A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:42:30 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CVS buys Tally's corner??  (Read 19258 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 08:13:32 am »

Someone needs to make some "Coming Soon:  CVS" and "Future home of CVS" type signs and place them on that corner.

I posted this rumor on http://reddit.com/r/tulsa .   Consensus: Tally's sucks. without any regard that a CVS is far worse for that corner than a restaurant with poor heath inspections.

Reddit is clearly infiltrated with communists.  Tally's breakfast is awesome!
rebound
City Father

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 12:42:05 pm »

Agreed!  Love Tally's breakfast!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2015, 03:54:51 pm »

Flirting with the possibility of imminent Listeria infestation is always an exciting 'rush'....

But you are right - Talley's is good stuff!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 05:52:27 pm »

Update is that David Sharp bought the property. Tally's reportedly had a verbal right of refusal.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 05:59:43 pm »

The church really did him dirty.
http://m.krmg.com/news/news/local/tallys-good-food-cafe-not-closing-despite-rumors/nnCKf/

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 07:09:31 pm »

So what does this mean? No CVS?
saintnicster
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 07:53:23 pm »

So what does this mean? No CVS?
for now
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2015, 08:31:10 am »

for now

Yep.  If CVS or Walgreens wants that corner, there is no way Tally's can match the offer.  Those companies can outbid anyone and their projected profits would likely blow Tally's out of the water.  Profits over people.  If they want it, they'll get it.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2015, 06:46:54 pm »

The church responds: http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/church-responds-tallys-owners-accusations/nnCxZ/?nmredir=true

Hmmm...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2015, 10:54:02 am »

Good response from the church. Taking cash from "group A" or floating a five year note from Tally is a risk based decision. The members of the church decided and went with it.

If that's the truth, not sure where Tally was wronged. Disappointed, yes. But wronged?

He may have burned the bridge to lots of his Sunday morning crowd.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2015, 01:06:53 pm »

Good response from the church. Taking cash from "group A" or floating a five year note from Tally is a risk based decision. The members of the church decided and went with it.

If that's the truth, not sure where Tally was wronged. Disappointed, yes. But wronged?

He may have burned the bridge to lots of his Sunday morning crowd.

I don’t get where the risk was to the church unless they owed money on the property or were in a cash crunch and needed the funds now, not spread over five years.  If he defaulted, it’s a high traffic intersection, they wouldn’t have to sit on he property for long or worry about a deficiency balance if they foreclosed. 

By all appearances, this seems to be a lucrative business which has been around for nearly 30 years.  They live in a $1.2 million house a few blocks from Cascia Hall.  Somehow they managed to obtain a mortgage for that.

I ran the numbers and at 6%, that would have been roughly a $20,000 per month payment.  I can’t imagine they are charging him that much in rent.

There again maybe one of the church members ran an OSCN on Tally and his wife and figured they weren’t the sort of people to engage in a major contract with them.  The Alames seem to spend more time in civil court than Michael Sager.

http://www.oscn.net/dockets/Results.aspx?db=tulsa&number=&lname=alame&fname=&mname=&ident=&DoBMin=&DoBMax=&partytype=&apct=&dcct=&FiledDateL=&FiledDateH=&ClosedDateL=&ClosedDateH=&iLCType=&iYear=&iNumber=&citation=

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2015, 06:38:04 am »

The church can have $2mil (or whatever) in pocket now, or wait until 5 years to collect payments. 2mil cash is inherently less risky. Payments can be a serious pain, expense, and time suck if they go bad. Some banks apparently looked at it and said "nope, not worth it" and walked away. Why would a church take the risk a bank wouldn't?

My point is the church considered options and made a choice. Tally wasn't rebuffed for an arbitrary reason.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2015, 07:34:29 am »

Wish there were pedestrian/transit zoning in place.  That way at least whatever was built there would be up to the sidewalk again and would help out, rather than hurt, any new transit in the area. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
davideinstein
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 10:45:32 pm »

Wish there were pedestrian/transit zoning in place.  That way at least whatever was built there would be up to the sidewalk again and would help out, rather than hurt, any new transit in the area. 

That's honestly my only concern. If there is a CVS built with the same design then I don't really care.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org