A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:16:10 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Basketball Association Action.  (Read 67638 times)
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 12:55:46 am »

Listed below are some key impact players on NBA teams who could be out for an indefinite period of time.

This has been an unusual year for NBA player injuries:

Eastern Conference

Al Horford, Atlanta
Brook Lopez, Andrei Kirilenko, Brooklyn
Rajon Rondo, Boston
Brendan Haywood, Charlotte
Derrick Rose, Chicago
Chauncey Billups, Detroit
Zaza Pachulia, Carlos Delfino, Milwaukee
Carmelo Anthony, New York
Jason Richardson, Philadelphia
Glen Rice Jr., Al Harrington, Washington

Western Conference

Devin Harris, Dallas
JaVale McGee, Danilo Gallinari, Denver
Jermaine O'Neal, Golden State
Omer Asik, Houston
Reggie Bullock, L.A. Clippers
Kobe Bryant, Steve Blake, Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers
Quincy Pondexter, Marc Gasol, Memphis
Ronny Turiaf, Minnesota
Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City
Emeka Okafor, Phoenix
Carl Landry, Sacramento

Basketball Injury News and Analysis - Rotoworld.com

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 09:41:25 pm »

If you'd like to have a discussion about gun control, please start your own thread in the politics section.

Actually, I was talking with Rookie about OKC activities and just made a small comment in reply to one of his about soccer - as a very small side note - as soccer should be in a basketball thread (and perhaps elsewhere, given it's small North American presence compared to sports like curling?).  Perhaps you missed that whole concept in Thread Posting 101...?

Perhaps an overly defensive posture on soccer is an "overcompensating" reaction?  Not just limited to people with their big guns, I guess....

Happy New Year, anyway!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 12:34:16 am »

^  More nonsense.  ^   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:41:11 am by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 05:58:20 pm »

Actually, I was talking with Rookie about OKC activities and just made a small comment in reply to one of his about soccer - as a very small side note - as soccer should be in a basketball thread (and perhaps elsewhere, given it's small North American presence compared to sports like curling?).  Perhaps you missed that whole concept in Thread Posting 101...?

Perhaps an overly defensive posture on soccer is an "overcompensating" reaction?  Not just limited to people with their big guns, I guess....

Happy New Year, anyway!!

It's courteous to stay on topic as you post on threads; unfortunately, non conformity will always be a challenge throughout life.   We have to work among ourselves to maintain topic flow in the continuity of civil discourse.   We're all in this place we call the United States; it's a blessing when we all work together.  We live in a great country in which freedom of speech is taken for granted. You never stop learning...

We are thankful for having a forum like Tulsa Now with the caliber of posters who frequent this message board.

Stay positive and be courteous to those who post; we share this message board and value it as a vehicle in which we can express ourselves in exercising the freedoms this country has permitted us to enjoy. 

Thank you, Tulsa Now.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.”
― Voltaire

Happy New Year fellow posters! I've learned a lot from posting and reading views contributed by those who cultivate this forum. 

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 06:41:02 pm »

I don't get you Laramie.

You don't live or work here. Yet you are always telling us how good we are and how someday we might get a team as wonderful as your OKC Thunder. You constantly try talking about the NBA on a Tulsa forum, then post pictures about Tulsa icons.

Why do you post on TulsaNow?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 11:51:26 pm »

UNBELIEVEABLE!

Oklahoma Defeats Alabama 45-31

I'll awake tomorrow morning and discover that it was all a dream...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 12:42:13 pm »

It's courteous to stay on topic as you post on threads; unfortunately, non conformity will always be a challenge throughout life.   We have to work among ourselves to maintain topic flow in the continuity of civil discourse.   We're all in this place we call the United States; it's a blessing when we all work together.  We live in a great country in which freedom of speech is taken for granted. You never stop learning...

We are thankful for having a forum like Tulsa Now with the caliber of posters who frequent this message board.

Stay positive and be courteous to those who post; we share this message board and value it as a vehicle in which we can express ourselves in exercising the freedoms this country has permitted us to enjoy.  

Thank you, Tulsa Now.

