wagu beef.  They do their own grind from short rib and brisket, listed on their website.  The Stilton/Mushroom Cream Sauce is awesome, and it's all on a made in-house Challah bun.  Shoestring fries with salt, garlic, oil, and rosemary to round it out.

Ok, I stand corrected, but it's still really good.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 09:30:03 am »

McNellie's makes a tasty charbroiled burger.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 10:00:56 am »

I like that White Flag has a pickle bar. I think it is fun to start the dining experience with sweet pickles and saltines. It is one of my favorite appetizers and is free (which makes it taste even better).

I also go to downtown Albert Gs and Goldie's hamburgers for the same reason.

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 11:47:28 am »

I like that White Flag has a pickle bar. I think it is fun to start the dining experience with sweet pickles and saltines. It is one of my favorite appetizers and is free (which makes it taste even better).

I also go to downtown Albert Gs and Goldie's hamburgers for the same reason.

Quizzno's had something similar, and look where they are now. Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:54:25 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 11:53:25 am »

Kobe, or not, I have a hard time paying more than $8.00 for a burger. I'd rather spend $13.00 for a nice ribeye and cook it myself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org