A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:12:16 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall 2013 TV New shows: Thoughts?  (Read 34243 times)
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2014, 12:14:48 pm »

I thought the final scene paid so much attention to detail; specifically the final shot of Rust's truck from the tail light perspective (the broken taillight which still remains broken after 10 years).  Cannot wait for Sunday's episode.  I'm surprised HBO is airing a new episode on Sunday given that the Oscars are that night.

I loved when Rust asked if he could buy Marty a drink, then looked at Marty's car, and said that maybe Marty could buy him one, instead.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 12:25:33 pm »

I loved when Rust asked if he could buy Marty a drink, then looked at Marty's car, and said that maybe Marty could buy him one, instead.

The Ep 7 preview has me curious as to what Marty sees that gets him all discombobulated.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBvXKe-HMhA[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 12:34:44 pm »

The Ep 7 preview has me curious as to what Marty sees that gets him all discombobulated.

Originally, I thought it probably had something to do with Maggie or one of the daughters.  I don't think Rust would have gone that long without telling Marty if someone in his family was in danger.  I think it, maybe, has something to do with the girl from the bunny ranch.  I found it too convenient that she showed up again.  I still think that the father-in-law is involved somehow, too.  That is what is so great about that show, it keeps you guessing and wanting to know more until the episode.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2014, 12:46:27 pm »

This is pretty funny: http://www.collegehumor.com/post/6955188/rust-cohle-okcupid-profile-true-detective
It's Rust's OKCupid dating profile.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2014, 01:26:04 pm »

Is Woody Harrelson in like. Oh I don't know......Everything?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2014, 02:14:28 pm »

Is Woody Harrelson in like. Oh I don't know......Everything?

Not really.  Last thing I saw him in was "Now You See Me"..oh and the "Hunger Games" movies.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2014, 08:06:38 pm »

There's a good chance Woody is going to try and be here for Tulsa Tough this year if it works with his schedule.  He's a huge cycling enthusiast and rode with a friend of mine and ARGUS' in Atlanta while working on the Hunger Games series last fall.  Video of Crybaby Hill apparently was the clincher.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2014, 12:26:21 pm »

There's a good chance Woody is going to try and be here for Tulsa Tough this year if it works with his schedule.  He's a huge cycling enthusiast and rode with a friend of mine and ARGUS' in Atlanta while working on the Hunger Games series last fall.  Video of Crybaby Hill apparently was the clincher.

That would be really cool. Hopefully he can make it happen.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2014, 12:26:18 pm »

I haven't see EP 7 yet, but I can't help but look at the promotional poster as a clue:

It's interesting that the image puts the crown of Marty's head at the top of bottom frame.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2014, 05:36:48 pm »

I haven't see EP 7 yet, but I can't help but look at the promotional poster as a clue:

It's interesting that the image puts the crown of Marty's head at the top of bottom frame.

For any of you that have recorded the show and haven't seen it yet, avert your eyes, as **spoilers** are ahead...

I was satisfied with the season finale.  Did it tie up loose ends?  Some, but not all of them.

I've been watching numerous reviewers and bloggers dissect the episode; many of them wanted it to be some existential plot twist that was to blame.

In the end, it was just a twisted guy who worshipped everything related to Carcosa and the "King in Yellow".

I think these last two episodes, Harrelson got a chance to show his acting chops.  Sure, McC did well, but Harrelson came off, up until now, as a snooty adulterer with a limited vocabulary and disrepect for women.

I think the line he used with Cohle in the hospital room during their first conversation post-incident sums it up pretty nicely:

Cohle: We didn't get 'em all.
Hart: Yeah, and we ain't gonna get 'em all. That ain't what kind of world it is, but we got ours.

Audio on this video is NSFW:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ5oix-9GA8[/youtube]

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2014, 09:25:48 am »

I watch Person of Interest and according to the show, a character joined the FBI in order to access the nuclear power facility here in Tulsa.

dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2014, 09:50:12 am »

For any of you that have recorded the show and haven't seen it yet, avert your eyes, as **spoilers** are ahead...

I was satisfied with the season finale.  Did it tie up loose ends?  Some, but not all of them.

I've been watching numerous reviewers and bloggers dissect the episode; many of them wanted it to be some existential plot twist that was to blame.

In the end, it was just a twisted guy who worshipped everything related to Carcosa and the "King in Yellow".

I think these last two episodes, Harrelson got a chance to show his acting chops.  Sure, McC did well, but Harrelson came off, up until now, as a snooty adulterer with a limited vocabulary and disrepect for women.

I think the line he used with Cohle in the hospital room during their first conversation post-incident sums it up pretty nicely:

Cohle: We didn't get 'em all.
Hart: Yeah, and we ain't gonna get 'em all. That ain't what kind of world it is, but we got ours.

Audio on this video is NSFW:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ5oix-9GA8[/youtube]

I am a little late in getting back to this.  I liked the end of the show, as well.  I have seen it mentioned that the show wasn't about the case, but was about the relationship of Cohle and Hart and how it evolved over the 15 years, and how they evolved as people.  Everything else was just background noise.  I can see that after looking back at how the show unfolded.  If you look at as a conspiracy that was supposed to be solved, the ending would be disappointing.  In that case, the last two episodes seemed very rushed and seemed to be missing a lot of substance after a lot of build up.  I am eagerly awaiting season two.

dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2014, 09:50:50 am »

I watch Person of Interest and according to the show, a character joined the FBI in order to access the nuclear power facility here in Tulsa.

I wonder where we are hiding that?

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2014, 10:12:09 am »

I heard that last night and chuckled. The writers must be giggling as well if they've ever visited here. Or, maybe Holly Refinery is actually a cover.......

onward...through the fog
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2014, 11:02:20 am »

I wonder where we are hiding that?

It's hidden by the "pink cloud".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org