A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:36:52 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall 2013 TV New shows: Thoughts?  (Read 34247 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 08:28:08 am »

I finished up the fourth and I'm halfway through the fifth. These two episodes are much better. I shall continue. Thanks for the info guy's.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 09:02:46 am »

Anyone else think Marty is the YK?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 09:07:34 am »

His character is nuts. I do like how they bust each others balls.  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 09:23:54 am »

I don't think he is.  I re-watched the 5th episode last night to try to catch things that I might have missed.  I think if Marty was the Yellow King, the pharmacy killer would have said something about it to Rust when he said that he had met the Yellow King.  He said that he recognized him (probably from newspaper articles).  He would have seen Marty in those articles, too.  I guess the Yellow King could be disguised when he is the Yellow King, though.

I think it will come down to the preacher from the first episode, who is the governor's cousin, and who died in 2010, and the burned face guy that the revival girls told Marty about.  I also suspect that Marty's father-in-law is involved, somehow.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 09:26:55 am »

I don't think he is.  I re-watched the 5th episode last night to try to catch things that I might have missed.  I think if Marty was the Yellow King, the pharmacy killer would have said something about it to Rust when he said that he had met the Yellow King.  He said that he recognized him (probably from newspaper articles).  He would have seen Marty in those articles, too.  I guess the Yellow King could be disguised when he is the Yellow King, though.

I think it will come down to the preacher from the first episode, who is the governor's cousin, and who died in 2010, and the burned face guy that the revival girls told Marty about.  I also suspect that Marty's father-in-law is involved, somehow.

I think Marty is involved a lot more than some people may think.  Did you also notice from the Ep 6 teaser after the initial run on Sunday that it looks like the investigators are now interrogating Maggie?  This should get really interesting now.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 09:55:32 am »

I think Marty is involved a lot more than some people may think.  Did you also notice from the Ep 6 teaser after the initial run on Sunday that it looks like the investigators are now interrogating Maggie?  This should get really interesting now.

I guess I missed that.  I did notice that it looks like Marty is going to do something to one of the guys that was caught with his daughter.  There was a snippet of him going into the cell and the guy getting in a defensive position.  If he does something pretty bad with him, that may lead to Maggie's questioning and him getting kicked out of the state police (and, possibly the end of his marriage).  I don't think we know for sure that he was fired, but I don't think he would have just left.

I definitely think that someone in Marty's family is involved.  All signs point to that with the way the daughter has acted though the years; the dolls in the bedroom, the pictures that she drew, and the promiscuity.  The writers have made it pretty obvious that something happened to her at a young age.

Side note:  Did you notice that there were five male dolls with the female doll in the bedroom and that Rust made five figures with the beer cans?  

Edit:  I forgot to add that I think Rust and Marty have been running a game together between 2002 and 2012.  We have already seen that they have no problem lying about big situations and that Rust can go deep undercover.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:22:32 am by dioscorides » Logged

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2014, 02:57:22 pm »

It looks like Cox is offering an internet+ package that lets you get HBO now.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2014, 11:18:57 pm »

I guess I missed that.  I did notice that it looks like Marty is going to do something to one of the guys that was caught with his daughter.  There was a snippet of him going into the cell and the guy getting in a defensive position.  If he does something pretty bad with him, that may lead to Maggie's questioning and him getting kicked out of the state police (and, possibly the end of his marriage).  I don't think we know for sure that he was fired, but I don't think he would have just left.

I definitely think that someone in Marty's family is involved.  All signs point to that with the way the daughter has acted though the years; the dolls in the bedroom, the pictures that she drew, and the promiscuity.  The writers have made it pretty obvious that something happened to her at a young age.

Side note:  Did you notice that there were five male dolls with the female doll in the bedroom and that Rust made five figures with the beer cans?  

Edit:  I forgot to add that I think Rust and Marty have been running a game together between 2002 and 2012.  We have already seen that they have no problem lying about big situations and that Rust can go deep undercover.

I feel incredibly bad for the actors and/or actresses (the creator of the show has inferred that it doesn't have to be male characters) that have to follow Harrelson and McConaughey.  I knew McConaughey was on a bit of a comeback after I'd seen movies like "Mud", "Magic Mike" and "Killer Joe", but damn.  Talk about taking the typecast out of your brand.  And I have yet to see either "Dallas Buyers Club" or "Wolf of Wall Street".  Heard he was pretty good in the latter.

This last episode was just so dark, although it resolved why Rust and Marty had their falling out, and, unfortunately, I nailed it early on (no pun intended there).  Smiley

Wasn't what Rust told that girl in the interrogation room at the very end so incredibly unexpected.  Guess these guys are going for quality over quantity.  Good on them.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2014, 04:04:49 pm »

Wasn't what Rust told that girl in the interrogation room at the very end so incredibly unexpected.

That absolutely blew me away.  The other thing that blew me away was that Rust, Marty, and Maggie all lied about the rift between Marty and Rust, and, in turn, about what broke up the marriage.  It's like they all have an unspoken agreement to never talk about it.  I felt like episode 6 was mainly filler (though, it did have its moments).  I think episode 7 is going to be another great one, like episode 5 was.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 06:08:52 pm »

I think I should have been British.  Finished up all the Merlin episodes, and recently the only shows I have been watching are DR Who, Downton Abbey, Mrs Fishers Murder Mysteries (which are actually set in Australia), and an assortment of British Comedies.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 09:57:40 am »

I think I should have been British.  Finished up all the Merlin episodes, and recently the only shows I have been watching are DR Who, Downton Abbey, Mrs Fishers Murder Mysteries (which are actually set in Australia), and an assortment of British Comedies.

Me too.

What, no Sherlock? Season 3 was amazing.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 10:22:58 am »

That absolutely blew me away.  The other thing that blew me away was that Rust, Marty, and Maggie all lied about the rift between Marty and Rust, and, in turn, about what broke up the marriage.  It's like they all have an unspoken agreement to never talk about it.  I felt like episode 6 was mainly filler (though, it did have its moments).  I think episode 7 is going to be another great one, like episode 5 was.

I thought the final scene paid so much attention to detail; specifically the final shot of Rust's truck from the tail light perspective (the broken taillight which still remains broken after 10 years).  Cannot wait for Sunday's episode.  I'm surprised HBO is airing a new episode on Sunday given that the Oscars are that night.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 10:27:59 am »

I think I should have been British.  Finished up all the Merlin episodes, and recently the only shows I have been watching are DR Who, Downton Abbey, Mrs Fishers Murder Mysteries (which are actually set in Australia), and an assortment of British Comedies.

Try Foyle's War, Inspector Morse, Inspector Lewis and Mr Selfridge.

All character driven and addictive.

Oh, and Endeavour.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:34:22 am by Townsend » Logged
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2014, 10:44:55 am »

Me too.

What, no Sherlock? Season 3 was amazing.

Definitely have liked the few episodes I have seen but by the time I get back from the shop each evening I have about an hour to do any TV watching.  So tend to alternate days between two TV shows and add a little something for variety here and there on those evenings when there is a little extra time. In between remodeling the kitchen and taking care of critters and other chores at home, working on Museum related stuff, trying to get a new store up to snuff, all after my day job, and trying to squeeze in some tiny semblance of friends/family real life stuff,,, taint much time for TV lol.  Sneaking a 10 or 15 minute break on here is about half my social life these days sadly enough.  Tongue

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 10:45:48 am »

Try Foyle's War, Inspector Morse, Inspector Lewis and Mr Selfridge.

All character driven and addictive.

Oh, and Endeavour.

Great shows all.  Have them on my list after I am done with the ones I am currently on  Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org