A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:24:27 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Einstein Bros. Bagels Opening Downtown Location  (Read 25283 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2013, 05:25:21 am »

Guess I'm one of those that frequented Einstein Bros Bagels and miss them where I am. I don't know if they are frozen or fresh at each location, but the one's that I went to in Arizona were really good, and if we needed a variety of bagels and a variety of schmeers of cream cheese, they are one of the best choices, unless you are close to Chompie's. And  forget Adam Richman and his Jewish Slider challenge.

Try eating this pastrami Rueben......

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2013, 07:07:10 am »

Guess I'm one of those that frequented Einstein Bros Bagels and miss them where I am. I don't know if they are frozen or fresh at each location, but the one's that I went to in Arizona were really good, and if we needed a variety of bagels and a variety of schmeers of cream cheese, they are one of the best choices, unless you are close to Chompie's. And  forget Adam Richman and his Jewish Slider challenge.

Try eating this pastrami Rueben......

That looks amazingly similar to something a co-worker of mine ate yesterday at, of all places, Jason's Deli.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2013, 10:20:14 am »

That’s a fine mound of pastrami

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2013, 12:54:34 pm »

That looks amazingly similar to something a co-worker of mine ate yesterday at, of all places, Jason's Deli.

Jason's isn't bad for a national chain. The thing I love about Chompie's and a couple of others in Phoenix is they make their own pastrami, corned beef, breads, bagels, bialys, cannoli's.

After eating that pastrami Rueben, I did not need to eat the rest of the day.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2013, 10:47:17 pm »

Haven't been to the 5th & Boulder location yet.  I remember eating at one of their places in the Kansas City area about 20 or 25 years ago.  It was called Bagel & Bagel then (I think).
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2014, 12:07:12 pm »

A friend lives right by there and is glad to see that vacant gas station replaced.  Hoping the old Border's gets a new life soon, maybe as a small grocery store. 

Einsteins has barely been open and already half their landscaping is dead or dying.
Too bad they arent compelled to water them in 100F heat.

I would probably recommend a modest neon "OPEN" sign for that location, as it's nearly impossible to tell when they are.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2014, 01:40:19 pm »

Einsteins has barely been open and already half their landscaping is dead or dying.
Too bad they arent compelled to water them in 100F heat.

I would probably recommend a modest neon "OPEN" sign for that location, as it's nearly impossible to tell when they are.

Odd hours too.  Don’t they close at 2pm or 4pm?  They can’t figure out how to do a dinner menu?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2014, 02:04:37 pm »

Odd hours too.  Don’t they close at 2pm or 4pm?  They can’t figure out how to do a dinner menu?

They close at 4. 
They seem to be limiting themselves to the nearby office building clientele, not realizing people are coming by in the evenings to locked doors.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2014, 02:21:16 pm »

Even with completely dead landscaping, this is still way better than the old Citgo station.  I thought they stayed open later than 4 because it seems like they are still open when I go by at 6 or so.
TheAnsonia
Citizen

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2014, 02:22:45 pm »

They close at 4. 
They seem to be limiting themselves to the nearby office building clientele, not realizing people are coming by in the evenings to locked doors.

I don't necessarily blame them for not doing dinner hours as a bagel/lunch shop, but I do wish they were open for breakfast and lunch on the weekends.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2014, 02:26:41 pm »

As discussed earlier in this thread ALL Einstein Bagel shops nationwide close after lunch.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org