A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:51:26 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cops with big guns at Promenade  (Read 34241 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 10:45:28 pm »

Now the potheads in Colorado are pissed off about corporate MJ since it was legalized.  Did we not see that coming?

Who says dope doesn't make you stupid?

The problem with that is Colorado is trying to put a stranglehold on regulating it.  Model it after tobacco regulation and it will be a lot better.

Hell, just legalize it nationally and that would solve a lot of problems.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 10:49:43 pm »

Latin American drug cartels wouldn't like that at all!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 11:21:35 pm »

Latin American drug cartels wouldn't like that at all!

Oh well...the mobs/gangs/OC didn't like when prohibition was repealed.  We somehow got through that.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 08:47:28 am »

Government only seems adept at making things more complicated.  We would need a whole new bureaucracy with 5000+ agents to oversee that clusterfark.

When government legalizes anything it has the need to regulate it to death to keep the weak, dumb ones from hurting themselves.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 08:54:08 am »

I'm a big fan of legalization and natural selection!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2013, 08:56:05 am »

Government only seems adept at making things more complicated.  We would need a whole new bureaucracy with 5000+ agents to oversee that clusterfark.

When government legalizes anything it has the need to regulate it to death to keep the weak, dumb ones from hurting themselves.

Why?  Just put it under the same agency that regulates tobacco and/or alcohol.  Problem solved.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2013, 09:10:54 am »

Why?  Just put it under the same agency that regulates tobacco and/or alcohol.  Problem solved.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2013, 10:25:13 am »

That’s too obvious and logical of a solution, Hoss.  Even if they did that, I’m sure they would see the “need" to add thousands to government payroll to oversee it.  Metastasis is all our current leaders seem to understand.

Besides the private prison company lobbyists will never allow it.  There’s simply too much tax payer money flowing into their coffers for keeping evil and dangerous dope smokers off our sidewalks.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 01:42:10 pm »

That’s too obvious and logical of a solution, Hoss.  Even if they did that, I’m sure they would see the “need" to add thousands to government payroll to oversee it.  Metastasis is all our current leaders seem to understand.

Besides the private prison company lobbyists will never allow it.  There’s simply too much tax payer money flowing into their coffers for keeping evil and dangerous dope smokers off our sidewalks.

Oh, I'm not saying they wouldn't try to do it, I'm just pointing out the most logical solution in the hopes that someone would buck the system and actually listen.

I'm not sure what happened there.  Must have had a brain fart.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2013, 09:00:14 am »

Love this story about our police.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/two-tulsa-police-officers-elated-to-assist-in-birth/article_573666fa-56b8-5e14-a752-8b76e01b58bf.html

Most disappointed? Patric, of course.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2013, 11:34:30 am »

And Nasherda Verde or whatever the Hell that name is.  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2013, 12:30:06 pm »

You two are harsh.

patric has pointed out many examples of police brutality and or police abuse. It turns out that he is often right and that there are some bad apples in any barrel.

I am glad that a citizen like him cares and writes about them. The stories are not generally picked up or explained from traditional media. Can he be obsessive? Yes. But no more obsessive than guido or gaspar writing about democrats.

guido and patric are very alike. Embrace the differences rather than attack them.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2013, 01:00:15 pm »

You two are harsh.

patric has pointed out many examples of police brutality and or police abuse. It turns out that he is often right and that there are some bad apples in any barrel.

I am glad that a citizen like him cares and writes about them. The stories are not generally picked up or explained from traditional media. Can he be obsessive? Yes. But no more obsessive than guido or gaspar writing about democrats.

guido and patric are very alike. Embrace the differences rather than attack them.

It's a nice story.  It's a shame it has to be made into something negative due to feelings toward another poster.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2013, 04:50:59 pm »

It's a nice story.  It's a shame it has to be made into something negative due to feelings toward another poster.

Ain't my feelings towards a poster, it's my reality towards an anti-cop obsessive. I have read over and over that guy's incessant attacks on police, and the fact I am calling him out--in this context--is more than appropriate. You and RM need to get beyond your condescension.   

As for police misconduct in general, other than b!tching about it, what else does he or anyone in here do about it? I actually help victims of this abuse. But I keep in mind that these people are in large part doing the best they can, risking their lives, and doing good works.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
MyDogHunts
Activist

ascetic hedonist

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2013, 05:37:17 pm »

I have to say I have had the best of treatment by the Tulsa blue.  I was given a mickey-drugged-drink one night in the Blue Dome District and walked out the bar very messed up.  The police responded and even though I had been drinking, after I told them I think someone had given me a mickey, they accepted this and even drove me to a friends house in Brady Heights.  Maybe the Jail was crowded, but if I ever could have been busted it was then; and they showed me mercy.  But I walk a tight line.  I do not want the police to have a need to mess with me.  I walk a line so straight you could open a pop bottle down there.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:38:51 pm by MyDogHunts » Logged

I ran from OK about 50-yrs. ago & in 2010 I saw downtown's potential.

Tulsa's in a Phoenix rise, reason enough to stick around.

Besides... you can't fully be an Okie except in Oklahoma.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org