A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:51:24 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Basketball Association Action.  (Read 67636 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2014, 11:53:25 pm »

I have done well in Vegas this week betting on the Thunder. The NBA is covering my blackjack losses.

Curry is keeping me in profit tonight.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2014, 12:29:05 am »

I have done well in Vegas this week betting on the Thunder. The NBA is covering my blackjack losses.

Think big and aim high.
Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2014, 05:33:08 pm »

The Thunder can also keep you fed these days.  White Flag has been offering up free burgers when the Thunder score over 105 points in a game.  I don't know how many burgers WF has given out during the past month with this promotion since they've been scoring like crazy.  But it will be interesting to see if and how much longer WF can continue the promotion.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2014, 02:07:45 pm »

National Basketball Association Expansion-Relocation?

"As evidence, Stern pointed to the number of international players entering the league, specifically from Africa. Indeed, the NBA's growth in popularity internationally is a key reason the league could support not only one or two additional teams but potentially several more."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10447496/nba-world-talent-pool-support-nba-expansion

Previously, there had been talk of adding two to possibly as many as six franchises to the current 30 NBA with a 32-36 team format.  The new commissioner isn't to keen on expansion or relocation.  Could Memphis & New Orleans be among current NBA markets with relocation in mind?

Most of what's been in the press about expansion-relocation has been centered around markets like Kansas City, Las Vegas, Louisville, Norfolk-Virginia Beach, Richmond, Seattle, St. Louis and Vancouver B. C.

St. Louis (Hawks to Atlanta), Kansas City (Kings to Sacramento), Vancouver (Grizzlies to Memphis) and Seattle (Supersonics to OKC) are among former cities which would get a second look for possible expansion and/or relocation.

There are some current cities struggling to support their NBA franchises like New Orleans and Memphis.  Memphis has the Memphis State basketball in the same market as does Louisville with the University of Louisville in their market.

The KFC Yum Center does have its concerns:  http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/02/controversy-in-louisvilles-lease-with-the-yum-center/

Louisville is the currently the best equipped city to handle expansion with the KFC Yum Center which could be retrofitted for the NBA with a reduced size of 20,000 placing it among the largest NBA arena.

Las Vegas has been one of those cities in which the Fab Four (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) Leagues have avoid in the past because of the gambling element.

Seattle comes into the mix with big money behind a privately funded arena which would require a two tenant (NBA-NHL) occupancy moving forward.  The NHL isn't looking to expand or relocate at the current time.

Missouri:  Kansas City & St. Louis are considered overextended markets at this time.    Denver is an overextended market doing great supporting MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL & MLS.  Missouri's two largest cities does possess facilities which could easily accommodate the NBA.

Vancouver, B.C.  could the NBA return to this area of the Pacific Northwest?

Virginia:  Norfolk-Virginia Beach (1.7 million) and Richmond (1.3 million) has been somewhat on the NBA's radar; these areas are less than 100 miles apart.  There is no current arena in any of these areas which could support an NBA franchise.

The NBA has rejected the idea of the San Jose, CA market getting an NBA franchise although it has a facility; because of its proximity to current NBA franchises in Oakland-San Francisco (Warriors) and the Sacramento Kings in that valley.  Yet, California maintains that should the Kings attempt to exit, San Jose, Anaheim and San Diego would attempt to lure the Kings to those cities.  There is no current facility in San Diego capable of long-term housing of an NBA or NHL franchise.

Where would be the best markets for the NBA to possibly expand or relocate?  Is there dark-horse city on the NBA's horizon like Albuquerque, Mexico City or Omaha in the mix?

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2014, 01:42:38 pm »

George Kaiser buys Thunder stake

Tulsa businessman George B. Kaiser is the newest co-owner of the Oklahoma City Thunder after buying out the ownership interest of Tom Ward.

http://newsok.com/george-kaiser-buys-thunder-stake/article/4056832

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2014, 06:52:26 pm »

NBA in TULSA:   Timberwolves vs. Thunder, Sunday, October 19, BOK Center - 7:00 P.M.

What's coming out of Barcelona?
 Rockets sign Greek forward Kostas Papanikolaou to two-year deal

Papanikolaou played for FC Barcelona Basquet last season and averaged 6.9 points in 25 minutes per game. He has won two Euroleague titles.

