A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:29:28 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cops with big guns at Promenade  (Read 34240 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: December 04, 2013, 02:33:17 pm »

My wife is working at the university (OU Tulsa) today and about 20 cops came whizzing by my office window (66th and Sheridan) at a very high rate of speed.  She says they arrived at the intersection of 41st, Yale and one slid into the middle of the intersection and stopped traffic.  He was carrying what she believed to be an AR-15 and wearing body armor.

Anyone know?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »

She just said a guy got shot dead in the street.

saintnicster
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:55:46 pm »

http://www.newson6.com/story/24136137/police-chase-ends-near-promenade-mall

The third police chase in 24 hours in Tulsa ended near 43rd Street and Yale Avenue about 2 p.m. and the driver of the car has been pronounced dead.
The man driving the small sedan was firing shots at officers during the chase, News On 6 sources say. We have not confirmed if officers fired back or the cause of the man's death.

Osage SkyNews 6 captured the chase in its final moments. The car finally came to a rest in the median on Yale near the south side of Promenade Mall.

TPD officers quickly surrounded the vehicle with guns drawn for a few minutes, then moved closer behind bulletproof shields toward the car before determining the driver was unresponsive.

According to SkyNews 6 pilot Will Kavanagh, EMSA did not make any attempt to perform lifesaving measures.

Crime scene tape has been strung across the road and officers are processing the scene.

Drivers should prepare to take an alternate route this afternoon.

The Northern Oklahoma Violent Task Force was involved in the chase.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/photos/police-pursuit-ends-when-suspect-turns-gun-himself/ncBkN/

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 03:24:38 pm »

They flew by my woman's work at 26th and Sheridan. She text me at 2:09 P.M.

She said that it was just undercover, truck and Police SUV that were traveling at a high speed headed South.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:28:31 pm by DolfanBob » Logged

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 03:33:45 pm »

I saw the first-responder vehicle lights as I was coming back from our company Christmas luncheon at the Doubletree Warren Place while driving north on Yale.  I got on 44 eastbound, but the traffic looked horrible north of the I-44 bridge.  Wondered what that was.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 03:47:57 pm »

They flew by my woman's work at 26th and Sheridan. She text me at 2:09 P.M.

She said that it was just undercover, truck and Police SUV that were traveling at a high speed headed South.

Yeah. All of the cars that zipped by my office were black and brown unmarked.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 03:54:00 pm »

Now this is the report:
He took off in a vehicle, and led police on a chase that lasted about a half hour, during which TPD says he fired at officers at three different locations.
Using a shotgun, he shot at his pursuers near 65th and Sheridan, 21st and Yale, and 38th and Yale.
At 41st and Yale, police say, he rammed a TPD vehicle and officers opened fire on him.
It's unclear if they hit him, but within two blocks he wrecked the car on the median.
At that point, police say the man turned a gun on himself and committed suicide.
They have not released his name.
Police have not reported any injuries  to officers.

When they flew by 65th and Sheridan (I have the corner office at exactly 65th and Sheridan) I heard and saw no gunfire.  Just speeding cars.  I suppose I turned my head around too late to see the the assailant's vehicle as they all blazed up the hill, but I certainly heard no shots!?

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 04:28:51 pm »

Yeah. All of the cars that zipped by my office were black and brown unmarked.

Task force.  Something didnt go as planned.
I counted eleven marked vehicles southbound in just the time it took me to cross Yale on the BA.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
MyDogHunts
Activist

ascetic hedonist

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 04:45:44 pm »

I just got back from a walk.  Something said to go to Best Buy.  Saw a ton of re-route traffic but didn't know why.

Why were there no sirens?  I didn't hear them from Harvard & 41st.

I ran from OK about 50-yrs. ago & in 2010 I saw downtown's potential.

Tulsa's in a Phoenix rise, reason enough to stick around.

Besides... you can't fully be an Okie except in Oklahoma.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 04:51:44 pm »

I just got back from a walk.  Something said to go to Best Buy.  Saw a ton of re-route traffic but didn't know why.

Why were there no sirens?  I didn't hear them from Harvard & 41st.

Would have been from the wrong direction.  They were chasing from east to west.. you west of the furthest-most western part of the chase.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 07:57:27 pm »

Meth will do that to ya every time!

Kid named Chris...friend of a family friend's kid.  Friend's kid needs to choose his friends better...

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:00:19 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 08:13:40 pm »

Would have been from the wrong direction.  They were chasing from east to west.. you west of the furthest-most western part of the chase.

They were flying red south past 36th & Yale while I was waiting on 36th to turn north on Yale.  MC nearly got clobbered by a brown unmarked unit that turned west off Darlington onto 27th Pl, ostensibly trying to intercept at Yale.  She said even more units were flying west on 31st once she got to Hudson.

I suspect this was an all units call-out.  Must have been at least 30-40 units when I crossed Yale on I-44 30 minutes later.  Wild how many people just on here saw or heard the procession going by.  I'm normally home for lunch and gone much earlier but couldn't get away from the office at noon today.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 09:39:34 pm »

Was something wrong with the helicopter, or do they just enjoy driving around town GTA style, putting innocent bystanders at risk?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 11:29:59 pm »

Was something wrong with the helicopter, or do they just enjoy driving around town GTA style, putting innocent bystanders at risk?

I've found that taunting people form helicopters rarely makes them surrender. The only exclusion is if said helicopter was Airwolf, or if you're in a pinch, Blue Thunder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org