A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:58:47 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cops with big guns at Promenade  (Read 34245 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2013, 08:10:58 pm »

You and RM need to get beyond your condescension.   

I actually help victims of this abuse.

All hail guido. Viva la guido.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2013, 11:22:00 pm »

Ain't my feelings towards a poster, it's my reality towards an anti-cop obsessive. I have read over and over that guy's incessant attacks on police, and the fact I am calling him out--in this context--is more than appropriate. You and RM need to get beyond your condescension.   

As for police misconduct in general, other than b!tching about it, what else does he or anyone in here do about it? I actually help victims of this abuse. But I keep in mind that these people are in large part doing the best they can, risking their lives, and doing good works.

Get over yourself
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2013, 08:43:05 am »

Government only seems adept at making things more complicated.  We would need a whole new bureaucracy with 5000+ agents to oversee that clusterfark.

When government legalizes anything it has the need to regulate it to death to keep the weak, dumb ones from hurting themselves.

You mean like regulating voting in Oklahoma - requiring ID - to protect us from ourselves by continuously voting for Jim Inhofe, Mary Failin', and Doobie Bartlett...?

Oh, wait....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2013, 08:46:58 am »

Why?  Just put it under the same agency that regulates tobacco and/or alcohol.  Problem solved.

Why put it under any agency?  That's just another form of prohibition.  We don't have a bloated, pseudo-military regulatory agency for oak trees, poinsettias, or bermuda grass...why would marijuana need one?

BATF is the bloated, pseudo-military organization, in case anyone is still confused about them and their nonsense.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2013, 09:09:10 am »

Why put it under any agency?  That's just another form of prohibition.  We don't have a bloated, pseudo-military regulatory agency for oak trees, poinsettias, or bermuda grass...why would marijuana need one?

BATF is the bloated, pseudo-military organization, in case anyone is still confused about them and their nonsense.

Because that’s the way government rolls, that’s why.  It’s like the Jack Nicholson quote from “As Good As It Gets” about how he writes about women so well.  There is no reason nor accountability with federal bureaucracy. In fact, many seem to exist only for the purpose of absurdity.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2013, 10:09:53 am »

They exist for jobs, tax collections and protection from soul-less corporations who would spray marijuana coatings on children's cereal if they could.

Whatever bureau oversees food and tobacco would suffice. Health dept?

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2013, 10:22:21 am »

They exist for jobs, tax collections and protection from soul-less corporations who would spray marijuana coatings on children's cereal if they could.

The trick is to collect more in taxes than are spent on salaries and overhead to collect those taxes.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2013, 10:23:56 am »

Why put it under any agency? 

Generally, the food and drug folk exist in order to make sure the product meets certain quality standards. I would think you of all people would want quality bud.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2013, 10:27:26 am »

The trick is to collect more in taxes than are spent on salaries and overhead to collect those taxes.

That is a failing we can all agree on. David Boren championed bottom up accounting when he was governor. He wanted each department to submit a budget from scratch each fiscal year and justify each expense rather than taking the previous budget and adding a % for inflation, growth, salaries etc. That would force managers to establish objectives and the cost to reach them. I don't remember if he had much success.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2013, 10:32:20 am »

That is a failing we can all agree on. David Boren championed bottom up accounting when he was governor. He wanted each department to submit a budget from scratch each fiscal year and justify each expense rather than taking the previous budget and adding a % for inflation, growth, salaries etc. That would force managers to establish objectives and the cost to reach them. I don't remember if he had much success.

I don't remember either but I do have full confidence in our government that he did not.  Too bad.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2013, 12:24:38 pm »

I would like the City of Tulsa to see this logic. 65 to 95 Thousand a year for 1 Officer's salary is absurd.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2013, 03:06:40 pm »

Generally, the food and drug folk exist in order to make sure the product meets certain quality standards. I would think you of all people would want quality bud.

I will grow my own, thus assuring both quality and quantity!  Organic, of course!!  When we reach that point, I might even share a baggy with you so you can judge for yourself....

Just like the food that I grow and can/preserve.  Using as many heritage, open-pollinated seed as possible - which is essentially all.  With no chemical applications beyond what comes from a mowed pasture, leaves in the fall, and the backside of an herbivore farm animal, combined for the right amount of time, at temperature, to make the only fertilizer worthy of the name - compost.  (I am about as rabid about that as I am about gun-control.)

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2013, 07:53:18 pm »

Take a guess as to what law enforcement agency wrote this story in exchange for some exclusive ride-alongs.....
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Commission-set-to-stop-underage-people-from/L0zKRvsjcUS_dlsT77cUeQ.cspx

Someday, medical professionals may prevail:
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2013/11/arizona_medical_marijuana_chronic_pain_gina_mecagni.php

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2013, 07:31:22 pm »

Get over yourself
I am. Going to the sidelines where you and RM live. As for you RM, you are a walking talking monument/Spam machine to yourself. How many FB postings, stories in here, etc. have we read about trash/waste control? You can bet I will be "viva la RM" from now on. I mean, if people really give 2 smiles about trash... Tongue
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:34:03 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2013, 02:15:30 pm »

You can bet I will be "viva la RM" from now on.

Don't.
Stop.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org