This offseason, the Rockets lost forward Chandler Parsons in free agency to the Dallas Mavericks and replaced him with Trevor Ariza.

Rockets sign Kostas Papanikolaou to two-year, $4.8 million deal - NBA - SI.com

Tyler Pleiss, a Thunder draftee, will spend the upcoming season in Barcelona...  ...Thunder intend to bring the center to Oklahoma City for the 2015-16 season

24 years old, 7'1'' - 180 lbs.,  Pleiss brings a great deal of size to that frontcourt though and has the ability to stretch the floor with his shooting.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:57:03 pm by Laramie » Logged

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2014, 08:10:08 pm »

Too skinny. He will never score ten points in a game in the NBA.

I am willing to bet that if you are interested.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2014, 09:14:40 pm »

Correction:  My Bad!

Tibor Pleiss
German, 7'1"  269 lb  Center

Tibor; not Tyler

Thanks, RecycleMichael for calling that to my attention.

davideinstein
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2014, 05:15:51 am »

Hornets are back!!!
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2014, 06:21:21 am »

Hornets are back!!!

There's a spray for that.

Cheesy

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2014, 08:27:09 am »

Anyone know if excursion trains from Sapulpa to MWC will be running this year for Thunder games?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2014, 11:46:09 am »

Anyone know if excursion trains from Sapulpa to MWC will be running this year for Thunder games?

Eastern Flyer (877) 726-7245

There's a new passenger rail service connecting the Oklahoma City
  metro and Tulsa. The "Eastern Flyer" is presented by Iowa Pacific
  and Stillwater Central Railroad and it will run between Midwest City
  and Sapulpa.

The first trip is slated for February 9, followed by additional
  trips on Feb. 15 and 23, 2014. Train departures from Sapulpa are at 8
  a.m., returning to Sapulpa at 6:30 p.m. Packages and fares start at
  $70 per adult and $64 per child.

Here's a link:  http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,3270231

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2014, 03:25:47 pm »

Eastern Flyer (877) 726-7245

There's a new passenger rail service connecting the Oklahoma City
  metro and Tulsa. The "Eastern Flyer" is presented by Iowa Pacific
  and Stillwater Central Railroad and it will run between Midwest City
  and Sapulpa.

The first trip is slated for February 9, followed by additional
  trips on Feb. 15 and 23, 2014. Train departures from Sapulpa are at 8
  a.m., returning to Sapulpa at 6:30 p.m. Packages and fares start at
  $70 per adult and $64 per child.

Here's a link:  http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,3270231

That would be awesome if that news story weren’t nine months old.  Unfortunately, the newest news on it is from last Feb.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2015, 05:31:31 pm »

NBA Draft 2015

Thunder select Cameron Payne of Murray State:

Left handed, H: 6' 2" W: 183 lbs., point guard, could be good replacement for D. J. Augustin.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Cameron-Payne-70346/

On Friday, the website DraftExpress.com reported that Payne, a lefty, sustained a "non-displaced fracture in his ring finger," on his right hand during a recent workout in Denver. According to the site, Payne will sit out for three weeks, which means he likely will miss his first action with his new team if he joins an organization that competes in the Orlando Summer League (July 4-10).--source IndyStar Insider

Billy Donovan's challenge will be to take this young man to the next level.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:40:52 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2015, 06:01:55 pm »

Oklahoma City Thunder 2015-16 schedule released:

October: 2 GP:   1 home/1 away

November: 16 GP:  10 home/6 away
          December:  15 GP:  9 home/6 away

January:  16 GP:  7 home/9 away
          February:  11 GP:  6 Home/5 away

March:  16 GP:  7 home/9 away
          April:  6 GP:  1 home/5 away

April:  First 4 of 6 games on the road (Houston, Denver, Portland & Sacramento); then home against Los Angeles, close out the season @San Antonio.

Nationally televised:  ESPN: 10 - NBA  TV (blacked out):  9 - TNT:  9 - ABC - 5  (24 nationally televised games).

Turner Media NBA version:  http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/thunder/ThunderBroadcastSked-201516.pdf

ESPN version:  http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/okc

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org