A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:13 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toronto Mayor  (Read 6091 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: November 07, 2013, 04:16:32 pm »

No matter who wins Tulsa's mayoral election we are better off than Toronto, so we've got that going for us.

See if you can find Toronto Mayor Rob Ford in this picture:

HINT: He has just eaten a large Mexican meal washed down with a quart of gin and a couple rocks of the good good.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:23:11 pm »

No matter who wins Tulsa's mayoral election we are better off than Toronto, so we've got that going for us.

HINT: He has just eaten a large Mexican meal washed down with a quart of gin and a couple rocks of the good good.

Don’t laugh.  His approval ratings are 10 points higher than President Obama.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 04:26:13 pm »

Don’t laugh.  His approval ratings are 10 points higher than President Obama.

Which, it just happens to be, is the approval rating of Congress (10 points).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 04:27:29 pm »

Which, it just happens to be, is the approval rating of Congress (10 points).

Congress’ approval rating is that high?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 04:33:00 pm »

Congress’ approval rating is that high?

I know...amazing, isn't it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 10:24:24 pm »

And even with their mayor, they are better off than we have been with Doobey.  And the people of Toronto are for the most part very happy to be there.  I have 5 friends living there who are from here, and they continue to just shake their heads about Tulsa - what we put up with here.

I have visited a few times and it is one of the few cities I have been to that I would actually consider as a place to live - it's very nice when the nukes next door aren't trying to melt down - and if they weren't just so totally stupid about firearms in that country.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:26:22 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 11:13:51 pm »

My horse looks like that when he's peeing.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 07:44:33 pm »

Oh.Em.Gee...

"I've got enough to eat at home"...

Skip to 0:34, and it's not safe for work.

As if that were a necessary disclaimer with this guy at this point.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMIQWRsYxak[/youtube]

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 08:48:04 pm »

Oh.Em.Gee...

"I've got enough to eat at home"...

Skip to 0:34, and it's not safe for work.

As if that were a necessary disclaimer with this guy at this point.

Well, ya know....the guy is really a piece of work....probably kind of a flake, but I bet he is a hoot to party with!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 12:09:21 pm »

And...he died.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org