A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:57:39 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Owasso Gathering on Main  (Read 17337 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: November 06, 2013, 07:24:26 pm »

Owasso has the next Meeting on Main tomorrow night. Earlier today, this was posted on their FB page:

Reminder for those participating at Thursday nights Gathering. When passing out flyers, information or free items, it MUST be done from your assigned booth space only. Do not stand in front of your booth or block walk ways as they must be kept open at all times. No items or flyers can be passed out in the food court area at any time. Thank you in advance for helping us keep the area clean, and it a safe, fun and enjoyable event for everyone.

I posted this in comments:

This event is open to the public and it's being held in a public space. Unless it's rented out as a private event, you cannot restrict the right to distribute flyers and pamphlets. It's that pesky First Amendment thing, you know. Better check with the city attorney.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:36:22 pm »

This event is open to the public and it's being held in a public space. Unless it's rented out as a private event, you cannot restrict the right to distribute flyers and pamphlets. It's that pesky First Amendment thing, you know.

Even in Owasso?

Grin

rebound
City Father

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 10:14:22 am »

Did they post back?  I live in Owasso, and have yet to go one of these.  This post is just the incentive I need to go check it out.  You going to be passing out flyers?

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 10:29:39 am »

Sounds like a religious event.

onward...through the fog
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 10:58:37 am »

These are great events for Owasso. We had a booth and sold compost bins below cost at the one two months ago. There is lots of booths of everything from small businesses, no-profits, artists, food and live music.

A regular festival one night a month is a great idea.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 05:04:58 pm »

They're trying to promote downtown as a destination with a long range goal of revitalization. I suspect the idea of discouraging flyers is meant to reduce litter, but that's merely supposition.

And no, there was no reply. I may go by there tonight and ask the cops if they're going to enforce it.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:16:31 pm »

They're trying to promote downtown as a destination with a long range goal of revitalization. I suspect the idea of discouraging flyers is meant to reduce litter, but that's merely supposition.

And no, there was no reply. I may go by there tonight and ask the cops if they're going to enforce it.

Revitalize downtown??  Family had a store there at the corner of 76th street and Main in the late '60s - downtown is one block long...how do you revitalize a couple of old strip centers??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org