A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:54:48 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albert G's Bar-B-Q - Blue Dome Downtown Tulsa  (Read 24754 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 08:36:23 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Blue Dome
Date/Time of Visit: New Year's Day 2 pm
Quality of Food (1-5): 3.5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 3
Quality of Service (1-5): 1
Atmosphere (1-5): 5
Overall Rating (1-5): 3
Price ($-$$$$$): $

What makes this restaurant unique:
Beautiful interior. Love how they converted the space.

Tell us about your experience:
We were seated promptly, but were not acknowledge by a server for a good 15 minutes. She sold us on the brisket queso and chips appetizer...not good. We did not like it at all. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and tabouli. The pork was very tender...good sandwich. The tabouli was average. My dining companion had the pulled pork and smoked sausage on his sandwich and coleslaw. He liked both. The service is the issue with this visit. Our server did not check on us during the meal and never refilled our teas - yet refilled a table right next to us and walked right past us with the tea pitcher. Even when she came by after we finished and took plates away, she still didn't offer to refill. We were sucking ice at that point. No refills cost her a portion of the tip. Would we go back? I don't know...maybe.

I've gone there 5-6 times with flawless service each time. I had a similar experience to what you were describing in another restaurant and it turned out the reason is that the people who were inattentively serving us weren't our actual servers. The actual server was not there or not aware we were there.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 07:03:17 am »

I've gone there 5-6 times with flawless service each time. I had a similar experience to what you were describing in another restaurant and it turned out the reason is that the people who were inattentively serving us weren't our actual servers. The actual server was not there or not aware we were there.

She was our server. No doubt. She just sucked.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 11:31:10 am »

Just to follow up my review and the difference in how the BBQ is being processed for serving downtown from the Harvard store, it’s just the same as always at Harvard.  Same trim on the ribs as always, beef and pork are done as usual.  When I ate at the downtown one, the trim on the ribs was smaller than I was used to with Albert G’s.

Gaspar may have a point that by going full service, Chuck has opened a whole can of worms that isn’t good when it comes to BBQ.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 11:39:05 am »

Just to follow up my review and the difference in how the BBQ is being processed for serving downtown from the Harvard store, it’s just the same as always at Harvard.  Same trim on the ribs as always, beef and pork are done as usual.  When I ate at the downtown one, the trim on the ribs was smaller than I was used to with Albert G’s.

Gaspar may have a point that by going full service, Chuck has opened a whole can of worms that isn’t good when it comes to BBQ.

Just more difficult.  From everyone I've talked to, Chuck seems to be pulling it off with only minor inconsistencies. Willing to bet he hired a hell of a kitchen/general mgr.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 11:48:57 am »

It's just as good as Harvard.....!!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org