A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:47:03 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ladies are unwell... Gentlemen vomit"  (Read 5968 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: December 15, 2013, 01:09:15 pm »

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/dec/15/peter-o-toole-dies-81

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:32:56 pm »

An acting legend is gone. Someone I know seriously tried to equate his and Paul Walker's death. Paul was a great man in his own right, but nowhere near the actor as O'Toole.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 08:35:02 am »

An acting legend is gone. Someone I know seriously tried to equate his and Paul Walker's death. Paul was a great man in his own right, but nowhere near the actor as O'Toole.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If Walker hadn’t died, I still wouldn’t have a clue who he was.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 10:50:09 am »

If Walker hadn’t died, I still wouldn’t have a clue who he was.

I'm right there with ya, but I'm sure that's an age thing.  Ask  a 20-something who Peter O'Toole is and see what they say. 

Laurence of Arabia is still one of my favorite movies. O'Toole was one of the best over-actors ever.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 12:20:18 pm »

Laurence of Arabia is still one of my favorite movies.

In the middle of one of the wide shots, my thought was "Jesus, this movie isn't over yet?"
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 07:57:33 pm »

Joan Fontaine also died over the weekend.

And Tom Laughlin (from the "Billy Jack" movie series).  And what, one might ask, would be the connection between "Billy Jack" and WKRP in Cinncinnatti...??

LAE.   ("Left as excercise" to the observer to find out.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org