A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:33:29 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote Yes for Improve our Tulsa  (Read 7474 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: November 12, 2013, 09:09:06 am »

Please take a moment to review the projects included in the Improve Our Tulsa measure (prop 2 & 3 on the ballot) and vote YES for this needed spending.  http://www.improveourtulsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/General-list-of-Improve-Our-Tulsa-capital-improvements-package-projects1.pdf

Unlike past initiatives, this measure was very intelligently structured and will actually lower our current sales tax and have a neutral affect on our property tax.  There are no Easter-eggs in the plan or projects that represent political pets.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:49:54 am »

I consider a $11.75 million new tiger exhibit for the zoo a pet project.

But I am a cat person.

Power is nothing till you use it.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 10:22:49 am »

By "decorative lighting" I believe that means Acorn-style glare bombs.
By now everyone should know those dont enhance safety (quite the opposite) and are little more than just a guaranteed revenue flow to AEP.

If it were a separate item, it probably wouldnt pass. 

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:33:38 am »

I consider a $11.75 million new tiger exhibit for the zoo a pet project.

But I am a cat person.

My son and I were there on Saturday and the existing Tiger exhibit is pitiful! Poor thing has no room to move.  Don't know what they were thinking when they put that animal in there.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 02:44:04 pm »

I am voting yes for Improve our Tulsa but I wish it contained some revenue generators instead of so much street work.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 04:28:18 pm »

The way some folks talk streets are a revenue generator 'cause ain't nobody movin' to a town with streets on the level of Baghdad.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 08:39:57 am »

Since this passed, when will projects start breaking ground?
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:16:45 am »

Since this passed, when will projects start breaking ground?

Improve Our Tulsa doesn't kick in until the current Fix Our Streets initiative expires. That would be July 1. Our sales tax rate will drop at that point from 8.517% to 8.5%
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »

INCOG Ready For Next Step With GO Plan

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/incog-ready-next-step-go-plan

INCOG has the data it needs to begin the next phase of developing a bicycle and pedestrian master plan for the Tulsa metro area.

James Wagner with INCOG said more than 400 people responded through an online map, but the council didn’t stop there.

"We have a complete sidewalk inventory for the entire Tulsa metropolitan area, and so that really helps us identify the gaps of where there's no sidewalk," Wagner said. "We also have a pretty good database of traffic volumes, so we know how much traffic is on each street relative to how many lanes are there."

Tulsa is currently a bronze-level bicycle-friendly community, which is the lowest tier. Tulsa hasn’t achieved any walk-friendly community status.

Some projects under the complete streets concept may start with the next Improve Our Tulsa package.

"That will mean you'll see sidewalks on all the arterial streets that are rehabbed, and then in addition to that, the streets that we designated as on-street bikeways or bike lanes, you'll start to see those as the Improve Our Tulsa projects kind of roll out," Wagner said.

Wagner said there’s about $4.2 million from Improve Our Tulsa to start working on projects, but it will take some time.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 12:26:20 pm »

Our streets are not that bad, the problem is un-needed street work, tearing up streets that had no problems and just rebuilding them the same size with no extra lanes. I still do not believe that highway 75 bridge needed to be rebuilt, it was not that old and looked to be in good shape. Other waste is repaving side streets then tearing up the new pavement to put in new pipes and then re-paving it again. Here's a money saver why not replace the pipes first then re-pave the streets afters? They have been working on Memorial street between Admiral & 11th street for over a year when it's done it'll still be only 4 lanes when they know in the future it will have to be made wider so why not rebuilt the street wider now as long as it's all torn up  and save money from going back there in two years and making the street wider.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 12:40:12 pm »

Our streets are not that bad, the problem is un-needed street work, tearing up streets that had no problems and just rebuilding them the same size with no extra lanes. I still do not believe that highway 75 bridge needed to be rebuilt, it was not that old and looked to be in good shape. Other waste is repaving side streets then tearing up the new pavement to put in new pipes and then re-paving it again. Here's a money saver why not replace the pipes first then re-pave the streets afters? They have been working on Memorial street between Admiral & 11th street for over a year when it's done it'll still be only 4 lanes when they know in the future it will have to be made wider so why not rebuilt the street wider now as long as it's all torn up  and save money from going back there in two years and making the street wider.

OK, that proves to me you don't live here.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 03:23:19 pm »

City of Tulsa Launches New Public Projects Website

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/city-tulsa-launches-new-public-projects-website

A new website launches to provide details on projects funded by the Improve Our Tulsa initiative.

http://improveourtulsa.com/

The Improve Our Tulsa website is similar to the old Fix Our Streets website. Engineering Director Paul Zachary said users can zoom in a map view from arterial streets to neighborhood levels.

"We found it to be very beneficial to homeowners associations, the councilors, so that we have — everybody's got the expectation of what streets and what streets are not included in the program," Zachary said.

Projects will be updated as new estimates or money for projects become available.

"Everybody somewhat expects, 'OK, you've got your first money, when's my street going to get done?'" Zachary said. "Well, some of the funding, quite honestly, is spread out, all the way out to 2021. So, when that gets appropriated, it kind of gives us a schedule of when we are doing the work."

Voters approved Improve Our Tulsa in 2013, providing nearly $625 million for streets projects. But the combination of a third penny sales tax and general obligation bonds also covers city needs such as park renovations and fire equipment.

"They should have, on there, the full picture, and also there's a frequently asked questions. There's also a project lists," Zachary said.

Improve Our Tulsa provides nearly $919 million in all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org