I think I have mentioned in the past that one of my "guiding lights" is the Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Perhaps the corollary would be an additional guideline - Do unto others as they do unto you.

I haven't check your posts specifically, so am wondering if there was a similar admonishment to the soccer guy in past posts involving much less than civil discourse?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 12:43:10 pm »

^  More nonsense.  ^   Roll Eyes

Catchy comeback!  Much like a 14 year old junior high girl....

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 06:08:28 pm »

^ Another personal attack ^

My views on soccer have nothing to do with my views on gun control, politics, religion, or basketball.
And I don't have the time to respond to every bit of soccer trolling nonsense you spew forth on this forum.

Have a nice day.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:12:12 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 08:06:37 pm »

I don't get you Laramie.

You don't live or work here. Yet you are always telling us how good we are and how someday we might get a team as wonderful as your OKC Thunder. You constantly try talking about the NBA on a Tulsa forum, then post pictures about Tulsa icons.

Why do you post on TulsaNow?

Laramie is just overcompensating for OKC because the only thing people know about OKC is the Thunder and a bunch of street racing rednecks on Discovery Channel.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2014, 01:34:38 pm »

^ Another personal attack ^

My views on soccer have nothing to do with my views on gun control, politics, religion, or basketball.
And I don't have the time to respond to every bit of soccer trolling nonsense you spew forth on this forum.

Have a nice day.

Gotta try to catch up.... in quantity and lack of quality...

Oops...was that another one?  Naw....

But it's getting boring.  Lack of challenge.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:38:22 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2014, 03:52:58 pm »

Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors

How did this guy slip through the radar of so many NBA teams in the 2009 NBA draft? 

He was the 7th draft pick in the 2009 NBA draft selected by the Golden State Warriors.  The same year the Thunder selected James Harden; Timberwolves chose Ricky Rubio and the  Clippers picked OU's Blake Griffin as the No. 1 pick in the overall draft.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/stephen_curry/
Stephen Curry

James Harden

Ricky Rubio

Minnesota had a chance to draft Rubio along with Curry; instead they went with Johnny Flynn, he was the sixth draft pick in the 2009 NBA draft.

Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2014, 04:38:05 pm »

Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors

How did this guy slip through the radar of so many NBA teams in the 2009 NBA draft? 

He was the 7th draft pick in the 2009 NBA draft selected by the Golden State Warriors.  The same year the Thunder selected James Harden; Timberwolves chose Ricky Rubio and the  Clippers picked OU's Blake Griffin as the No. 1 pick in the overall draft.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/stephen_curry/
Stephen Curry

James Harden

Ricky Rubio

Minnesota had a chance to draft Rubio along with Curry; instead they went with Johnny Flynn, he was the sixth draft pick in the 2009 NBA draft.

Laramie, the #7 pick is still in the lottery.  In this case, it wasn't exactly under the radar.  The 1st four teams selected mainly on the basis of need.  Blake, Harden, and Tyreke Evans have all worked out very well.  Hasheem Thabeet, oh well there is always going to be some team hoping that they can turn a 7'3" project into the next Kareem.  The Timberwolves were really the team that passed on Steph by taking 2 PG's at #5 and #6, R. Rubio and  J. Flynn, respectively, and apparently missed the mark with both.  Rubio is a good passer but an absolute awful shooter. Curry for as great as he is on offense, isn't giving you anything on the defensive end (nor does most of his teammates). So while the Warriors are an exciting bunch to watch, don't expect to see them playing too far into June. 

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2014, 12:06:02 pm »

Stephan Curry is having a great year, but Ricky Rubio ain't been bad. He is in the top five among Point Guards in assists and points and is the best in the league in rebounds and steals at his position.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2014, 05:35:38 pm »

Stephan Curry is having a great year, but Ricky Rubio ain't been bad. He is in the top five among Point Guards in assists and points and is the best in the league in rebounds and steals at his position.

Rubio is among the elite in the NBA when it comes to a pure point guard.  He is very methodical when it comes to breaking down the defense.  

Thunder's Westbrook is not a true point guard; however, he does complement the pieces and deficiencies OKC currently have in place.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org